What's new

I Cant Face the End.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey man i would say do indoor but just keep it small, you will love the control you have. check out my 250 hps grow - just a li'l 2x2 cab and you would not be able to outsmoke it. grow just a few plants and get the max out of them.

you've got to adapt, even if you manage a few more outdoor, it cant go on forever.

good luck

VG

someotherguy

Veteran
If you want supper on the table at night...you do...

high Dutch, meant to leave you a message in the Rep box but i accidently hit the keyboard and sent it without, lol.

anyway, have a teriffic year in 2011.

btw Toker, i'm happy to hear the wife has said ok to a limited grow for you outdoors and i understand your concerns regarding an indoor grow but, lol, in all my 55 years of living, my house has NEVER been searched, not once, so chances are, your house wouldn't be searched either unless you were careless, which sounds very unlikely from what you have already shared.

here's a couple pics of my cabs, the first of which, my mother box, was built about 4 years ago.

mother box, closed
picture.php

mother box, open
picture.php

flower box, closed
picture.php

flower box, open
picture.php

clone/veg box, closed
picture.php

clone/veg box, open, ...cloners go up top.
picture.php

i guess my point is that cabinet growing indoors is as safe as can be if you are smart about it and you didn't grow geurilla for 40+ years without being smart!

good luck man, and be safe, SOG

johnny butt

I'm a young whipper snapper.

Half dozen years growing the herb... Just out of college....

Still need that apprentice DS?!?! :dance013:

I got a strong back, strong will, and the balls of iron and a little carbon....

Best of luck with the grows, I'm sure you'll figure a way to keep them growing....

JB

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
When I clicked on this thread I thought it was gonna be about terminal cancer or something.

I grow in a micro-cab setup in my home because the idea of growing a bunch of plants on public land scares the crap out of me. And you grow outside because growing inside (even micro) worries you! What a funny world we live in, eh?

E

el dub

Shucks, DS, it looks like you dodged a bullet this time.

I'm guessing there is some number between 12 and what you ran last year that would make a nice compromise. Last season was tough. Fewer plants with more appropriate genetics could/should make for an easier time next year.

lw

tried outside three times.
rabbits ate it once; died of thirst second time; something bigger than a rabbit ate e'm the third time.
grow indoors or just quit. i figure i can buy it cheaper than i am growing it. my last electric bills were both over $300. at .10/kwatt!

Baba Ku

Veteran
BTW, I know KY has the harshest marijuana laws in the country so be very careful.

Not really...in fact, in KY you can grow 4 plants with no consideration of size, and still be charged with a misdemeanor.
Go north one state and face 20 years for 4 plants.

W

wiseone

Wow I need to read all the way through this. I'm facing something very similar. GF says no more outside grows. She's wants me to stay inside and I can't do it.
Maybe I can see what some are saying and use it to win my case.

W

wiseone

Not really...in fact, in KY you can grow 4 plants with no consideration of size, and still be charged with a misdemeanor.
Go north one state and face 20 years for 4 plants.

Go east a couple states and get up to 35 years for 1 plant. East Coast is still in the dark ages when it comes to laws concerning weed.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gots' to get in on this one.........lol. Damn DS, falling off a 50' ridge/cliff....?! WTF, bro? Were you out there in the dark? You dodged a major bullet. Lucky to be here telling us this experience you had. I've heard a couple of good ideas, especially the one with the GPS device. As far as age, I'm "just around the corner", so i know where you're coming from. That's some hard work, but worth it in the end. Personally, when I go out there, I got my boys with me, thank God. You got a GREAT woman, as has been said, also. She understands you're gonna be YOU, so she's not stepping on your grow, she just wants you closer to her so she can get to you in case she needs to. May the GOOD Karma follow you always.

Lorien

Dude just getcha a little dr. budgreengenes setup going :)

Don't think of it as giving up, aging is natural and life is too good to risk it climbin through the bushes being stubborn

peace & love brother

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”..peace.

tr1ck_

I found this thread a bit ironic myself, I want to try outdoors but it scares the crap out of me. I feel 100% safe with my little closet grows, but outdoors there are so many other variables that bring risk.

Either way, I hope you find a solution that works for you and your wife. A well settup stealth indoor grow is pretty darn secure though. Especially if you toss it up in the attic like VerdantGreen's. His 250 watt seems to pull 6-10 ounces each harvest, and he doesn't grow a single strain, so that could be improved with a single strain.

If your wife continues to let you go outdoors, I would look hard at the options such as GPS and SAT phone because it would really let your wife worry a lot less, and stress can do all sorts of bad stuff, especially as you grow older.

Stay safe!

Gr33nman

get a device called the spot. like gps but instead of telling u where u are it tells your wife where you r. or others, but only when you want them to know. plus you can send messeges. google it or pm me for ?s about it if ya want. 150 dollars plus service plan and your rollin safely.

Latest posts

Latest posts