What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I can use some help

Vondetour

I bought seeds and they came with a mystery seed, the one on the right is a northern lights autoflower and the left is the mystery seed.
9ILFdvR.jpg

Both started growing two days apart starting on 17 feb 24, northern lights started flowering on 7 apr but the mystery seed keeps growing. I went from 18/6 to a 12/12 light cycle as someone said give it a try and that was16 apr. Here's a closeup of the mystery plant after 60 days
a2o41M9.jpg

and and here's my northern lights at 60 days.
lkV2eUI.jpg

I'm 60% sure the mystery plant is not a autoflower and thinking it's a male, looking at the pics what do you think. My northern light is within a month of harvest and if the mystery plant has still done nothing I might give up on it and trash it so I can use the tent for drying the northern lights..

Last edited by a moderator:

oldmaninbc

Your NL plant has a way to go yet so why not leave your mystery plant. If I understand right you only changed the hours of light a couple of days ago, in my grows it takes a bit longer for sexual expression then 2 days. It could take between a week or as much as 3 weeks, that's been my experience. I can't get a clear enough image to see into the interior of the mystery plant, to decide sex. Maybe another member will be able to help you.

Vondetour

Your NL plant has a way to go yet so why not leave your mystery plant. If I understand right you only changed the hours of light a couple of days ago, in my grows it takes a bit longer for sexual expression then 2 days. It could take between a week or as much as 3 weeks, that's been my experience. I can't get a clear enough image to see into the interior of the mystery plant, to decide sex. Maybe another member will be able to help you.
I was thinking of waiting till the NL is ready to harvest and that I think is 2 or 3 weeks yet. TY

oldmaninbc

If the recent photo was the same as the above photos you posted I could probably tell, but I can't enlarge/magnify this one. Female left/male right
1713563317641.png

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
In my experience, mystery seeds are always female plants, freebie for buds. I mean, freebies from seedbanks, don't know if it's your situation. Cannot assure you that, but really looks like a female.
Plants looks healthy, keep up your good job and good luck.

Vondetour

In my experience, mystery seeds are always female plants, freebie for buds. I mean, freebies from seedbanks, don't know if it's your situation. Cannot assure you that, but really looks like a female.
Plants looks healthy, keep up your good job and good luck.
Cool TY, a new issue I have with the northern lights I feed both Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula and cam mag as per instructions but yesterday I started seeing yellowing leaves. Is that normal. I Waite till the soil is dry before watering

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Cool TY, a new issue I have with the northern lights I feed both Fox Farm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula and cam mag as per instructions but yesterday I started seeing yellowing leaves. Is that normal. I Waite till the soil is dry before watering

I'm not a nutes person and someone else may give you a better option, but usually I see recommendations to feed with half and even a third of label instructions and increase gradually. It takes a while for the plant to eat what's in the soil and leaves that had already started to turn yellow no longer recover.
Over/underwater and plants heading to the end of its flowering cycle are other common cause of leaf yellowing.

Latest posts

Latest posts