What's new

I.C. Mag should open up a retail outlet in Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dear Skip and mods,

I think you guys should open up a retail shop in Colorado. You could sell the seeds and the nugs made from the seeds. It would be so awesome to have a shop where you can go in and buy a small sac of the strain you are thinking about growing before you buys the pack of seeds. Also a mother of good pheno types can be kept there so breeders could sell there clones as well. It opens up all kinds of new support for the site, and a whole new way for breeders to make money in a more and more competitive market. It will also bring thousands of new users to the site. It would also provide a few jobs for some lucky stoners that dont want to work for large soul sucking corporation that would treat them like shit.

Please consider doing this. Maybe at least go for a dispensary in cali. the same idea could be applied. I would give you guys free advertising too. I would recruit my crew and my trimmers to pass out fliers for icmag all over the bay. I bet there is some ICmaggers in Colorado willing to do the same.

This also benifits icmag growers. we would have a trustworthy LEGAL outlet for our product in at least two or three states, and we could form a little coalition to make sure everyone is treated fair. With just a bit of corporation, the growers, breeders, venders, and customers could all get very fair prices and the site could be supported.

Also if you pay taxes to those state governments you fall under their protection from federal governments. It gives you layers of protection and it spreads your eggs around multiple baskets. Like if something happens to you guys in one place you are still good to go because you have multiple sources of funding and multiple seed banks full of product.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
ICMag doesn't sell seeds, or especially weed.
It does allow ads from other companies which sell seeds, 2 of which happen to be owned by the parent company which owns ICMag.
I don't think this would be a very good idea even in a "Legal" state (Scare quotes used due to the federal vs state issue), especially when the proprietor of IC is already in a far eastern nick at the behest of the US Federal Government.

One day mate.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Selling seeds is completely legal in the uk anyway.

Provided they are for novelty or collectible purposes, or as food for people/animal, and of course fishing bait. If a headshop sells someone a pack of super skunk and a copy of Mel Thomas's European Cannabis Cultivation, they can get done for conspiracy. That's why growshops don't have fridges full of seeds under the counter, or copies of soft secrets on the counter and display cases full of grow books anymore.

Ahh, the growshop/headshop fridge...I remember when they were full of shrooms.

Pragma

Just figure out a way to use bitcoin for seedbou/bay ......
If the black market in south america can use bitcoin... I think a legal business in UK can use it too.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^all Good points amigos. I do think though that with the right lawyers it could be pulled off. Colorado will protect ICmag and bring a new precedent .

another option is that it may not actually have to be owned by the site, so they are not actually selling weed or seeds. It is just endorsed outlet in the USA. The owners of the site would never have to step foot in the place. There is hundreds of thousands of Americans out there that do not buy seeds simply because they are scared to order them in the mail.

There can be a shop forum on the site just for the clones offered at the shop that month or quarter. Each clone could have it's own dairy and people can learn all about that strain directly from the breeder or a skilled icmag grower. I know we kind of have this now but it is a more random thing. This would be more like a focused menu that comes with a cook book.

There could also be weekly tastings, where a person pays x amount of dollars and they get to come try a smorgasbord of nugs, and learn about each one. I know a master sommelier that does this with wine and it brings in so many new customers, and it is a good deal and a good time. The man really enjoys educating people about wine in a very welcoming manner and I know there is lots of ICmag growers that could do the same just with nug instead.

It's basically a 5 star harbor side. When I say 5 star I dont mean snoody or elitist or dress coded. Nothing lame like that. I just mean the level of knowledge, service, and product offered would be as good as it gets in the bud world.

A place like this will be opened by many people. I just think ICmag needs to get in on the concept. Personally I would love to run it and if I had the cash I would open it right now.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys I gave out to much rep in my news years good karma spree, but I will hit you up for thread participation when I recharge. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
^all Good points amigos. I do think though that with the right lawyers it could be pulled off. Colorado will protect ICmag and bring a new precedent .

Colorado isn't the problem. The problem is fed vs state. How would seeds get to Colorado without passing through Federal airspace or crossing state lines. Seeds are treated the same as buds under US law, so any seed shop in Co, sending seeds out of the state would be in line for a reaming, courtesy of uncle sams long, spiky, unlubed penis.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I think Hash's idea is great, but maybe the location is not ideal.

would be interesting to see how would the same idea apply (legally speaking) in places like Uruguay or India :chin:

also, in another thread, someone else mentioned another great idea to deal with payment from U.S customers; basically have someone there getting the payment and notifying the boo and bay where to send.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
also, in another thread, someone else mentioned another great idea to deal with payment from U.S customers; basically have someone there getting the payment and notifying the boo and bay where to send.

I think that is a really bad idea. Just another opportunity for someone to come along an run off with the bread.

Anything based in the US is a non starter. Importing seeds into or out of the US is dug trafficking under the law, as is being concerend in said activities. If they couldn't get the UK bosses, they'd surely go after the US money man.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colorado isn't the problem. The problem is fed vs state. How would seeds get to Colorado without passing through Federal airspace or crossing state lines. Seeds are treated the same as buds under US law, so any seed shop in Co, sending seeds out of the state would be in line for a reaming, courtesy of uncle sams long, spiky, unlubed penis.

ICmag would have to establish colorado breeders or current breeders would have to move there. As long as there was no cross borders sales from Colorado to else ware or else ware to Colorado, icmag can have a U.S. corporation legally. Seems like a win to me.

Telluride
telluride.jpg

Most Beautiful Places In Colorado Part 1
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/most-beautiful-places-in-colorado-part-1

:D

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
ICmag would have to establish colorado breeders or current breeders would have to move there. As long as there was no cross borders sales from Colorado to else ware or else ware to Colorado, icmag can have a U.S. corporation legally. Seems like a win to me.

Telluride
View Image

Most Beautiful Places In Colorado Part 1
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/most-beautiful-places-in-colorado-part-1

:D

People buy seeds all over the world, though granted the US is probably the biggest market.
Also, I can't see most of the breeders moving to Colorado.
Regarding no cross border sales, it wouldn't be bou/bay then. you are talking about a subsidiary, dedicated only to Co.....

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
I think that is a really bad idea. Just another opportunity for someone to come along an run off with the bread.

Anything based in the US is a non starter. Importing seeds into or out of the US is dug trafficking under the law, as is being concerend in said activities. If they couldn't get the UK bosses, they'd surely go after the US money man.

you have a point, but it is not that the idea is bad, but that generally it is really hard to find honest working people.

maybe it could start/be tested with stock only from U.S breeders?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
you have a point, but it is not that the idea is bad, but that generally it is really hard to find honest working people.

maybe it could start/be tested with stock only from U.S breeders?

In theory it's a great idea, but a cursory glance at the history of wideboys and thieves who have worked for Gypsy doesn't allow me the luxury of much confidence. even in legal places, everything linked to the Cannabis trade is a grey are.. Grey areas tend to attract murky individuals.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Provided they are for novelty or collectible purposes, or as food for people/animal, and of course fishing bait. If a headshop sells someone a pack of super skunk and a copy of Mel Thomas's European Cannabis Cultivation, they can get done for conspiracy. That's why growshops don't have fridges full of seeds under the counter, or copies of soft secrets on the counter and display cases full of grow books anymore.

Ahh, the growshop/headshop fridge...I remember when they were full of shrooms.

I used to buy 10kg hemp seed for fishing then boil it up for use. It doesnt smell like weed but smells quite nice. Fish love it!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I used to buy 10kg hemp seed for fishing then boil it up for use. It doesnt smell like weed but smells quite nice. Fish love it!

I used to fire balls of groundbait, some boiled and some unboiled Hempseed into the canal, sometimes my aim was a bit squiffy, reult being we had Hemp growing all along the canal bank on the other side.

The water baliffs who run the fishing pegs had to spend a day pulling them all up.

LEF

Veteran
that picture of colorado is beautiful

i'm not surprised such a beautiful place legalized herb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts