What's new

I Bought an Ounce in Michigan for $39!

Brother Nature

Recall getting $60 Oz's of 'mex' in the early 2000's, mostly out of the back door of a certain med dispensary (Rural Northern California). Sometimes that shit was more fire than what you could get for $300, other times it was shit, was always seeded though. Say what you want about mass produced weed, but at least now in the legal states that cheap shit is still in house and not supporting a cartel. We made good money off those $60 ounces, just took a little imagination and hustle...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I used to sell ounces/lids for $12 and I was doubling my money. LOL Cheapest decent weed I ever bought was $70 for a pound. Basic Mex.

I used to sell at concerts all the time. $15 for a lid and I included a pack of papers in every bag. People used to freak out. They would buy the dope and then, always ask, "Hey man, you got any papers?" I would smile back and say..... "There's a pack of Zig-Zag wheat straw in the bag". I was the coolest dope dealer. LOL I miss those days.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
The worst dispensary weed I ever smoked was in Denver. Everything I bought out there had a chemical taste and gave me a really dry cough. So at least Michigan is still better than THAT.

Honestly, there have always been weed snobs (er, sorry- weed connoisseurs) on ICMAG, so these people saying all the weed in Michigan dispensaries is shit- take it with a BIG grain of salt, because I don't think there's ANY weed that would make them happy.

awwc

Without pictures it's hard to judge, I mean heck even with pictures lol. I can give you some pristine looking CBD bud I got for like 1 buck a gram lol (Not saying this is but to put it into perspective.)

For me it's really the % of Terpenes and quality of said terpenes that matters , Thc plays a role too but is far less important unless it's 7% THC vs 25% thc yeah the 25% will always be better than the 7% thc bud but now then it's 17% vs 30%, the 17% may be better in terms of terpenes.

I think weighing cannabis and calculating price w.r.t. is very old and not a good method at all IMO price should be based on terpene % quality of those, THC and other compounds, because not for that, you might as well be smoking dried grass, which is well, free :)

awwc

I mean this
1676557365545.png

Or this
1676557397972.png

or something like this
1676557414662.png

You couldn't pay me to smoke. Ngl at all. (Maybe maybe in hash form but then the price gains would be much less because you need a lot of trichomes to get good yield so bud weight again, doesn't say a whole lot.)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I don't know. Some of y'all must be smoking straight out of God's own stash box. Lume is where I got my $39 oz, and a previous poster claims all they sell is shit. So I don't know, I started smoking in 1973, so I think I know good weed from bad weed. Many of my friends have smoked weed from different Michigan dispos in the last couple years. None of them ever said, "This weed is shit."

I'm sure there's some homegrown that's better than what you can get commercially, sometimes even my own. And I don't like them tumbling the kief off my weed either. But to just act like all the weed in all the dispos is just pure crap, well it says more about you than the weed, I think. Sour grapes maybe?
Tumble trimming is worse than no trim at all IMO.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Hopefully not loaded with pesticides or eagle 20 fungicide which turns to hydrogen cyanide. It is safe on food but converts when heated. I have tons in freezer I wish I could get that much for all of it.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I read somewhere that hemp and cbd weed were 2 different things? Just curious. Im no fan of cbd weed myself
Think anything below .5% is considered hemp. As far as I know they are synonymous unless some CBD weed has more than .5%.

awwc

How about these photos from the Lume site. Not that different than what's sitting in front of me now.

View attachment 18811089 View attachment 18811090
Total boof to me bro, I would not smoke that if you paid me, only in hash form like I said. If and when I smoke flowers it has to be like this:

1676562060665.png

1676562072512.png

1676562109944.png

Organically grown of course.

No wonder you are paying these super low prices. I can plant these yielders and get the same price. Not to discard them, I am sure they would make for okay hash plants.

awwc

Barely any crystals on that photo you shown me man, like I said I don't care about total weight only the weight of what matters, the trichomes.

Might be the hashishin in me.

awwc

Tumble trimming is worse than no trim at all IMO.
Also this, they collect all the good stuff that falls off the herb that actually gets you high, aka the trichomes, make hash from it, sell that as the good product and sell the waste product as ''bud'' in these cheap packages.

I wonder if OP has grown any loud weed himself, I am sure that he would dislike this weed.