What's new

I am friggin' at a loss here

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Alright I did it!

It took me about 5 hours to remove everything; cut the panda film too size and attach it to the tent frame. I really like the finished product.

The temp is now lower by about 5 degrees because I left a nice gap between the wall and back left frame pole. I didnt seal it there because I wanted some better air flow and thats exactly what happened. So that makes me a little happy.

I now hope my problem turns it itself around. Its been so long since I seen a nice nug on a plant like I had running a little 600w hps. Ah those were the days! Wish me luck icmag!

Pics are kinda blurry, I used the camera on my phone. The second pic you can see the back left side is not sealed off, thats my large passive vent. A little light comes through but it is not an issue.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Well I am glad to report that my plants are doing much better. My problem seems to have left the scene! My plants are still deformed looking because that yellowness is not going to go away but it is not reappearing. The plants are drinking nutrients again, having to feed every two days. Its been a week since the transition and the immature buds have doubled in size and weight.

My tent was a silver/mylar lined tent and it was killing my plants. It is not just the white PVC lined tents, it can be anyone kind of tent. It all depends on what the MFG uses to bind the different materials together that make up the tent walls.

Either way, I lost 6 months of time trying to trace a problem I thought I was causing when in the long run it was my equipment. Im pretty bummed about that but you live and you learn.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have an Ozone generator running for 2 mins every hour and I am now narrowing it down to it. I was using a reservoir to hold my nutes and I switched it out because I thought the plastic was leaching.

Does anyone now what Ozone poisoning looks like? My leafs develop a yellow necrosis and become brittle and dye, bud formation stops. Its looks like a cal/mag def but it is impossible because I supplement cal/mag. It could even resemble a K def but it to is impossible also.

You CANNOT put ozone directly on plants. Your plants are going to lose all of their smell because ozone kills the smell. It also kills plants especially in direct contact situations.

Keep your ozone generator in another room or isolated from growing plants. Ozone causes chlorotic spots on leaves.The mottled spot that appear at first to be an MG deficiency increase in size and turn dark in the process. Leaves will wither and drop the ground.

Advice: Research equipment before adding it.

OZONE IS FOR AIR LEAVING THE GROW. Not for air entering....

Bennyweed1

Veteran
You CANNOT put ozone directly on plants. Your plants are going to lose all of their smell because ozone kills the smell. It also kills plants especially in direct contact situations.

Keep your ozone generator in another room or isolated from growing plants. Ozone causes chlorotic spots on leaves.The mottled spot that appear at first to be an MG deficiency increase in size and turn dark in the process. Leaves will wither and drop the ground.

Advice: Research equipment before adding it.

OZONE IS FOR AIR LEAVING THE GROW. Not for air entering....

Dude I have posted like 5 times that the ozone was separated from my plants. Its nowhere the bloom tent and for sure not in any sort of direct contact what so ever. Im not that stupid, I dont know if I should feel insulted? Hahaha just kidding bro, its all good. Peace man.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I am glad you figured out your problem. The only other time I have seen damage like that is when you don't harden off your indoor plant before it goes into full sun outdoors. It burns the leaves like that. However, you must not have this problem. You did mention an open window and some people think it is a good idea to put the plants under direct light every once in a while. Just thought maybe if your problems comes back (knock on wood) then maybe consider this. Peace.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Ya let me tell you, I am shocked how well the plants look now that I have removed the original tent shell. Funny thing is the organic plants I added to the bloom tent are in the exact same organic recipe I used 6 months ago. Sadly, I associated the yellowing/dieing problem with the organic recipe; I switched to coco because I didnt know what else to do. I thought I just lost my touch or something.

The the problem still didnt go away so I slowly changed different things, searching for an explanation. Over the course of this disaster I have swapped soils 3 times, general hydro to advanced nutrients, added automated watering, switched from tap water to ro/di, changed out water reservoir twice....and a whole lot of little misc. stuff.

This has been the worse thing to ever happen to me in the garden. It has eaten 7 months of my time and efforts and cost a lot of money.

I surely hope it is gone, and by removal of the tent, eliminated the problem.

Im going to wait it out until the end of week 4 which starts this Friday. Its so hard to think back when this problem first showed its symptoms because I have different strains which are effected at different rates. I know for sure though it was before the end of week 4.

Ill take some pictures tomorrow, you will see how green and lush these organic plants look next to the plants death struck by that toxic gas.