What's new

I am a real life Rip Van Winkle

Photorikki

Christ Almighty-
Just back from seeing a lawyer for the welfare program.
I'm on welfare since unemployment stopped
I get $422 a month from welfare in return for doing all these weird things.
My rent is over $400 so I am getting cut off of welfare at the same time I'm getting evicted!!!!
What the hell?!?

You cannot live anywhere that costs over $400.
But I can't find any place to live for $400-so they are cutting me off!
so: no apt and no welfare system.
This is the most confusing fucking disgusting time I've ever had the pleasure to pass in america.
Losing the roof over my head over a $1,300 debt is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
The fact that you mainly have to be homeless to get welfare is mind boggling!

Photorikki

you know-
The worst thing about becoming homeless now is that I finished rehab right at the time I got laid off 4 years ago in Feb. '08.
I was so proud I got clean and I was really excited & expected to quickly build up all that I had lost financially.
Then I'd be able to go on and build a new life after that.

Instead-I got clean-lost my job-the economy collapsed-I got trapped-and now homeless.
It's not supposed to happen that way!

Photorikki

Spent some time in Asia... wish I could move there and enjoy my medical hobby...

If you are a native speaker of English (or other languages that they might need) you can always get TEFL Certification and teach in a language school.
If I had that certification I probably would have gone back there by now.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
How hard is it to get that certification? What kind of living can you make teaching engrish?

Photorikki

How hard is it to get that certification? What kind of living can you make teaching engrish?

I just looked up jobs on idealist.org and found that you could get paid about 30,000 Baht (@$1,000 USD) a month at a school in the North East of Thailand.
That's great pay since living locally will be super cheap.

Latest posts

Latest posts