What's new

Hyenas as pets

imagine some idiot breaking into your house with the intent to steal your grow and they run into your pet hyena!
http://boingboing.net/2004/03/27/hyenas_and_baboons_f.html

now that is some crazy shit!i dont think there is a pitbull or mastiff out there that could touch a full grown spotted hyena.the baboon is another story all together.
id love to have one,i wonder if they would eat pedigree chicken flavored chunks?

Paranoid-Watcha

why not a lion or a tiger? don't be a girlie man :D jus kidding but it sounds a little dangerouse :( i think i'd rather have a husky alaskan wolf or any typ of BIG wolf.

i bet a wolf would tear :eek: up a hiena... besides i'd get tired of hearin the guy gigglin all the time :biglaugh:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
When ~I was on the road(I know I know, another...when i was on the roas story, lol)
a friend of ine caz, she had a dog called psycho, he was 1/2 timber wolf, lol, and he was evil, but i think they made him like that. Any1 who calls a dog psycho, wants it to be vicious.
He was though, him and another m8s dog, muppet which was a pit/lab/weimeraner cross, have about 10 warrants for their destruction between them, lol. When we were at manchester airport protesting he new runway plans a few yrs back, Muppet(the pit cross) badly bit a piloiceman( he always went nuts at those luminous yellow jackets) anyway, this copper need 146 stitches in his arm, anfd 73 on his torso, he had been defending us though as they came heavy handed with the batons, so muppet went for it. We had to sneak him out of the placre when it was all over, we got him really stoned and had to hide him in the storage area under the bus, as the pigs and security guards were looking out for "krusties, with a big silver pitbull/lion cross (thats what the guy who muppet attacked called him, lol) he was under there wrapped in blankets, and we didnt dare stop and let him in the bus proper until we were like 30 miles away coz that dog was like our dad. lolo, he was, no fucker would ever give us any grief, and he was so soft if he knew u, but, he didnt like other dogs either. Anyway, we made it and last I knew he was down south somewhere. Great dog. My other dog brindle, who i gave away when i moved home a few years ago last time, she was great too, she was a pit/lab/rotty, lol, and was soft as a senior citizens turd. Unless u moved a bit in my direction, ie passing a joint or bottl;e of cider, she would jump inbetween us and growl.
another friend of mine, has a great dane who desnt like ppl standing up, talking in the living room. He will come up to u, grab ur wrist in his mouth( gently, but firmly) and drag u to the chair n sit u the fuck down, lol. just ppl made him nervous upright i guess, lol. On the road, traveller sites, and on the streets, I met some fantastic dogs, belonging to friends.

Back to hyenas, I have woken up next to a few :laughing:

Dr. D

Veteran
hyenas cool...check out my avatar anyone breakin into my house gets attacked by my rabid huskie, well not really shed prolly hide under the table lol shes a real softie, but shes looks mean in my avatar pic lol...peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Ye, Iveen that liger on a couple of dovumentries. One was about a chimop vcalled oliver hich people thougt was a human/chimp hybrid. They used the example of of the liger( a lion crossed with a tiger) to show that it is theoretically possible, although like a mule( the opffspring off a horse and a donkey mating) are normally sterile. The liger is also sterile, sort of mama nature's failsafe i spose to stop interbreeding.
In fact FJ, I believe the pic u posted, is the same one that was on the chimp documantary, as the peple look a lot like those on the show.

G

Damn, that LIGER is huge. I've never seen one before... you could saddle up and ride that beast. Be great for protecting a big outdoor crop :biglaugh: Thanks for the pic FJ!

G

Hey all meet my dog , his name is DaKillah , he is a Mastiff , 7 months ..

this guy is dangerous for any human , his mother was crazy .. lol
the other day i stared him in the eyes , & he went nuts .. with his drool hanging from his mouth ..he almost gave me a heart attack ..

it took me a friggin hour just to take that pic , he's so tripped up ..

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
awww, man...Mastiff's r my FAVORITE breed!!! esp. Bull Mastiff's...(he looks like a bull mastiff...but i've nvr seen a wht mastiff!! he's beautiful!!!! can't wait to see him in a few mths/nxt year...he'll be HUGE!!!

i gotta post pix of my pups...1 of 'em, looks a bit like a hiena..we always tease her!! gotta get a pic from the right angle!! :wink: lol!!

Hope this finds u all, doin' & feelin' well!!! :smoke:
Have a beautiful day, my friends!!!! :wave:

Take care, stay safe & be peaceful~
~natty gurrl

Dr. D

Veteran
Fuck man...that mastiff looks like the Devils dog!! be care ful with that one :biglaugh: ...peace

G

thanx all .. yeah the more excited or mad he gets the more red his face & eyes get .. in the pic he's just warming up lol :biglaugh:

liger....lol just watched napolean dynamite.lol that is one big cat though.i still think those hyenas on the leashes in the pic are fucked up.and there is no way a wolf could take a hyena.....mabey that liger but not a wolf.just a big shepard!

G

I thought ligers were breed for there skills and magic? lol... :biglaugh:

take care
greenfriend

pitbulls are for guys who like to give off the tough guy image and have the ability to say things like......my dog can kill your dog......or my pit is 100lbs and can woop any of u.i hear it all the time from a guy at work when i talk about my dogs(2 boxers)and he is also a pit bull fan.some pits might be nice but most people buy them for the image they give you, or they see all the gangsters on mtv and figure that is what they have to have in order to be like the shitbags on tv that every body seems to be emulating nowadays.

no offense but its the truth.you dont go out and buy a pitbull so your kids have a playmate.there are reasons people buy different breeds.i have a english setter that i use for bird hunting.hes a good dog but i would never buy one unless i hunted it.now the boxer i have had all my life.good dogs ,smart ,good with kids, and my other pets.you never hear about the boxers who killed the kid who tried to move its food dish or whatever.its always rotties and pitbulls.not the golden retriever or the sheep odg or the lab.i dont care what people say...i love dogs but some breeds are for people who really know dogs and there behavior and pits are one breed that fits that bill.

Latest posts

Latest posts