What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydroponic needs your help

MachWas

What pot size should be for 3-6 plants in a 1.50x1.50 tent and how big the nutrient tank should be? I have 90 liters in mind but I think that is too big for 3-6 plants in 7-11 liter pots or am I wrong incorrect ?

It will be a hydroponic NFT and drip system hybrid where I also need help with how to set the timer for when, how often and for how long the plants should receive water. Can somebody give me advise?

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

Ca++

90L should do it. You usually put about 60L in one, to leave some clearance at the top. This extra space catches the splashing from bubbles breaking in the surface, and can house filters and such. Things that may leak. Especially if you have to open them.

Water use might peak in the 20L per day region, though 15L seems more likely, if you stuff the area. This gives you a few days between fill-ups.

This level of water use is possible from your 6 pots of 10L each, if you water a couple of times a day. I expect you might be building a system that waters a lot more often than that. It will need at least 2 though. Once in it's stride.

Last edited:

MachWas

Thank you
Yes, I will build a system, but I don't know yet how often I should water the plants. The next construction site is coming. I think it will be a recirculating drip system

Ca++

The water holding capacity of the medium, is one of the biggest influences over fertigation frequency. Which could be as regular as constant.

Latest posts

Latest posts