What's new

Hydrofarm Habitat Tents - A Warning

Gemini

Hey all, Just for your knowledge. I have just received my 2nd HydroHut Mini covering and still the same problem. New growth yellows on healthy plants within 1 day. It almost looked fluorescent.
This is the one that they sent in exchange for a bad one. LOL

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
homebox tents are excellen there are no issues with them and are just as goos as jarden. the zippers are the same out better. I have a 4x4x7 XL and have 13 plants going no problems ther going good and Iwil have some good dank here in a few weeks very good product.

atleast hydrofarm is admitting a problem now. when i emailed them they denied it and sid they pulled them then re released them after testing and finding no problems and bla bla bla and put a nice little legail notice at the bottom telling me not to quote the email word for word or share it with anyone or i could face legal reprocussions

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
is it possible budbox is made or went through a run of bad tents? i have budboxes and it seemed to kill all my plants after 5 successful grows. i lost so much genetics that it will take a while to get sour bubble bx3, DSD, Chem d, and querkle again. i will go on, i just want to narrow it down to the tents or something else. any horror stories on the bud boxes ?

eyes

Veteran
the hydrohuts use pvc or poly vinyl chloride which in turn creates toxic off gassing from light exposure.the home box uses pe which is different all together.

eyes

Veteran
stay tuned for the newly redesigned hydrohuts which i think will be a copy of the secret jardins.i beleive they said in the fall they would be released.

htg has a nice tent not too expensive, and they claim not to give off any harmful gasses that can be bad for plants, im about to pick up a couple of these, ill keep an update on them

P

Playboy

This grow tent fiasco is unbelievable. I've been trying to grow in the Hydro Hut Deluxe for a year now and never in my wildest dreams would have imagined it was the tent. I did so much grow related reasurch, so many failed gardens, I couldn't figure out why something so fun and easy was suddenly so immpossible.

I took the tent down and got it out of my home. I called the retail company in LA about it and they played dumb about it untill the very end. They'd put me on hold for long periods of time while they transfered me over and over from one person to the other and even dissconnected my call at one point. Twice they said they'd get back to me by a certain time and did not. I had to call them up and be placed on hold again and again. In total I was on hold for about an hour and a half with BGHydro. I always thought they were a good company until this problem. It certainly appeared they were not intrested in helping me. I even spoke to the manager and she said she had to fill out paper work that could take weeks to get resolved and she was not sympathetic to my delema. She offered to sell me a different tent in the mean time! She offered the phone number for Hydro Hut but gave me the number of another retailer instead. That retailer told me it should be no problem getting credit for the tent as Hydro Hut is accepting returns on defective tents indeffinatly and that BGHydro was jerking me around. Apparently all I have to do is ship the tent back and store credit is automatically given back.

Why is their so much bullshit involved with gardening?

CaStoner

smokadepep said:
htg has a nice tent not too expensive, and they claim not to give off any harmful gasses that can be bad for plants, im about to pick up a couple of these, ill keep an update on them

I bought one also about a year ago, man it stunk bad when 1st put up I could hardly breath. I just finished setting it up and just took my time which was a couple weeks, but by that time all the odor/off-gassing was gone. I'm just wondering if you needed to let it dissipate before using? So far I don't see any I'll affect, still early though.

Just wanted to see if you had any problems to report?

Igignokt

phuck. just paid for one of these last night
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180310635839
doesnt list brand name. has foily interior not straight white, mentions PVC plastic as lining. listing through same seller, same looking tent said non-toxic and safe for plants. Could be an all-out lie...didn't see any negative EBAY comments about the tents killing plants, so I'll hope for the best and also wait to comment until I see if plants die

can you save the plants if you're watchful, or does the gas immediately kill them. it would be in a basement so not too hot even though a 1000watt light is used..what causes the gas, light or temp, both?

or I coulda paid like 80-90 more for more legit... :badday:

RottenDawg

Igignokt said:
phuck. just paid for one of these last night
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180310635839
doesnt list brand name. has foily interior not straight white, mentions PVC plastic as lining. listing through same seller, same looking tent said non-toxic and safe for plants. Could be an all-out lie...didn't see any negative EBAY comments about the tents killing plants, so I'll hope for the best and also wait to comment until I see if plants die

can you save the plants if you're watchful, or does the gas immediately kill them. it would be in a basement so not too hot even though a 1000watt light is used..what causes the gas, light or temp, both?

or I coulda paid like 80-90 more for more legit... :badday:

Bro, I use a HydroHut Mini and a Habitat 2x4 from Hydrofarm. NO problem with either and the results I get are FANFUCKENTASTIC! Good luck friend but I wouldn't worry. All those problems were a while ago and hopefully the new tents will be problem free as mine are. Peace...........RD

the homebox does not have week corners right now my home box is supporting a can 33 that 26 lb's and the 6 inch can fan my cool tube hung and I figure out a way to hang it with the roof support's so the light can touch the ceiling and I put the can fan on the bar that support the filter and it I just wedge it in between the 2 roof supports using the mounting bracket that comes with it then zip tide it to save the room I needed for the light

Last edited:

420ben420

Tent

Tent

I ordered this one on ebay.com "Product Code: GYO1002" it was difficult to assemble because a reterd made up the directions. There were 8 sections of pole labeled "B", four of them were 6" longer than the other four. It took me a while to figure this out and I accidentally ripped the tent because when I assembled the poles they were 6" too long. It has a strong plastic smell. On the first day I put the plants in the tent four out of six showed signs of over fertilization. The leaves curled upward at the tips, eventually the edges of all leaves died and it spread to the whole leaf. Does this sound like PVC toxicity?
bong7bp.gif
bong7bp.gif
bong7bp.gif
bong7bp.gif
Seller "gyosupplies" does not accept returns.

Latest posts

Latest posts