What's new

hydro vs soil, mendo purps x grape ape

hey bickey looks awsome the only issue i have with my hydro is the plants veg so fast so i run out of room early in the grow my grow now, i vegged for two weeks now in at week 5 total and im out of room its the only issue i have with dro and its a good issue to have

hey bickey looks awsome the only issue i have with my hydro is the plants veg so fast so i run out of room early in the grow my grow now, i vegged for two weeks now in at week 5 total and im out of room its the only issue i have with dro and its a good issue to have

cut your veg time in half straw

thats why only 2 weeks dreamz i thought that was short. my next grow will be perpetual or see of green what ever you want to call it my moms will be in dirt then clones go to hydro and straight to flower i am excited to learn this method nuggs every 2 months looking for keeper momma right now!

bickeyb

nice ......another thing u dont have to pay for soil over and over and find places for it when ur done with it in hydro ...just run the faucet and let the water sit 24hrs and fire up the hydro system ur set to go and pour it in the toilet when ur done ...vs soil u have to lug in and out also soil means bugs and pest vs hydro its not as common

hey dreamz thanks for the comment! i hate luggin soilin and out its a pain! ill keep my moms in soil, another thing i found is i think hydro is alot easier, something goes wrong with nutes or a deficiency i can fix it and see a dif within a couple hours! i love it

i was thinking if i veg for a week i could pull at least 2 zips a plant! the mendo purps is a real low yielder but im running some somango and sugar loaf in veg right now and ill pick 2 moms out of those.. the sugar loaf is supposed to be a good yielder and the somango is a decent one.
i could go longer i have about 8 feet of height to work with
how much do u yield a plant with a 2 week veg?

T

tokinafaty420

To answer your question about which one you think will be better in the end.. this is my opinion on the matter from my own experiences.

The buds overall potency, taste, and smoke quality will practically be the same. The only difference I found was you will end up with more weight with the hydro. Roots = buds. The fact you are growing in water means there is practically no restriction on root growth and the plant doesn't need to push soil or other debry out of its way. If you can keep the water quality to a high standard you are golden.

T

tokinafaty420

thats why only 2 weeks dreamz i thought that was short. my next grow will be perpetual or see of green what ever you want to call it my moms will be in dirt then clones go to hydro and straight to flower i am excited to learn this method nuggs every 2 months looking for keeper momma right now!

That is all I ever give plants in my buckets. 2 weeks, they are about 1 foot tall by the end of it and about 4ft tall around the 2nd week of 12/12.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
I hope you dont mind but I just wanted to show something that atleast I think is doing well getting its food source using nothing that isnt organic.And I think this might be flowering slower than what you have there.

CLS Cali Point Arena 31 days in Flower.

i give my clones 2 wks veg after they root and goto straight flower with indy doms and sats i go straight flower soon as they root .....i suck in soil cuz ive been doin hydro all my life since i was 18 plus i dont like the pest and carrying soil in and out of the house never know whos watching u when u come in and out with tons of soil i just had hermies appear for vegging a extra wk and the plants are now in the lamps reflector growing next to the bulbs chop chop time now i only had a week left to go i guess u live and learn no ones fault but my own ....anyways hope all is well sorry for the hijack

bickeyb

i give my clones 2 wks veg after they root and goto straight flower with indy doms and sats i go straight flower soon as they root .....i suck in soil cuz ive been doin hydro all my life since i was 18 plus i dont like the pest and carrying soil in and out of the house never know whos watching u when u come in and out with tons of soil i just had hermies appear for vegging a extra wk and the plants are now in the lamps reflector growing next to the bulbs chop chop time now i only had a week left to go i guess u live and learn no ones fault but my own ....anyways hope all is well sorry for the hijack

how much are you yielding a plant with what strain? this is my last run with the mendo purps grape ape.. one of my fav smokes ever just the yield sucks

your soil plants look danker in all but the most recent pics, id say the soil weed since its getting more nutes but less efficiently will be better, stronger longer stone, taste is in the genes. what i mean buy more nutes in dirt is that theres no way a bottle of refined chems has ALL the things that dirt has in it, all hydro weed seems to have less duration of a high then soil grown ime, i prefer chemganic, grow in dirt, add salts when u need to, very easy, nice to see the comparison grow , i look forward to seeing what your experience tells you, best of luck bickey

SuperConductor

Veteran
The power of suggestion is, well, powerful. Just look at the replies, noone's tried the buds but already they know the soil buds will be better. I'm hoping you're going to do a blind test on some suitable guinnea pigs when these are done, I'd put money on them being split 50/50 or in other words noone will be able to tell the difference. I always get people telling me how much they love proper organic weed after smoking my hydro buds. I just agree with them. Loving the side by side mate.

bickeyb

The power of suggestion is, well, powerful. Just look at the replies, noone's tried the buds but already they know the soil buds will be better. I'm hoping you're going to do a blind test on some suitable guinnea pigs when these are done, I'd put money on them being split 50/50 or in other words noone will be able to tell the difference. I always get people telling me how much they love proper organic weed after smoking my hydro buds. I just agree with them. Loving the side by side mate.

mr greenatik will be my blind candidate, i wont tell him whats what, and ill have him give a report of the smoke
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=145462

coben

thanks for doing this I have some Grape ape in coco chunks hope to get the best of both worlds, gonna veg for a long time though.

bickeyb

thanks for doing this I have some Grape ape in coco chunks hope to get the best of both worlds, gonna veg for a long time though.

thanks for the comment coben :tiphat:.. i havent seen a side by side like what i am doing before
ive grown in coco a couple of time and really liked it. you kinda haven to treat it like hydro

bickeyb

heres a update for everyone at 52 days!!!
the hydro has a little more deeper purple to it witch really surprised me. also the hydro buds look done .. but after checking the trichs just a couple more days left.. probably harvest on friday or thursday
i would have to say the hydro looks better, but the soil looks really good to!!

HYDRO!!
hydro1-2.jpg

hydro2-2.jpg

hydro3-2.jpg

hydro5.jpg

hydro4-1.jpg

bickeyb

i might have to change my mind after looking at the pics... :chin: ... either way they both look really good.. btw they had the same amount of lighting, temps, humidity, same nutes, same bugs, same everything! and it looks like the hydro is going to double the yield.. if not triple