What's new

Hydro Shop Nutes vs The Big Names??

Homebrewer

Veteran
first off, i'm terribly skeptical of any 1-part nutrient. how the hell are you going tweak it to get higher relative N in veg and higher PK in flower if there's only one way to run it?

Unless you're a hydro guy, there isn't a lot of tweaking needed for hand-watered container gardening. Your plants need a lot less P and a lot more N than a lot of these 'hydro store' brands supply in their 'bloom' formulas essentially making them useless. A well balanced, complete one part can work exceptionally well from seed to harvest if used correctly.

Well from my exp with An ph perfect line $800 or so bucks and maxibloom $15 used as the Lucas formula or the reg gh mirco and bloom $25.You really dont get what you pay for. Not from what i have seen so far. You should check out the Lucas formula.

Well from my exp with An ph perfect line $800 or so bucks and maxibloom $15 used as the Lucas formula or the reg gh mirco and bloom $25.You really dont get what you pay for. Not from what i have seen so far. You should check out the Lucas formula.

I agree with you, I spent $300 on the hobbyist pack, Sensi and the grow isn't finished yet and I've got a decent yield so far but I did a veg grow of the clones, tried maxibloom for a couple weeks, didn't like how hard it was to dissolve and then I switched to Jacks and the growth exploded and the plants were twice as big after half the time and looked healthier while feeding a 600ppm mix... Maxibloom was around 1400ppm at 7grams per gallon... Both are low cost but I'm sticking with jacks...

O

OneTokeOver

I went from Full Canna Line to Hesi to Maxibloom to Jacks.

Jacks at 1 ec with dripclean FTW!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
tried maxibloom for a couple weeks, didn't like how hard it was to dissolve and then I switched to Jacks and the growth exploded and the plants were twice as big after half the time and looked healthier while feeding a 600ppm mix... Maxibloom was around 1400ppm at 7grams per gallon... Both are low cost but I'm sticking with jacks...
Never found a plant that liked even 1200ppm of MB... interesting.

Dissolving is easy if you pre-mix at room temp in a large enough volume of water. (No hot water and no super concentrated solutions to pour into a res of water)

Basically dump, stir and come back in an hour. I understand how that can be too much time for some operations though. You're saying the Jacks dissolves instantly?

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Never found a plant that liked even 1200ppm of MB... interesting.

Dissolving is easy if you pre-mix at room temp in a large enough volume of water. (No hot water and no super concentrated solutions to pour into a res of water)

Basically dump, stir and come back in an hour. I understand how that can be too much time for some operations though. You're saying the Jacks dissolves instantly?

Yeah, Jacks is a 2 part that dissolves extremely quickly and completely, absolutely no residue...

dan_1

Powder foods only. I dont pay for water. 4 rooms of 24 site 13 gallon undercurrent, savings anywhere are merited.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Yeah, Jacks is a 2 part that dissolves extremely quickly and completely, absolutely no residue...
Ahh... it's a 2 part. That explains it.

Maxibloom is (as you know) a one part... the calcium takes a bit longer to dissolve is all. (Noticed a lot of people trying hot water, super concentrated mixes and a lot of other stuff... none of it is necessary. heh)

No worries. :)

Yes, I mix jacks 5-12-26 in at 360ppm then add cal-nit for a total of 600ppm and feed that all the way through veg and flower, no boosters, additives or ph adjustment... So, it's similar to K.I.S.S. but the formula comes out a little different than lucas...

Latest posts

Latest posts