Veteran
Day 3 of 12/12:

rSiZelM.jpg

dmG235e.jpg

Sj0GjsL.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Hey thanks, guys. Yes, I think she will explode with pistils any day now. I'll take more pictures tonight, if I get the chance.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I am having trouble keeping the branches pinned down and level with each other. I'm going to have to resort to hanging weights from some of them. Other than that, everything is good. This plant is just stubborn, and her branches are strong, so they are pushing the LST stakes out of the substrate. It's day 14. Here are a few pics:

1Q1yuap.jpg

DUL4Qha.jpg

2BUFraF.jpg

Last edited:
How many hours do you spend training the plants to be the same height? You do a really good job and create a level canopy... I'm jealous.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks for saying that, because I was actually fairly depressed this time around about NOT being able to keep the canopy as level as I normally do. Hence my comment on my last update, about the strong branches. :) But in all honesty, I do try to spend a good 20 to 30 minutes on each "session" of pinning branches down. It used to take a whole lot longer when I drilled holes in the buckets and tied branches down with twine. This is much quicker, just shoving stakes down into the substrate. But then I do like to spin the plant around, and then I get down on my hands and knees and look at the canopy head-on and adjust as necessary. I do think an even canopy goes a long way toward maximizing yields.

:tiphat:

What are you using for stakes to keep the branches down? Did you buy little stakes or did you make them out of wire?

I have always tied my plants with twine or twist ties and that can be time consuming and an overall pain in the ass trying to get my stupid hands into these bushes.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Wire coat hangers! :D

I don't have a washer or dryer, so I take all my clothes to a wash/dry/fold service. This causes my house to fill up with wire coat hangers after a while, lol. So I try repurposing them whenever I can. Many of them become bowl-pokers, others become hooks for hanging things (including drying branches), and a good portion of them are turned into my LST stakes.

All I do is just bend them into elongated "U" shapes and shove them down into the substrate. Works beautifully!

Wire coat hangers! :D

I don't have a washer or dryer, so I take all my clothes to a wash/dry/fold service. This causes my house to fill up with wire coat hangers after a while, lol. So I try repurposing them whenever I can. Many of them become bowl-pokers, others become hooks for hanging things (including drying branches), and a good portion of them are turned into my LST stakes.

All I do is just bend them into elongated "U" shapes and shove them down into the substrate. Works beautifully!

Aha! That's why you always have wire hangers on hand. I saw an old post of yours in the 1000w thread and searched all of our closets.

I only found 3!

:laughing: :tiphat:

Dr.RedWhite

MaxiBloom, in my experience once it is finally dissolved and run at the reccomended teaspoon per gallon drops your tap water PH around 1.2 to as much as 2 points. I suppose this would vary with what minerals and form of calcium are in yout water though. This is great if your tap is around 7.5. I tend to mix it in a gallon jug, using hot water with enough MaxiBloom to match the number of gallons in my res. I then let it sit overnite before pouring it into the res.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I know it's been a long time since posting, and I apologize, but life got in the way again. Here is the plant at day 54 of flowering:

x2sbPxo.jpg

GeLGItY.jpg

dsAxOVK.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I took some pictures of the plant outside of the tent, to show the colors better. I know the pictures are crappy, but look at them anyway.

TpTtCGj.jpg

39zEH9O.jpg

QTSnNQI.jpg

hhqy7U6.jpg

7oGACdq.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here are a couple with flash:

GntEsJO.jpg

TWpl7Fb.jpg

I find the aroma to be very spicy, like peppery. A bit of the skunk smell in there too. Very nice!

Harvest a week from today.

Latest posts

Latest posts