What's new

hush's Peak Seeds grow out - 1000w - 4x4

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
And last but not least, the darkest of the Sweet Skunks... The leaves are so dark purple that they almost look black:

pDXW3vW.jpg

LKsSgtT.jpg

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dam hush - your girls are GORGEOUS!!!

some one sure is making them happy :D

:canabis:

you looking ot chop real soon?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
dam hush - your girls are GORGEOUS!!!

some one sure is making them happy :D

:canabis:

you looking ot chop real soon?

Thanks man. :tiphat: Yeah I will probably be bringing down the NS at around day 62-63 if I can help it, but they might want to come down sooner than that. The BBs and some of the SSs look like they might even need to go a bit longer than that! But yeah I'm looking to harvest as soon as possible.

Solid looking plants. Kind of surprised the sweet skunks didn't cause more problems with height.

Me too, but there is definitely a pheno in there that stretched a lot. It's the one in the back left corner. With a longer veg I can see that pheno turning into a 12 foot tall tree. I know the canopy looks relatively even, but that's because most of the plants in this garden are on a stand to raise it higher. The NS in the back right corner is also almost just as tall as that tall SS, so I'm guessing that one must be an SS-leaning pheno. It definitely has more of the "chunky" bud look that the SS plants do, as opposed to the "baseball bat" look that most of the NS have.

Remember, I only vegged for less than 2 weeks.

:)

browntrout

Veteran
I've tried almost all Peaks gear and am growing his indica dom BB's. Glad to see your testing em icon. Let us know your opinions on em? especially the BB.

PS more LMI pics!!

Glad to see your still kickin and strong at that.

BT

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
looking good bro the skunks really swelled nicely and that variegated BB :yoinks: wonder what the smoke'll be like ......:tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks man. Yeah that BB is going to be a long flowerer, I can tell you that. How much longer I don't know. But it is definitely behind the other BBs which are already behind the other 2 strains. It's such a bizarre plant! I have to assume it's a possibility that this phenotype is only expressing these traits because of the environment, so next time I grow it out will be under the LED, to see if, like other variegated plants, it prefers less light.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 58.

I took down the first plant of the garden today! :D

I'm about to run out of indica-dom medicine shortly, so I needed to get some on the drying line fast. I went ahead and harvested the smallest Northern Skunk of the bunch, NS2. It also turns out that this one was one of the first two plants in the garden to show pistils, according to my notes. So not only did it begin flowering the earliest, but it stayed very small in the end. I don't really have room for low-yielders, regardless of how potent they might end up being, so it was an easy decision to go ahead and pull her first. She was ready anyway, although she could have used a few more days, just like the rest of the NS. Anyway, here she is:

0BT4N9a.jpg

xVGfkdA.jpg

5v9bK59.jpg

As you can see she is quite beautiful, and photogenic. So are all of her sisters, too. This is a beautiful hybrid that I would use as an ornamental plant to landscape with if the laws were different. Striking colors with a beautiful striation on the fan leaves... Just gorgeous!

Her structure kind of reminds me of a Cheese plant I grew one time. Interestingly enough, her smell reminds me of that cheese plant too, just, milder. The cheese smelled like rotten fried chicken mixed with burnt rubber. This one just vaguely gives me whiffs of burnt rubber. But overall it's not very stinky at all. Very little smell, actually. Anyway, this one never did stand out to me for any particular reason during any part of this grow, so I'm not going to reveg her or anything like that.

Red Fang

Veteran
my God man, not just BS'ing or "blowing smoke up your ass" when I say... that when I see your pics, damn! What was I trying to say? I don't know, but damn fine pics man! I know you have skills and it seems peak does too! Have to start growing some of my peak seeds!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks, that is mighty kind of you! :tiphat: I think anyone who tries Peak's strains will be pleasantly surprised, based on my experience so far.

Red Fang

Veteran
no need for thanks, credit where credit is due! That shit you show is amazing! And your welcome and you deserve it! ;)

jump /injack

Veteran
Sweet Skunk when to chop

Sweet Skunk when to chop

Thanks, that is mighty kind of you! :tiphat: I think anyone who tries Peak's strains will be pleasantly surprised, based on my experience so far.

I have some going now at 60 days and can't see any color change on the tricomes yet, how about yours? Have you taken a sample yet and tried it out, maybe tonight in a Volcano, just a nug. They seem to be really packing it on still, I'm in no hurry but what do you think on timing? I'll water cure a couple of them, with some lung gone don't need any hacking.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
You are right, I'm not seeing any signs of finishing on any of the Sweet Skunks. Well, I take that back, there is this one which I've mentioned recently which is the darkest purple plant in the garden, almost looks charcoal-colored... That one is ahead of the rest, and I'm seeing pistils receding on that one, but still no color change on the trichomes. I'm going to be patient. I'm not gonna rush things. In fact, I'm quite happy I have the NS finishing first because that will keep me occupied while I let the SS finish up. But I agree, they don't seem to be on the cusp of being finished, like the NS do.

And no, I haven't done a sampler yet, but only because it seems early even for a sample. Although, like I said, there's that dark purple one that I would love to sample, but I'm resisting the urge so that I can let that one finish up more, since there is a high chance I will be keeping that one as a mother plant, based on aesthetics alone.

:wave:

jump /injack

Veteran
I've never done the Peaks Sweet Skunk before so I have no idea how long they take, the way they are packing it on still its to my advantage to let them go as long as possible, this las week it seems they've grown another 10 to 20% [the flowers]. I've FIM'ed them so they aren't a problem with height, really pleased with the airpots which I set in larger receptacles and use like Hempy pots, pour about 2 inches of Jack's ferts in the containers so that I always have lots of nutrient for them, long white roots coming out of the bottom of the airpots. Next time I grow some I'll use your idea of setting them in a large container but instead of using a wet vac just let the girls suck it up. If you had that you could go days without watering. I really like the airpots, I even have one pot with an air stone in the bottom so its like a bubbler.
Do you know anything about this new stuff from Jack's, 20-20-20, you don't have to mix anything it has every thing in the hydroponic formulation, just add water. Unfortunately I have 25 pounds of Jack's 5-12-26 so it will be a while before I try it. I mention this because of your plan of KISS, you really have it pared down to the bare essentials; I like that.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
No I've not heard too much about the Jack's 20-20-20. But I'm still planning on experimenting with the original hydro formula that you have. I hear nothing but great things. I'm just waiting until I'm all out of the Maxibloom before I buy anything else. Regarding the giant tray... I'm not so sure how that would work out using it as a large hempy, because there would probably be a lot of evaporation, concentrating the solution and messing with your parameters. I might be wrong though, so if you do this, keep us posted as to how it works. :)

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well I just checked on the NS2 and it was done drying. So I clipped the buds off the stem and weighed them. The final yield on this one is 20 grams. :D

Pics later.