What's new

hush's micro vert CFL grow

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I just thought about it hush you've got some male culling to do , should be fun to see the seletion process :thinking:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've been smoking on it all last night and all day today, while manicuring. This time around the end result is skunkier than it was under the HPS. It always used to just smell sweet and fruity. Like lemon or orange citrus. This time there is a heavy skunk smelling, acrid burnt rubber smell underlying the sweet. I can only imagine the difference this time is due to the CFL being cooler, and not vaporizing away some of the volatile aromatic compounds? At any rate, it smells and tastes more complex this time, which also leads to a more complex high than it ever had before! There is always a trade off, it seems, and in this case it resulted in the buds being way leafier than ever before. It's so much leaf, it's ridiculous. I'm guessing that comes from the 6500k daylight spectrum? I'll have to try a 3000k bloom bulb next time.

The high comes on fast and strong with this one. It's a one hitter quitter. I frequently find myself setting the bowl down after the first toke, and forgetting about it because I'm so high. Obviously didn't need anymore after that first hit! I can't remember any pot that has been able to get me this high in one toke in the past 10 years or so.

It's very much in the head, but the body feelings are orgasmic and euphoric. Not exactly sativa feeling, just a nice even blend of body and mind. I can sleep after smoking this. But I can also toke on it during the day as long as I don't smoke too much. I have already experienced smoking too much of it in one day, and it makes me take a nap. :D

Pictures later today...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
All jarred up:

WcNIph9.jpg

NRrhDUB.jpg

A small pile of Lemon Skunk:

mpwDZL4.jpg

This bud is a good representative of the harvest:

27XyCMN.jpg

g1pPEcQ.jpg

immortal

Awesome micro grow, Have you mentioned what kind of exhaust fan you are using with the cooltube? Whats the rated cfm? Thanks

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah I think I did somewhere, but I might not have. It's just a 4" inline centrifugal, I think it's 175 cfm but I honestly can't recall at the moment. But it's just the typical 4" inline fan that all brands slap a label on and sell. I think this one is hydrofarm. They're the ones that sell the green one, right? Mine's green.

There's no carbon filter attached to it. It just blows straight out the back of the armoire, and it gets its air from all the negative pressure and passive intakes. It's not directly connected to the cool tube or anything. It is venting the entire armoire, which is half LED garden, half CFL garden.

The cool tube is basically acting as one of several passive intakes for the chamber where the fan is.

immortal

Ok I got it now. I used to have the green 1, thought it was kinda loud but it was the only centrifugal fan Ive ever owned. thanks.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I didn't weigh each plant, but here was my total yield:

No pics yet but total yield is 64 grams. That's 2.25 ounces. I'm okay with that. A better yielding strain would raise that number a bit. This cut of lemon skunk is quite leafy and doesn't yield the best.

:D

Latest posts

Latest posts