What's new

hush's Kush x NL grow show - LED - 2x2 tent

I third that. Hush has been such a help to me along the way. Been following his grows and learning from his methods since I started here. Hope he returns soon....so many more things to learn.....

kittybags

Just finished reading your 400W 2x2 journal and this one over and over. I'm just starting my own 400W 2x4 coco grow after a few CFL DWC grows. Anyways, your girls look great and I hope that you come back. Peace.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
You guys are awesome. I'm so sorry I've disappeared. I wouldn't ever have done that if it wasn't necessary. I just had a feeling I needed to check in today and see if there was any speculation as to my whereabouts. I'm very glad I did. That being said, I haven't caught myself up to all the posts that happened during my absence, so please forgive me for not directly responding to anyone.

I don't have much time, but quickly, I am fine, and the only reason I've been absent is my wife has been suffering serious complications with her bad back, and I've had to take care of her, which has taken up all of my time. This hasn't been resolved yet, either, and surgery is on the horizon.

The good news is my gardens are all fine. I was able to keep taking care of the gardens on top of taking care of my wife, and still making it to work and stuff. So things are good, it's just I have barely any time to myself, and the little bit of time I have is best spent not doing forums and such. I promise I will come back and update all my threads in the very near future, as I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and my wife's surgery is right around the corner.

I can also quickly state that I only just harvested my KxNL about 3 days ago. It's still on the drying line. I haven't sampled any of it yet.

I'll be back soon, I promise.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
You guys are awesome. I'm so sorry I've disappeared. I wouldn't ever have done that if it wasn't necessary. I just had a feeling I needed to check in today and see if there was any speculation as to my whereabouts. I'm very glad I did. That being said, I haven't caught myself up to all the posts that happened during my absence, so please forgive me for not directly responding to anyone.

I don't have much time, but quickly, I am fine, and the only reason I've been absent is my wife has been suffering serious complications with her bad back, and I've had to take care of her, which has taken up all of my time. This hasn't been resolved yet, either, and surgery is on the horizon.

The good news is my gardens are all fine. I was able to keep taking care of the gardens on top of taking care of my wife, and still making it to work and stuff. So things are good, it's just I have barely any time to myself, and the little bit of time I have is best spent not doing forums and such. I promise I will come back and update all my threads in the very near future, as I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and my wife's surgery is right around the corner.

I can also quickly state that I only just harvested my KxNL about 3 days ago. It's still on the drying line. I haven't sampled any of it yet.

Much respect brother, family comes first.

Good to see you are ok hush. Best wishes to your wife. Seems you got your priorities straight! If there's anything we can do to help just shout.

talktosamson

Veteran
Glad you are ok dude, was about to send out the search party. When you have time how about an overall review of the LED. How was the penetration, quality of the buds overall and density?

shaggyballs

Veteran

I feel for ya Hush, my wife has 3 disc's in a row that have bulged, torn and are leaking!
That's a rough road bro, Hope all is as good as it can be for ya!

My wife sought out a kinesiologist and got some relief.
Keep your head high....cause it could be worse, just look around at the world.

Best wishes
shag

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
My wife's surgery was successful, but she is still recovering, and that means I am still way too busy to be hanging out at icmag yet. But I had a moment to pop in and give a brief report. There will be more details to come later, but I thought I'd give a courtesy report for y'all.

First of all, I never weighed the yield, so I can't report on that. But I also haven't even manicured yet, lol. The buds have been curing unmanicured in jars all this time, and as soon as I have time again I will manicure and weigh them. I can say that the garden space was barely utilized to its fullest capacity, so the yield will be low, but I'm guessing I got a good QP out of it all. That means there was potential for 6 to 8 ounces in this tiny (2' x 2') space if I had filled it out better.

I've smoked a sampler, and the high was surprisingly heavy in the head! In addition to the physical indica high, there is quite a psychedelic thing going on in the brain, and it is very pleasant. The aroma is very kushy/skunky, and completely overwhelmed my carbon filter. Be warned, anyone who grows this strain! It tastes the way it smells, which is tasty. The bad news is, I lost the keeper while revegging. There wasn't much I could do as it coincided with my wife's medical issues, so I didn't lose slep over it. But I will definitely be ordering more of these seeds in my next Peak Seeds BC order. This one is definitely a keeper. So between this grow and the other Peak strains I grew, I am SUPER impressed with Kush X NL and Northern Skunk. I'm guessing it's safe to say there is something important about the NL that is used in both of these varieties, so I will probably end up ordering their NL too.

I'll be back in the near future for further updates. :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well I didn't take any pictures of the harvest or anything like that, but here are some pics from just a moment ago, fresh out of the curing jar:

54anGNQ.jpg

rfGktDu.jpg

pz9Zkbz.jpg

I ended up with only about 2.5 ounces of primo nugs, and another ounce or so of popcorn and larf. Pretty crappy yield, but the garden was far from optimized. The yield is a result of my growing style this time around, and not the strain. Actually, this strain appears to be a good yielder, when done right.

The aroma from this strain is WONDERFUL! It makes me so happy to smell these buds. One thing I need to point out is that all 4 of these plants hermied on me. There are LOTS of seeds. So I'm guessing this strain is prone to it. Must be from the BC Kush side. But the end result is so awesome in so many ways that I'll be ordering more seeds, to grow lots of. Now, that being said, I do plan on growing out the F2 (or S1? What do you call plants that were hermies that selfed themselves?) seeds to see what comes of them, but I will be ordering more from Peak, just to have them.

There is another possibility worth mentioning here... It might not be that these plants pollinated themselves with stray male flowers... It might rather be that the pollen from the actual male KNL plants over on the other side of the house made its way into this garden and pollinated these females. The chronology of events coincides with this, but I've never had stray pollen float through the house before now... So I don't know if these are selfed or just pollinated by drifting pollen from the other room...

Anyway, that concludes this journal. Stay tuned for my next grow journals. Peace, y'all.

:tiphat:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I've seen pollen travel a block in a neighborhood onto my mentors plants back in high school. Within a house for sure any fems will be pollenated unless you had filters an such with a neg pressure room. Ya got f2's, nice job hush. Killer lookin nugs too.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I think you're right, based on the sheer number of seeds. Also, I did not have a filter on the male cabinet this time around. Doh! Anyway, I do want to point out though that I spotted male flowers on all 4 of these plants, so they did in fact hermy on me. But I still don't think that is what pollinated these plants because those few male flowers I found were immature. This is like a fully-seeded crop! So yeah, it makes sense that this came from the male cabinet, where there were huge KNL plants that were in full bloom, with pollen everywhere.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
It is possible that the male flowers were because of light leaks, because I did get sloppy about going into the room where this tent is during the dark cycle. I remember I had a few moments where I was rifling through things before I thought "oh shit the plants are still in darkness right now!" I got careless during this grow. That would explain the few male flowers I found... But I still think that in order to have gotten this many seeds they must have been pollinated by the pollen from the actual male plants. So I have KxNL F2 seeds now! That's a nice accident! :D