What's new

hush's 2x2 tent - Super Silver Haze - hempy buckets

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah actually I just measured while watering the plants, and the closest bud is about 6 inches from the glass, but the average is about 10 inches or so.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Funny you should mention that... I just last night caught that first whiff of the spicy haze smell! Right as the lights went out I smelled their last exhale as it came through the exhaust vent, and it made me think my wife was in the middle of smoking a bowl of Silver LA. But she wasn't. So yeah, it's just starting to get that spicy smell! :D

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 38:

l0CgK3R.jpg

5BlvmOZ.jpg

V1Ro0K7.jpg

WWQjYqt.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've got the calcium deficiency under control now. I had a problem with my pH meter, and it caused a little phosphorus lockout, then a little calcium lockout when I tried to fix it. Anyway, the reservoir has been replenished and all the new growth seems fine so far. Calcium is an immobile nutrient, so any deficiencies that ever occur don't go away. My girls will always have blemishes until they shed their leaves. Oh well.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
sugar coated bro those ladies are speeding thru this round ,she seems very happy to be flowered after keeping her so long lol

SourDank

Veteran
Lookin good, they seem to be starting to frost up real nice. Can't wait to see em in another 3 or 4 weeks

The Zientist

Veteran
They are looking very good! I see that you have a fast pheno, congratulations. :biggrin:
Take notice of those rusty spots, as this might progress quickly and have nefastus effects on your plants. It looks like a magnesium or potassium deficiency, either from pH imbalance, and therefore being present but locked, or the nutrient as run out and they're starving and not breathing well, which will impair the yield.

Regards,

TheZ

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah I had pH problems that I only just came out of last week. I think it's fixed, but it's possible that it's not. I have to replace my pH meter, and I keep having shit get in the way that prevents me from going to the hydro shop before or after work during their open hours. Anyway, I've been trying to err on the side of caution, having slightly too high a pH instead of slightly too low, and I think that's what's happening. Those rusty spots I'm pretty sure are a calcium def, because Ca starts getting locked out at anything higher than like 5.9 I believe. But if I were to err on slightly too low of a pH, I would probably have a phosphorus def, which starts locking out around 5.8 ish.

But yes, my eyes are on it, and I inspect daily. Also, there are a few "hot spots" with this reflector setup, and I see a few leaves getting sunburnt. But the rest of the plants are doing just fine so it's all minimal stuff not worth worrying about... at least, yet. So yeah, these plants aren't in perfect health, but I've dealt with worse before. As it stands right now, things are still in the acceptable range, but that can change, and I will cross that bridge when I fall off of it. :D

:tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah, I used to use those exclusively, until I bought the cheap ass $20 pH pen that was dead on all the time, and made the liquid test obsolete. It blew me away that the cheapest of cheap pens was actually precise, and never needed to be calibrated for over 2 years! But all good things come to an end, and that honeymoon is over. I will go buy another one of those cheap ass pens, but this time, I will also get a liquid test kit to keep around for these times.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here is the cheap ass pen I'm talking about. I will proudly buy this pen over and over again if it keeps lasting 2 years at a time. Best $20 I ever spent!

ph600_in_package2.jpg

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I may grab that one (I do get tired of dripping into the vile :biggrin: ) HUSH I GAVE YOU MY 420TH POSTS lol congrats

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Update coming in a minute... I just realized what is causing the majority of my problem in this garden. It is definitely pH related, but it's not because I'm mixing up the wrong pH. It's that I had crap growing in my aquarium filter and that was fucking up the parameters of the water! No more bio filters in my reservoirs. :mad:

If you recall, I am using an aquarium as my res, and a power filter for circulation. Well, long story short, when the power went out a while back, the filter never re-primed itself, and it went without my notice for who knows how long. When I finally saw it and got it going again, I didn't look inside of it, because it's hard to get to, and that's where I fucked up... Laziness! Foreign bacteria began growing on the filter and took hold. I just noticed it today. I can pretty much guarantee that this bacteria has been exhaling lots of co2, lowering the pH way below where I set it at.

I'm done with being creative in the reservoir department. I'm just going back to a trashcan with a powerful recirculating pump.

This is a steaming turd. :mad:

At least, as ugly as some of the crispy leaves are looking, the plants are still in reasonably good health, and the buds are fine, other than possibly stretching too much, but that might just be what this strain does. I'll have to grow it out again in better conditions to know for sure.

But at least my harvest doesn't appear to have been affected much.

M

Mr.23

Stretching should stop any minute now and start packing in the weight! Looking good.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here are the pics. Like I said, the buds look fine. But the whole garden shots show the pH problems I've had. This is day 54:

QwAbctD.jpg

JVhi7Am.jpg

CgNO50a.jpg

ptFeR6P.jpg

Sr4b2FY.jpg

I'm going to probably just start flushing them now. I doubt it's worth trying to fix the problem any further. The plants have to flush. It's already almost into the 9th week of flowering, and I'm guessing they will go another 3 weeks or so.