What's new

Humic/Fulvic Acid

toohighmf

Veteran
If you never used both in excess, you will never witness the goodness of using both...
Heavily...

grapeman

Veteran
hi oli,

humic and fulvic. well you more want to use fulvic as it's the part of humic ( humic is broken into three groups ) and fulvic is the better route to go as it's soluable in all pH , where as humic is not.. I'm not saying humics not useful, but why use humic after this note? I'm all about simplicity and when I use something I want to know it works.. but also on thee other hand I don't use fulvic or humic anymore, not to say I won't get again, I almost picked up the fulvic last week...

grapman showed you a very high quality humic.

but I will show you a fulvic here ( click oregon /cal or other states to enter to find ful-power )

beneficial bacteria is from: EWC, composts, brewing teas, EM-1, the air... sounds like your fine if you do teas

on molasses.. I'm not sure I can say it does much, but I might not know anyhting then.. roots make sugars for the microbes already.. sounds like everyone in the USA wanting hyper, supercharged plants... I know plants have been doing just find since cannabis first was around without people dumping molasses and sugars on them.. that's up for you to decide. also keep in mind molasses has iron, potassium and cal /mag.

here's an article from William texier on fulvic ( main guy at GHE, creator of bisevia... ... )

BioAg is where I buy my fulvic in bulk seasonally. Early spring and late fall applications in the farming operation. I also use a bit of this product in a few of my foliar applications.

Good recommendation habeeb.

NSPB

The humic and fulvic acids are important because they help manage and balance the binding of molecules...cations and anions...the more things you add to the soil, the amount of leonardite needed to balance these charges and effectively "hold"things in place within the soil structure is directly proportional. To say exactly how much is going to vary based upon the covalent bonds being made and broken...this is where leonardite shines like a champ...it helps to stabilize everything, making the entire substrate significantly more effective.

NSPB

toohighmf

Veteran
remember when you could buy 54% fulvic acid granulate for $3.99 an 8oz clear can? those were the days..

oli

You guys might call me crazy, but I went ahead and bought a small bottle of Liquid Karma because it seems to contain humic and fulvic acid, as well as a lot of other useful ingredients. Between azomite, beneficials, flora blend and liquid karma, I'm hoping I have enough bio-catalysts for some healthy root growth.

I plan on feeding, EWC+fish/kelp+molasses tea, and top dressing with blood, bone, and guano as needed.. sound ok? I also have hydroplex sitting around.. smells weird, anyone use it?

My only struggle thus far is: I germinate in rapid rooters, but I am wondering if I am wasting money there too. They are very consistent, but would it not be better to just sow into cups with bacteria inoculated soil? Especially if all of your [old] beans are germinating at varying paces. Anyone use willow tree tea with success?

Thanks for all the support guys.. I'll take some pics if/when things start to get interesting.

PS- Sorry if I got off topic, I should have titled this thread "How to stimulate healthy root growth" because that is my main goal here.

M

mugenbao

My favorite way of germinating is directly in soil. I like to put the seeds right on top of a cup of lightly-amended soil, then cover with about 1/4" or so of worm castings. I've had great success doing this, and the seedlings always look very healthy.

oli

I like the castings idea.. seems like it would give them a little bit of a kick that I'm not seeing from rapid rooters.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My only struggle thus far is: I germinate in rapid rooters, but I am wondering if I am wasting money there too. They are very consistent, but would it not be better to just sow into cups with bacteria inoculated soil? Especially if all of your [old] beans are germinating at varying paces. Anyone use willow tree tea with success?

Thanks for all the support guys.. I'll take some pics if/when things start to get interesting.

PS- Sorry if I got off topic, I should have titled this thread "How to stimulate healthy root growth" because that is my main goal here.

botanicare.. watered down shit.. not shit, but watered down

rapid rooters, ditch them, save them for cloning.. I love germing in straight peat as it allows the shell to be pulled off on the way up. as with rooters, I've also seen sometimes the root does not anchor and then the seed like pops up, or the shell is on when it pops out... there is no need for rooters for germing. also why hassle with trying to water the rooter, with a cup of peat, water once and walk away for a week

oli, I am a guy who keeps it simple. anyone asks how to grow a better plant, I would first tell them grower skill, as in watering knowledge and feeding knowledge not to little, not to much.. with these two things you can keep at it for years and years before you need to add any supplements. and how do you know supplements work if you haven't grown the plant without it for years and years and know your plants very well down

additives are good.. but not needed

have fun whatever you do above all.. no sense in doing it if your not enjoying yourself

grapeman

Veteran
If you never used both in excess, you will never witness the goodness of using both...
Heavily...

What is "heavy" in your opinion? I use humic liquid (and fulvic when I remember to bring some home from the ranch) at about 2 tablespoons per 5 gal of fertilizer water. What I use is pictured below.

Thanks

toohighmf

Veteran
throw a Tablespoon per gallon in or use it as a PH down and you will see some crazy development.

supermanlives

Veteran
So does manure. At least manure that is worth a shit. That has not stopped mankind from using it for thousands of years.

To each his own.
we used manure in the field when i had a farm .it reeked up the area bigtime. wouldnt use it indoors either.

Hate to say it around here. But AN's Grandma Engyy's Fulvic or Humic Acid contains what you guys need. Great results. Makes a diff.

Latest posts

Latest posts