What's new

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

TheOutlawTree

Wow, thats awsome humboldt, you seem like a very chill guy!! I cant believe this is really going to happen. My guess is that prop 19 passes because although there are alot of growers that dont want it, there are alot more recreational smokers that do. Its going to be interested to see what happens.

Honestly I will have mixed emotions if it passes. Its so nice to see the right thing for society and the economy happen, but at the same time, this modern day gold rush is going to come to an end for many people in the future. If it doesnt happen in november, its bound to happen in the near future.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool show, congratulations on getting the interview! And Jorge stopped by, thats quite a compliment I'd say... I bet that was neat getting to meet him and share ideas...

Picture perfect, textbook gardens this year... Must be satisfying standing there and seeing the fruits of all your hard work! Best of luck with the harvest! Still dry here, and in the 70's and 80's again! Perfect ripening weather, I feel like your climate got transplanted way over here this year... Last year was a wash out....Thanks again for sharing the love! :canabis: :smoke:

niluola

Thanks for the link! It's quite baffling to watch all that going on from over here...a very nifty situation there with all the pros and cons...

Damn, that forest of ganja rocks...

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Election day is Tuesday, Nov. 2nd, Karma. Should have a good idea or know for sure late that night, early Wednesday morning.

Nice vid, HL. Recent pics are just nutty... love the wide shot on the plants finishing up, showing the diff. colors from one to the next. Killer grow man.

jeremy19

damn fault lines. you can see now why anything from al jazeera is pretty much banned from US. I don't ever post, I just lurk, but I saw fault lines and I had to comment. This is now definitely something to remember, seeing the biggest, most bada** garden go from step one to hosting the best journalism for a sneek peek. awesome. if it was me, I'm saying sure, you guys can come out, check out the plants. They're monsters. But you gotta send Avi Lewis. This guy is God in my book. If only everyone could at least be half as ethical as A. Lewis we'd all be better off. Fault Lines is on top of their stuff. So is Al Jazeera. HumboldtLocal is not too shabby either. Peace.

That was an amazing and thought provoking video, thanks for sharing. Quite a lot to consider from every aspect of the legalization question(s).

In your opinion would it be devastating to the local farming economy if legalization took the form of a controlled, quantifiable, government controlled methodology (similar to the existing medicinal dispensaries or liquor stores)? I have heard estimates claiming that prices could drop as much as 90% if legalization is ubiquitous and across the board. This would be devastating to both farmers as well as potential tax revenues. Am I misguided or over simplifying in thinking that if a business model/infrastructure is in place it would be easier to maintain profitability for the growing/selling community as well as track, regulate and tax from the governments perspective? Just a though.

That must be a huge honor having Jorge, the guru who literally wrote the book, grace you with his presence. I am reminded of the classic scene in Star Wars where Darth Vader proclaims “The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.” Yes, I’m a geek and damn proud of it!!! Great show guys, thanks again for sharing!!!

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
That was a great turn-on , as hadn't been aware of Avi's show Fault Line on Al Jazzy. Though have always gone to Asia Times , one of the great news organs out of Asia for serious news without the US media right /left slant .
http://www.atimes.com/

Big money already positioning to jump into the MJ scene which will arise from such legalization & policy change. This is potential huge money & be naive to think there isn't large money back on the east (& west) coast that aren't eyeing this & making moves . Pot going legal in Calif ?? This could be fairly devastating to the far north local traditional economies that are completely wrapt up integrally dependent on this farming . For one could go just out to the river delta east of Oakland & do massive MJ grows within a stones throw of of the City .... or up in Sonoma Napa or Lake Counties.

Still vindicating to finally see the decriminalization (alot of good people did time for this shit) ,with the spiritual roots of being very much tied to SanFrancisco & Berkeley of the 50's & 1960's ....one more reason to come & visit California & SanFrancisco & blow a joint along side your glass of red ...or chardonnay & mellow out / looking out over the vineyard up Napa/Sonoma/Marin counties ....or down in good ol' Monterey . Still waiting for them to legalize hemp , now that would be really something to see.

tx for posting link to Avi's show

mgrisme

HLocal and GanjD. I was wondering what your opinion of the weed mats that you used this year were. would you use them again? were there any advantages or disadvantages. were they worth you to use?

G

Ganja D

HLocal and GanjD. I was wondering what your opinion of the weed mats that you used this year were. would you use them again? were there any advantages or disadvantages. were they worth you to use?
They definitely prevented weeds from growing in the gardens, and as far as if they helped conserve water I don't have a basis to compare to. They do help keep the garden neat and clean,you can just sweep up your mess after a round of de leafing:)

T

Trinity Gold

Got to remember what is happening in Cali isn't full on legalization.. There would be serious ramifications from the feds is big business tried to break in to the Cannabis industry, and I doubt that commercial Ag in the Central Valley is going to start growing 1000s of plants if the State says it is okay because the DEA will still come for you for over 99 out in the open in Cali even if Prop 19 passes...I know I would not stop growing 'maters for McDonalds for a few mil a year even if Sac told me I could grow Ganj and claim some taxes on it...I remember hearing a lot of old timers talk the same way people are about Prop 19 as they are Prop 215...and 215 was one of the best things for cannabis...even if the prices have dropped considerably..they won't drop much more...we're already close to B.C. tickets and that's the lowest cannabis prices of all...

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
The thing about Prop 19 is if and when it passes the Government will shut it down just like they did with the Arizona Immigration law.

Sadly it's not what the majority of citizens vote for - it's about what the government allows us to have.

:)

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
wow, step away from the thread for a few days and you miss something monumental like Jorges Cerventes posing with all of these monsters! HL, you're gonna be even more famous now!! or at least your farm is.

McDank8O5

Great video guys! HL and Ganja D you both seem like two very down to earth fellas!! Ganja D you know those babies like the back of your hand man dedication like no other! props to a great season!

as for prop 19 vote KNOW!

Green Melody

Got to remember what is happening in Cali isn't full on legalization.. There would be serious ramifications from the feds is big business tried to break in to the Cannabis industry, and I doubt that commercial Ag in the Central Valley is going to start growing 1000s of plants if the State says it is okay because the DEA will still come for you for over 99 out in the open in Cali even if Prop 19 passes...I know I would not stop growing 'maters for McDonalds for a few mil a year even if Sac told me I could grow Ganj and claim some taxes on it...I remember hearing a lot of old timers talk the same way people are about Prop 19 as they are Prop 215...and 215 was one of the best things for cannabis...even if the prices have dropped considerably..they won't drop much more...we're already close to B.C. tickets and that's the lowest cannabis prices of all...

agreed, it is going to be interesting to see how the feds handle this situation. The only way they will allow this, would be if they profited in some way, and they wont. They will by seizing those 'companies'. like you say Tri tips, they have too much to lose to grow over 99 plants. feds wait till alot of money has been generated... and come in and take it all, everything.

also, would be interesting to see the what kind of tourist attractions and recreational establishments will pop up.