What's new

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

H

humboldtlocal

Hey friends,
I wanted to tell you about a great experience I had yesterday. I had the honor of touring the Humboldt Patient Resource Center. Arcata's oldest and most progressive Medical Cannabis Dispensing Collective. My friend is the Cultivation Director and gave me the grand tour.
When I first walked in the door I expected to see a large armed guard but instead I was greeted by their lovely nutritionist who offered me some organic fruit salad. I realized right away this was a place of healing and not your ordinary money hungry dispensary. I learned about their free health center that they sponsor. They have services and classes seven days a week not just for patients but for the whole community. Everything from pilates, nutrition, parenting classes, kettlebell, hula aerobics, to cooking classes. They also offer massage. This collective has been operating for eleven years and they enhance the community in so many ways.
They have a large on site indoor grow where they grow in soil with organic nutrients and pest control. It is the only dispensary that opens its doors to the patients and includes education about cultivation while supplying organic medicine. They have about 80 people a week come tour the grow. You can also choose to volunteer in the grow and get some real hands on experience. They also had an amazing selection of clones. Some real good stuff.
I also got to see the plans for their new cultivation facility. Talk about the most progressive green indoor grow you could build. It is in an old lumber mill building. They will be putting in skylights in the veg rooms to offset the light usage. Freaking Brilliant! They will be treating all of the waste water runoff for use on their outdoor gardens. They also hope to add several large greenhouses and run them with supplemental light. This will be an education center as well as grow.
Most know that I am not a fan of indoor cultivation but these guys are doing it the way it should be done. They are setting an example that I can only hope the rest of the Cannabis community can follow. It was very inspiring to see how it can be done correctly. These guys deserve much more credit than they get. These are the sort of collectives the media should be showcasing. This is what the anti cannabis crowd needs to be shown. They exemplify the true spirit of prop 215.
I also wanted to mention that the first classes at the 707 Cannabis College are coming up in a couple weeks. http://www.707cannabiscollege.com/index.html
My friend from HPRC is teaching the first class focusing on harvesting, drying, and storage. http://kymk.wordpress.com/2010/08/1...-college-starts-classes-in-southern-humboldt/
These classes will be taught by true Humboldt experts and I encourage anyone that is looking for an alternative to the teachings that are being presented at other schools to attend.

G

Ganja D

Did you guys get rain today like we did in the Shasta valley?

We did get some rain. I woke up to the sound of it very early in the morning. Dusted off the plants for us and cleaned off the stomata. As refreshing as it was I hope it wasn't a sign of an early rainy fall.

On another note things here a going great. Today I climbed up a ladder to the roof of a shed to view the tops of the plants which I hadn't seen in a long time. What I saw up there just blew me away. I'll be taking some pictures tomorrow.

OzzBozz

Hey friends,
I wanted to tell you about a great experience I had yesterday. I had the honor of touring the Humboldt Patient Resource Center. Arcata's oldest and most progressive Medical Cannabis Dispensing Collective. My friend is the Cultivation Director and gave me the grand tour.
When I first walked in the door I expected to see a large armed guard but instead I was greeted by their lovely nutritionist who offered me some organic fruit salad. I realized right away this was a place of healing and not your ordinary money hungry dispensary. I learned about their free health center that they sponsor. They have services and classes seven days a week not just for patients but for the whole community. Everything from pilates, nutrition, parenting classes, kettlebell, hula aerobics, to cooking classes. They also offer massage. This collective has been operating for eleven years and they enhance the community in so many ways.
They have a large on site indoor grow where they grow in soil with organic nutrients and pest control. It is the only dispensary that opens its doors to the patients and includes education about cultivation while supplying organic medicine. They have about 80 people a week come tour the grow. You can also choose to volunteer in the grow and get some real hands on experience. They also had an amazing selection of clones. Some real good stuff.
I also got to see the plans for their new cultivation facility. Talk about the most progressive green indoor grow you could build. It is in an old lumber mill building. They will be putting in skylights in the veg rooms to offset the light usage. Freaking Brilliant! They will be treating all of the waste water runoff for use on their outdoor gardens. They also hope to add several large greenhouses and run them with supplemental light. This will be an education center as well as grow.
Most know that I am not a fan of indoor cultivation but these guys are doing it the way it should be done. They are setting an example that I can only hope the rest of the Cannabis community can follow. It was very inspiring to see how it can be done correctly. These guys deserve much more credit than they get. These are the sort of collectives the media should be showcasing. This is what the anti cannabis crowd needs to be shown. They exemplify the true spirit of prop 215.
I also wanted to mention that the first classes at the 707 Cannabis College are coming up in a couple weeks. http://www.707cannabiscollege.com/index.html
My friend from HPRC is teaching the first class focusing on harvesting, drying, and storage. http://kymk.wordpress.com/2010/08/1...-college-starts-classes-in-southern-humboldt/
These classes will be taught by true Humboldt experts and I encourage anyone that is looking for an alternative to the teachings that are being presented at other schools to attend.

dude i <3 HPRC
Such a nice selection of clones... they've got a killer cut of trainwreck called Soletrain. brilliant!:ying:
My friend goes to the yoga classes too, there free. she loves them!
The i-center sucks :-/

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Humbolt i idle you bro. nicest plants i have ever seen on these forums HANDS DOWN. havnt been on in a few weeks and damn them thangs blew up

G

Ganja D

300 gallon smart pot garden of weeden.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Canopy of massive PTW/GF x GF/P F2
picture.php

Monster HKBB/BP
picture.php

PTW/Purple Star from the greenhouse.
picture.php

This is from one of our absolute biggest plants. Burmese Kush Goo. There is a ton of frost on this plant already and it might be one our biggest yielders. Very happy to have clones of most of our best plants.
picture.php

Let's all grow some weed.:)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting close to a solid canopy now... :) You must feel blessed! Great work guys! Take your last few easy breaths before harvest begins... :headbange :smoke:

McDank8O5

thank you very much for the new desktop background Ganja D!! gorgeous garden and loved the new angles!!! Harvest just around the corner....

E

el Dream Reader

I think you have redefined the acronym, SCROG. I'm tempted to rewrite the wikipedia definition using this picture for reference.
picture.php

Truly amazing :tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
oh my golly! this is getting ridiculous rofl.

what are you guys trying to do here, i think you have just broken the sound barrier of cannabis growing. i can only look on in awe and wonder if i'm destined to grow such plants any time soon? would sure cut down on those plant numbers if i could get them that big :)

what a pleasure it is watching those ladies flowering up now.

Last edited:
H

humboldtlocal

I want to send lots of love to all our friends and family out there and all of our new friends who show us support.
:thank you:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php