What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

humboldt

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
so way way way back in the day in my neck of the woods we used to get a cultivar known as "humboldt fire" I have summed it up to be just HUMBOLDT somewhere online it speaks of some oldschool afghani obviously cultivated in humboldt perhaps around the 80s or 90s can anyone shine any light on this cultivar? and its history as well ?

thanks in advanced ic

St. Phatty

so way way way back in the day in my neck of the woods we used to get a cultivar known as "humboldt fire" I have summed it up to be just HUMBOLDT somewhere online it speaks of some oldschool afghani obviously cultivated in humboldt perhaps around the 80s or 90s can anyone shine any light on this cultivar? and its history as well ?

thanks in advanced ic

I got something similar in a film canister of seeds that a friend saved from his Sinsemilla collection, that came from that neck of the woods.

It was all the Best of the Best, buds that were shared in Silicon Valley.

In the early 1980's.

Rancidly stinky, covered with frost, mixed in with more fruity seedlings.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
hey! glad to have someone comment on this thread. do you know anything about it or anyone you know? I remember back around like 2011 or maybe it was 2012 but we got some of this stuff off of the black market it was real orange in color and the smell was so distinctively unique of its own it could be detected years later as my old friends mother smelled the bud and said she remembered this stuff too and had favored the smoke so it stuck onto me since then the flavor matched the smell exactly and the effects were extremely potent I just cant remember if it was narcotic cerebral or a hybrid feeling of both

St. Phatty

hey! glad to have someone comment on this thread. do you know anything about it or anyone you know? I remember back around like 2011 or maybe it was 2012 but we got some of this stuff off of the black market it was real orange in color and the smell was so distinctively unique of its own it could be detected years later as my old friends mother smelled the bud and said she remembered this stuff too and had favored the smoke so it stuck onto me since then the flavor matched the smell exactly and the effects were extremely potent I just cant remember if it was narcotic cerebral or a hybrid feeling of both

I have no problem spilling the secrets of the US government.

BUT I respect the Oaths of Secrecy that go along with my limited knowledge of the Emerald Triangle.

One small thing that I noticed was that most of the seeds and bud I got from the ET were Indica-dominant.

I was one of the first (in our group) to bring Haze crosses to a small audience in Silicon Valley.

But most of the bud that I shared was at most 50% Sativa. It was mostly weed for after work, and people wanted Indica-dom's.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I have no problem spilling the secrets of the US government.

BUT I respect the Oaths of Secrecy that go along with my limited knowledge of the Emerald Triangle.

One small thing that I noticed was that most of the seeds and bud I got from the ET were Indica-dominant.

I was one of the first (in our group) to bring Haze crosses to a small audience in Silicon Valley.

But most of the bud that I shared was at most 50% Sativa. It was mostly weed for after work, and people wanted Indica-dom's.
Thx that answers some questions I did have. I will forever look for the cut for any potential reproduction projects. There was a guy selling some variety with a similar name but it was a polyhybrid perhaps some of those lines too were or are polyhybrids. Thank you for sharing what information you do know about this topic blessings 🙏