What's new

Humboldt Growers Association introduces medical cannabis ordinance

Z

zen_trikester

So protectionism is good and every grower should find a group to align with and exclude all others? This sounds like some of the lamest shit ever.

Our fundamental disagreement is that you think government should be "Proactive" and I think that government has extremely LIMITED power and should do NOTHING except those VERY FEW enumerated items in the constitution.

I know that collectivists and stateists are the norm even in a weed growing community. How sad for me.

:joint:
OK Hydro I see your point. I definitely don't think that excusivity should be the goal. I think Humboldt is pretty unique in that regard because of the branding issue, and something will be needed to control the boom anyways.

My point about everyone going out and proposing legislation is to settle their issues. Humboldt's issues are pretty obvious. Some municipalities will be needed to be convinced to even allow anything, so that would be different tactic. Some places will need to figure out how to ballance hemp with outdoor mmj crops. Some will need to be encouraged to make room for smaller growers mixed in with the big dogs in case the big dogs all get shafted. All I'm saying is find out what their concerns are and try to incorporate them into a document that also settles your concerns. Humboldt's needs are unique as will be the needs of each municipality. If you don't be a part of that you are missing out.

Jed

Z

zen_trikester

In brighter news has anyone seen "FrontLine" that was aired on free speach TV tonight? HGA was on there. Great show if you missed it.

Jed

So protectionism is good and every grower should find a group to align with and exclude all others? This sounds like some of the lamest shit ever.

Our fundamental disagreement is that you think government should be "Proactive" and I think that government has extremely LIMITED power and should do NOTHING except those VERY FEW enumerated items in the constitution.

I know that collectivists and stateists are the norm even in a weed growing community. How sad for me.

On face value I agree with this. But in the Roberts Era where Big Business can influence political elections and government with unlimited funding, the little guy needs the government to be its actor for change, IMO. If this means protectionism then so be it.
This, isn't 1776, and the Framers never envisioned this type of democracy. The government has already overstepped its boundaries and is invading our life everyday. We can't jump ship, we need to learn how to steer this boat for our own good. And if the Something like this ordinance were to pass, whether as a government agency or a consumer driven group (which i think is infinitely better,) it is needed to protect the value of Humboldt Outdoor. Which in turn protects the value of all pot. If Humboldt can't brand itself then how will your indoor crops fair?

We as a community need to do this, for us and our future. If they label all pot the same we are f*cked.

In brighter news has anyone seen "FrontLine" that was aired on free speach TV tonight? HGA was on there. Great show if you missed it.

Jed

What is the full name of the Program? I want to find it online.
:blowbubbles:

Z

zen_trikester

The network is called free speach tv and "FrontLines" is a news series. The episode is specifically about prop 19 and it was very "pro legalization". First run was Monday and my DVR caught it because I have an autorecord set up with the keyword "marijuana". If it doesn't show up in a day or two I will try to upload it to youtube or something. It was very good and well worth seeing. The HGA guy was showing some mighty fine looking trees!

Jed

sorry it is fault lines not front lines<object width="680" height="410">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X-QaypIrP1U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="680" height="410"></object>

thanks jed. must spread.

EDIT: amazing video. I think the Laboratory of Ideas theory is the best way to see it. Also, hilarious that the link is from AlJazeera TV. How i long for imported hash to be sold in clubs...:badday:

H

humboldtlocal

HGA's board members were on KMUD yesterday.
http://kmud.org/index.php?option=com...pper&Itemid=83
Listen to Monday Morning Magazine (8-9) from Oct 18th.
They were also on the tail end of the 6pm news from the 18th.
Tells how they formed and some of the reasons for their ordinance. Explains how they came up with the numbers for their permits.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
HGA's board members were on KMUD yesterday.
http://kmud.org/index.php?option=com...pper&Itemid=83
Listen to Monday Morning Magazine (8-9) from Oct 18th.
They were also on the tail end of the 6pm news from the 18th.
Tells how they formed and some of the reasons for their ordinance. Explains how they came up with the numbers for their permits.

If they have time to do a media blitz, could you please ask them to release the full text of their proposal to the internet?

They already handed it over to the city council and some members of this community wish to read the full text.

*mistress*

Veteran
The ... Association is a .... ...er. trade association. Their mission is: To promote a safe and sustainable ... industry ... that will serve as a national model of success.This ordinance will finally regulate collective outdoor medical ... , bring in revenue much needed to the ..., and lay the framework for ... to compete in the coming ... market.
:kos:

Last edited:
some simple "research" to think about. makes some of these topics easier to talk about. for me atleast. :)

Terroir (French pronunciation: [tɛʁwaʁ]) comes from the word terre "land". It was originally a French term in wine, coffee and tea used to denote the special characteristics that geography bestowed upon particular varieties. Agricultural sites in the same region share similar soil, weather conditions, and farming techniques, which all contribute to the unique qualities of the crop. It can be very loosely translated as "a sense of place," which is embodied in certain characteristic qualities, the sum of the effects that the local environment has had on the manufacture of the product. Terroir is often italicized in English writing to show that it is a French loanword. The concept of terroir is at the base of the French wine Appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC) system that has been the model for appellation and wine laws across the globe. At its core is the assumption that the land from which the grapes are grown imparts a unique quality that is specific to that region. The amount of influence and the scope that falls under the description of terroir has been a controversial topic in the wine industry.

Apellation-An appellation is a legally defined and protected geographical indication used to identify where the grapes for a wine were grown; other types of food often have appellations as well. Restrictions other than geographical boundaries, such as what grapes may be grown, maximum grape yields, alcohol level, and other quality factors, may also apply before an appellation name may legally appear on a wine bottle label. The rules that govern appellations are dependent on the country in which the wine was produced.

I had no idea this existed.Thank you wikipedia. American Viticultural AreaAn American Viticultural Area is a designated wine grape-growing region in the United States distinguishable by geographic features, with boundaries defined by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), United States Department of the Treasury.[1] The TTB defines AVAs at the request of wineries and other petitioners. There were 198 AVAs as of January, 2010.[2] Prior to the installation of the AVA system, wine appellations of origin in the United States were designated based on state or county boundaries. All of these appellations were grandfathered into federal law and may appear on wine labels as designated places of origin, but these appellations are distinct from AVAs. //A majority of these are in California.

Protectionism is the economic policy of restraining trade between states, through methods such as tariffs on imported goods, restrictive quotas, and a variety of other government regulations designed to discourage imports, and prevent foreign take-over of domestic markets and companies.

This policy is closely aligned with anti-globalization, and contrasts with free trade, where government barriers to trade and movement of capital are kept to a minimum. The term is mostly used in the context of economics, where protectionism refers to policies or doctrines which protect businesses and workers within a country by restricting or regulating trade with foreign nations.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts