What's new

humbodts SnowStorm

the gnome

Veteran
anyone use with it?
I read that its also good to use on fresh seedings because it has
great root stimulating properties?
I thought it was for use in flowering only to help fatten up the budz?

I dunno about that.

All it is, is a potassium supplement.

Products like that are just a scam IMO. I have never used SSU, but I don't need to.
Its all in the genetics. You can only make them do so much before they are maxed out.
Like my sig says.......

the gnome

Veteran
thanks AD,
I didn't know thats its just potas.
I read this thread on another site and the grower was extolling the virtues of it.
maybe it did do what he said it did, with his strain?
ah well
thanks again for clarifying what the ingredients of SS are

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
my anecdote, is that a 2mL/Gal foliar treatment (3 weeks before chop) does nothing to my phenos (4 strains). Ive tried it 3 different runs.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I should note that i used 'Purple Maxx Snow Storm' version 3 (they have since split the product into two. how the fuck do you do that?)

fuck it, maybe i'll try it again, ive got plenty left, and plants that are 3 weeks out.

Str8Dank

they have tons of samples at my local store and a buddy who also works there swears by it says it made a hell of a difference. i got about a qt of free samples (i'm good like that) in 118ml free sample bottles so i've used it but idk if it made any difference.

keesey

i am currently useing it also and my good freind is on his 4th run and swears buy it the last run was bubble gum and they looked as if they were out side in the snow almost had a powder look to the buds.

also coated the leaves realy good and they made some good hash

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
I have used both Stowstorm and Gravity and both did what they were advertised to do. The problem is that they took away alot of the dankness from the buds. The smell was noticably lacking on plants that had previously reeked. I could tell in the smoke as well. I switched back to Molasses and Catalyst after 2 runs. Good luck.

Check this out......

You want tighter buds......upgrade your light for starts....then dial yer nutes and pH in....don't have digital meters yet?....go get em. Etc etc

F Gravity

You want purple product....grow purple strains....ie - Purple Erkel, GDP, Purps, Purple Power...etc....there are lots!

F Purple Maxx

You want tric'd out plants....BE A GOOD GROWER.

F Snow Storm Ultra

As you can see, I think products like that are a waste of money and PPM's.

JMO tho :)

C

csedge

I have never tried it but I did just get a free sample bottle to mess with. Been using it along with the reg nutes. I don't know if it's working or not cuz most of my plants always get this frosty but their deffinitly frosty. I'll try and show picks of the plants that are being tested with it tomorrow.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The stuff works as advertised.

Definitely more than just a "potassium supplement" though.. Prolly hormones or something like that.

SGMeds

I know bushmaster is a PGR... and they say the PMax came from accidental experimentation... likely with other hormones. Can't list them in order to be able to sell in CA...

homebrew420

I got a free sample of it. Didn't notice any difference at all. No more trich production than previous well grown runs. It is garbage, there was something growing in the bottle after being opened for only 2 months.

TeaHateSea

there was something growing in the bottle after being opened for only 2 months.

Same here. I opened it to smell it (because I was high and that's what I do) and then I never got a chance to use it because it looked like someone shucked a raw oyster and dropped it in the bottle after 3 weeks.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a free sample of it. Didn't notice any difference at all. No more trich production than previous well grown runs. It is garbage, there was something growing in the bottle after being opened for only 2 months.

Sounds like you got a batch that was stored improperly or something.

I've had a bottle of the stuff for a couple of years and its fine.

Not only that, this ish will definitely make a difference in flower development and trich production.

Funny how you guys bashing on the stuff are the people with no demonstrable experience growing weed. No threads, no forum albums, and yet we're supposed to take your word for something?

Sorry, but I've seen it work with my own eyes repeatedly.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Ive never seen floaters.

@Bo are you adding it to the substrate, or foliaring? do you mind posting your application rate, and if you re-use your substrate?

I'll spray a few down again, but im not holding out hope.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Both the products i listed worked as stated. They increased density and frost of the buds but the end product simply didnt have the same dank flavor and smell. Not nearly as intense in smell as the buds grown the exact same way in previous grows. They work and do what they say..........just have side effects that I was not aware of. Im with Mr Bojangles on this one. Use them, document a grow then judge the products. Dont make decisions based on what a friend of a cousin's roomate told you over a smokeout session.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
OK, i sprayed them down with:
0.5mL/qt of Purple Maxx Snow Storm and
0.5mL/qt of Gravity (there is no 'foliar application rate)
a few drops of SM-90 (for its surfactant properties)

I soaked 1 of 3 of my Cotton candy, 2 outta 4 Locsters, and 1 of my Lemon G's. Plants have been, and will continue to be treated equal to their sister (IE the cotton candy might not get the same treatment as the lemon G, but the cotton candy's are and will continue to be grouped together).

cacamal

Like west coast choppers more people sport the shirts than use the product...at least up here in the tuna' but eel river hydro is a cool shop so...I would recommend gravity towards the end of your cycle before you flush

Latest posts

Latest posts