What's new

Huge Santa Barbara County wildfire caused by marijuana farm

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Hilarious. We need to 'tighten our borders' to keep the 'illegal' Hispanics out of cities named San Diego, San Benadino, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, et al. Well hell, I guess we did steal the land from them fair and square.

my personal disclaimer.. I posted this as a matter of news information for all.. everyone is entitled to their opinions and comments--

I wish that I was really mystified by racial overtones, sorry I am not.. it is classic americana..

emmy75

some guy gave me negative rep and called me a racist. haha im soo not a racist. i was just playing off what the person above me said.

i love california particulary because it has a mexican flavor and history.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Thats unfortunate. I gotta admit I seriously thought about giving you neg. rep. but feel people should be able to voice their opinions. It lets people like me know where they stand, and thats a good thing. But it is a serious subject, and not one alot of people take lightly.

It makes me happy to hear you feel the way you do. I'm in L.A. too and love the cultural diversity this city has.

Thanks for clearing that up emmy
:bandit::ying:

emmy75

i kinda lazily read the thread and now i see what rooted said in the beginning and how what i said would be construed as racist.

sorry to everyone i offended. my bad

rooted

oh come on everyone's a little racist...:D...i have tons of mexican friends that are racist as shit against whites, we have a good laugh and carry on! shit, they know more beaner jokes than i do!!! yes i have a lot of mexican friends, blacks, asians, hawaiians....they're all cool and they all speak English. if they didn't we wouldn't kick it because i wouldn't know what the fuck they're saying.

neg rep is no big deal just gives you a better idea of what people are thinking :D but too scared to post for all to see

hope that gives you guys a better view of where i'm coming from.....

but to clear this thread up i'll try to find an update on that hellacious blaze.....i have family WAY close to that fire

:joint:

ourcee

oh come on everyone's a little racist...:D...i have tons of mexican friends that are racist as shit against whites, we have a good laugh and carry on! shit, they know more beaner jokes than i do!!! yes i have a lot of mexican friends, blacks, asians, hawaiians....they're all cool and they all speak English. if they didn't we wouldn't kick it because i wouldn't know what the fuck they're saying.

neg rep is no big deal just gives you a better idea of what people are thinking :D but too scared to post for all to see

hope that gives you guys a better view of where i'm coming from.....

but to clear this thread up i'll try to find an update on that hellacious blaze.....i have family WAY close to that fire

:joint:

for real, same here....

I was just up there, waking up to ash all over my damn car before going fishing.

the sun was a purdy red though, as destructive as fires are they make for some good pix.

emmy75

i really don't mind the negative rep. and i never return rep for rep. if someone gives me neg rep so be it. i was just shocked to see someone calling me a racist when my statement was meant as a joke.

rooted you can joke with your friends that you know but here its kinda a different story and too boot this is all text with smiles to clarify. the end

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Rooted- What are you 10yrs old!!!!! I don't care how many ignorant people you surround yourself with, or how many "beaner" jokes you know! How does what those idiots let you get away with have anything to do with what you can get away with here. I don't fucking know you and you aren't my fucking friend! The fact that you don't understand what the big deal is only goes to show how fucking retarded you are!!! YOU RACIST NARROW MINDED SON OF A BITCH! Just so you know where I'm coming from!

EDIT- I need to apologize! To the OP and to the whole ICMAG community (Including Rooted)! I was reminded by a friend why I hang out here in the first place. To chill, not to get involved in drama, and definitely not to start any. I knew all I needed to know from Rooted's first post, and I went fishing anyway! For all I know he was fishing too, and I bit. I see hundreds of comments everyday that I don't agree with and choose to ignore. I wish I had ignored his. I'm not a rebel-rouser and am embarrassed for caring as much as I did.

I sincerely apologize.

Last edited:
some guy gave me negative rep and called me a racist. haha im soo not a racist. i was just playing off what the person above me said.

i love california particulary because it has a mexican flavor and history.

for the record.. I dont do negative rep.. I believe in free speech - we are all entitled to our own beliefs- and I am sure hoping that we all evolve to a place where no one is racist..

rooted

:joint: luv ya trichy

:D calm down resin lung you're going to stroke out

La Brea Fire News Release

August 20 Morning Update

Incident: La Brea Fire Wildfire
Released: 24 hrs. ago

La Brea Fire Information

August 20 Morning Update

Los Padres National Forest

California Interagency Incident Management Team 3 / CAL FIRE

Jeanne Pincha-Tulley / S. Heil / M. Schmitt, Incident Commanders

Acres: 89,368
Personnel: 1,520
Containment: 94%

Start Date: Aug. 8, 2009

For more Information: www.inciweb.org or call (805) 961-5770

Continued good progress was made by firefighters yesterday as they inched forward to complete firelines in the San Rafael Wilderness portion of the La Brea Fire. Hotshot crews continue to make good progress on the estimated 10 miles of fireline yet to be completed. In the afternoon, hot temperatures increased the intensity of the fire in portions of the wilderness, but air tankers and helicopters helped to check its spread. Most of the crews stayed overnight near the site to continue work in that area today. Mop up of hot spots 300 feet into the fire is continuing in many areas, and those involved are finding fewer and fewer hot spots.

Interior smoke and some flare-ups continue well inside portions of the burned area, which do not pose any serious threat of crossing the containment lines. Firefighters monitor these interior flare-ups and usually do not take any suppression action on them since it is not needed.

The last evacuation warning was lifted by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office late yesterday for the area bound by the Sierra Madre Road, Highway 166, Cottonwood Canyon and Spoor Canyon. There are currently no evacuation notices in effect anywhere around the fire.

Fireline being built in the wilderness is being done using minimal impact suppression tactics (known as MIST) in combination with a high use of aerial support as the fire intensifies, usually during the afternoon periods.

Suppression line rehabilitation continues on the colder portions of the fire, generally in the west, north and south flanks. Dozers are building water bars, which are small depressions perpendicular to the slopes that will slow water and reduce erosion when the rains return. They also level berms, and do other work as necessary to lessen impacts on the now barren soil when rainfall begins.

Weather: The forecast is much the same as the past several days with temperatures in the 90s. Under these conditions, the fire becomes most active between 11 a.m to midnight.

Caution: Due to slow moving emergency vehicle traffic on Highway 166, the public is urged to use extra caution.

Fire Investigation Tip Line: If you have any information regarding the La Brea Fire, please contact Forest Service Fire Investigators at 805-686-5074.

Closures: An emergency closure order is in effect for portions of the Los Padres National Forest in and around the fire. For more information, see http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/lospadres/ or http://www.inciweb.org/incident/1803/.

Resources: Engines: 50 Crews: 49 Dozers: 16 Water Tenders: 60 Helicopters: 11 Fixed Wing: 5 available

T

TrichyTrichy

Like Mrs.Babba says- Be good people :)
rooted :spank: you need a little spank