What's new

Huge Pot Bust in Northern California National Forest

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
UKIAH, Calif. – Law enforcement officials said Friday they struck a major blow against illegal marijuana cultivation on public lands in the heart of Northern California pot country.

The two-week operation to purge the Mendocino National Forest of illicit pot gardens uprooted 460,000 pot plants and led to more than 100 arrests, U.S. Attorney Melinda Haag said.

About 1,500 pounds of processed marijuana, 27 guns and 11 vehicles were also seized.

The 900,000-acre forest — larger than Rhode Island — spans six counties in a region of mountains and forests known as the Emerald Triangle for its high concentration of pot farms. Agents raided more than 50 gardens teeming with trash, irrigation pipes and chemicals that damage forestland and waterways, authorities said.

"The Mendocino National Forest is under attack by drug traffickers," Haag said.

The operation was part of an annual summer effort to eradicate marijuana from public lands across the state. Six sheriff's departments, the state anti-narcotics bureau and at least a half-dozen federal agencies took part in the effort in the forest.

Spearheading the raids was Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman, who in his years on the job has had to balance county medical marijuana ordinances with state law and the complete federal ban on the drug. Allman said none of the gardens busted showed any sign of being used to grow medical marijuana.

Each summer for the past several years, authorities report seizing millions of pot plants from local, state and national parks, forests and other wilderness areas. Public lands are often favored by clandestine growers for their remote locations and rugged terrain.

In previous years, officials have blamed Mexican drug cartels for some of the state's largest growing operations. Haag declined Friday to comment on where those arrested in the current operation were from but said 25 are already facing federal charges.

The decision to focus on Mendocino National Forest this year stemmed from citizen complaints a year ago about an increasing number of confrontations with armed guards protecting pot grows, Allman said.

Forest Service officials and county leaders have also long complained about the environmental consequences of illegal marijuana farms on forest ecology.

California National Guard troops, Forest Service workers and volunteers have removed 46,000 pounds of trash, 120 propane tanks, 116,000 feet of pipe, 13 manmade dams, 57 pounds of pesticide and tons of fertilizer from raided grow sites in the forest, Haag said.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/29/huge-pot-bust-in-northern-calif-national-forest/

NOKUY

Veteran
Huge pot bust in Northern Calif national forest

i don't speak spanish :tiphat:

UKIAH, Calif. (AP) — Law enforcement officials said Friday they struck a major blow against illegal marijuana cultivation on public lands in the heart of Northern California pot country.

The two-week operation to purge the Mendocino National Forest of illicit pot gardens uprooted 460,000 pot plants and led to more than 100 arrests, U.S. Attorney Melinda Haag said.

About 1,500 pounds of processed marijuana, 27 guns and 11 vehicles were also seized.

The 900,000-acre forest — larger than Rhode Island — spans six counties in a region of mountains and forests known as the Emerald Triangle for its high concentration of pot farms. Agents raided more than 50 gardens teeming with trash, irrigation pipes and chemicals that damage forestland and waterways, authorities said.

"The Mendocino National Forest is under attack by drug traffickers," Haag said.

The operation was part of an annual summer effort to eradicate marijuana from public lands across the state. Six sheriff's departments, the state anti-narcotics bureau and at least a half-dozen federal agencies took part in the effort in the forest.

Spearheading the raids was Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman, who in his years on the job has had to balance county medical marijuana ordinances with state law and the complete federal ban on the drug. Allman said none of the gardens busted showed any sign of being used to grow medical marijuana.

Each summer for the past several years, authorities report seizing millions of pot plants from local, state and national parks, forests and other wilderness areas. Public lands are often favored by clandestine growers for their remote locations and rugged terrain.

In previous years, officials have blamed Mexican drug cartels for some of the state's largest growing operations. Haag declined Friday to comment on where those arrested in the current operation were from but said 25 are already facing federal charges.

The decision to focus on Mendocino National Forest this year stemmed from citizen complaints a year ago about an increasing number of confrontations with armed guards protecting pot grows, Allman said.

Forest Service officials and county leaders have also long complained about the environmental consequences of illegal marijuana farms on forest ecology.

California National Guard troops, Forest Service workers and volunteers have removed 46,000 pounds of trash, 120 propane tanks, 116,000 feet of pipe, 13 manmade dams, 57 pounds of pesticide and tons of fertilizer from raided grow sites in the forest, Haag said.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran

this is probably a dumb question but what do they use propane tanks for?

It is worrying though that guerilla farmers are using so much pesticide and fertilizer in national forests :-/

NOKUY

Veteran
this part is the fukin travesty:

I wonder how much tax payer-funded overtime pay was issued to make these arrests. Don't piggies make something like 50 an hour on overtime?

Endur

Veteran

It is worrying though that guerilla farmers are using so much pesticide and fertilizer in national forests :-/

I'm pretty sure the propane tanks are for their gas burner stoves.
They heat their tortillas/beans, with a little carne assada.. lol.

But ya, They really cant make campfires, because it would lead the authorities to the grow.
ENDUR

jakeh

The propane tanks are used to cook with. You could use wood fire but you have a lot of smoke and smoke gets attention in national forests from the fire department.

BigDawg

1500 pounds of processed marijuana...? so they harvest early?

I don't even see the point in doing those huge grows out there, they always seem to find it. National Guard, DEA, forest rangers...they might as well call in the navy and marines.

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
thats a shitload of pot..but the police are notorious for giving false reports of actual plant counts and exact number of product seizes , etc,etc why woulden't they, they get more funding for the next year's bullshit raids of local farmers all the while lining their fat pockets with your tax dollars , makes me sick t..hey do it here in canada too but with slightly less inflated numbers...keep safe everybody watch for the cops and of course those damm rippers...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
CAMP just got their funding cut...but i support operations like this....folks got no business growing on public land polluting our forests...or worse yet having armed plots that regular old hikers and hunters might stumble into, that shit is seriously bad....

CAMP spends most of their time going after these illegal grows so lately they have been leaving private property grows alone for the most part....

but shit....im happy thats 1500 lbs of bullshit cheap weed that wont be hitting the market we dont need people smoking that scrap sativa..

maxmurder

Veteran
i herd they seized a record amount of totillas and beans in that raid too......:alien:. lol

hahah funny! i would like to get to get the official weight on the tortillas and beans.
really tho- this is a good thing. we'll see if they really leave the med grows alone.

Huge Tiny plants

Huge Tiny plants

These are the smallest California outdoor pot plants I have ever seen for the size they were for the end of July lol what a crock of shit. Amatures at best.

Attachments

• lp18cw-lp189p30tcnpotbust.jpg
    lp18cw-lp189p30tcnpotbust.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 16
These are the smallest California outdoor pot plants I have ever seen for the size they were for the end of July lol what a crock of shit. Amatures at best.

Hard to do big and high quality when you are doing 10,000 at a time. The last few years I keep seeing large amounts of dried and packaged buds being siezed in these raids in late July and early August. I think they are working with some smaller autoflower strains to get out before the National Forest is crowded with deer hunters.

I remember when gorilla growers grew gigantic Indi Sativa hybrids deep in Nor Cal woods man. Huge 8 and 10 pound plants. Knock your head off highs too.

Latest posts

Latest posts