What's new

Huge carbon footprint of pot growers

C

chefro420

Wouldn't my gardens intake of c02 , somewhat offset the co2 produced to power my garden?

Greenheart

Veteran
I believe somewhere I read that cannnabis gives off more oxygen during photosynthesis than many other plants. It will grow under varied and extreme conditions giving back 80 percent of what it took from the soil if composted. The seeds are high in essential omega's and can be considered a staple food crop. The amount of paper product put out by one acre of hemp is double the amount put out by one acre of old growth timber. The quality of paper produced is of the highest caliber. The long stranded fibers of the male provide ultra-strong linens and rope with a higher flame resistance than cotton. As a wood product it is lightweight and has a high durability. It contains over 400 cannibinoids that we are just beginning to understand medicinally. It can be used to produce biodesiel. Almost anything made with plastic or rubber can be replaced with Cannabis Sativa L.

Even one of the first Ford concept vehicles envisioned by Henry in the Early 1900's was to be made almost entirely of hemp and powered by it.

Wake up World. Live Free!

O

OrganicOzarks

This is a positive story. In the long run it is going to make us all more money. If everyone starts growing indoors maybe we can raise the C02 levels enough so that we don't have to supplement. :)

Obviously this was a joke. So please don't start getting all "Al Gore" on me.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
somebody tell moonbeam and the other useless sacks'a shit in sac to raise the t-stat in the capital bldg a bit... that'd help.

it must be like this all across the country. Growing up, all my schools would freeze us out in the summer time when it was 100+ ouside, the teachers would run small heaters under their desk and have to wear sweaters to stay warm and all the kids had a jacket handy. Same thing in nearly every government building around here I have ever been in, the thermostat must be set on 65 or less, IN THE SUMMER TIME.

S

SeaMaiden

Cognitive dissonance? I'll take, and have taken, responsibility for my total impact, and continue to strive to achieve even more.

I understand that not everyone can do as I can, but every little bit helps to affect even the smallest sphere of influence.

Unfortunately, I still drive cars and motorcycles. :(

L

LouDog420

And the plants are releasing oxygen, which everyone needs to live, so there's a trade off I say.
Plus all the people that benefit from natural medicine instead of an endless array of pills.
I wonder what big pharmas footprint is?

I see this article is from NatGeo.
Hey NatGeo, how many trees did you chop down to make this months issue of your magazine?
Maybe you should look at your own carbon footprint first, before you start pointing fingers at the growers

Yes

Wouldn't my gardens intake of c02 , somewhat offset the co2 produced to power my garden?

Yes

I believe somewhere I read that cannnabis gives off more oxygen during photosynthesis than many other plants. It will grow under varied and extreme conditions giving back 80 percent of what it took from the soil if composted. The seeds are high in essential omega's and can be considered a staple food crop. The amount of paper product put out by one acre of hemp is double the amount put out by one acre of old growth timber. The quality of paper produced is of the highest caliber. The long stranded fibers of the male provide ultra-strong linens and rope with a higher flame resistance than cotton. As a wood product it is lightweight and has a high durability. It contains over 400 cannibinoids that we are just beginning to understand medicinally. It can be used to produce biodesiel. Almost anything made with plastic or rubber can be replaced with Cannabis Sativa L.

Even one of the first Ford concept vehicles envisioned by Henry in the Early 1900's was to be made almost entirely of hemp and powered by it.

Wake up World. Live Free!

And YES!!!

WTF is left for me to post :comfort:

Latest posts

Latest posts