What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HSO Chemdawg

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Whats up with HSO's Amherst Sour Diesel?

The pics they use on their website look like bubba kush and look nothing like ECSD. Anybody grown it? pics?

I can't determine if this company is just another scammer, they claim to have seeds of all of these elite clones but none of their plants or pictures look anything like what they are supposed to be.

Heusinomics

If you do a little research on the net, you will find that many of the Spanish seedbanks actually outsource breeding or are just reselling seeds. Pretty sure that Dinafem, HSO, Emerald triangle, MTG, all get their stock from California Breeders Association. Then they either re-sell, self, or make fem f1's and send them out the door. They have a great "hustle" and who I am to knock it. Jealousy seems to be the thing that causes all the drama over these seedbanks. There are great plants to be found, and many of the banks mentioned have shot out winners for me. As long a strain gives me what I'm looking for, I don't care who made it..........the world revolves around money. Once you realize this fact, and that these companies are doing what scores of us would love to do, you'll be a lot better off.
And then theres this

no its dinafem that makes seed for many many diff banks in eu, they just relabel, ect. They are out of spain
I have written in my notes that "humbolt seed org. Is the the American branch of DinaFem" I was never able to find it discussed openly by those involved.
Can anyone conferm this?

Iv def read that many dif banks use Spanish seed makers to outsource there beans. (Seed making on a large scale takes tuns of space, electric, and skilled growers to staff) making it a seemingly common practice that is rarely discussed, as it would b looked at as unfavorable my many of us consumers.?

I figured tho that HSO could b the sorce for cuttings like the chem,kush,gc exc.

Anyone know if there is a official partnership btwn HSO & Other Spanish/euro seeds hops?

psyphish

Veteran
Whats up with HSO's Amherst Sour Diesel?

The pics they use on their website look like bubba kush and look nothing like ECSD. Anybody grown it? pics?

I can't determine if this company is just another scammer, they claim to have seeds of all of these elite clones but none of their plants or pictures look anything like what they are supposed to be.

I've grown their ASD, I haven't grown a clone only diesel, but the ASD had a very strong smell that I could only describe as nutty diesel.

I have their 707 Headband re-vegging. Really strong citrus (and something else) smell, makes me sneeze. It was exactly as described, just like everything else I've tried from HSO.

Oh and comparing HSO to Dinafem is ridiculous, everything I've tried from Dinafem has been crap.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I've grown their ASD, I haven't grown a clone only diesel, but the ASD had a very strong smell that I could only describe as nutty diesel.

I have their 707 Headband re-vegging. Really strong citrus (and something else) smell, makes me sneeze. It was exactly as described, just like everything else I've tried from HSO.

Oh and comparing HSO to Dinafem is ridiculous, everything I've tried from Dinafem has been crap.

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/EHc5lbzl.jpg"]View Image[/URL]

I have their 707 Truthband going, and it looks awesome in the flower room. I also grew their Chemdawg. Oddly enough it looked just like the pic dankfrank posted of Chem3. The buds on mine weren't as big, but the structure/style of the buds was dead-on. Looked finished at 6 weeks, and buds never got any bigger than my thumb.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran

http://i.imgur.com/EHc5lbz.jpgView Image

It looks nice but it does not look like ECSD. HSO champions misleading advertising because by the name you'd assume it some kind of ECSD s1.

psyphish

Veteran
It looks nice but it does not look like ECSD. HSO champions misleading advertising because by the name you'd assume it some kind of ECSD s1.

Well, if you have access to american clone only strains, good for you. So far HSO's diesel strains have been the closest to what I imagine a real diesel to be like, completely different from Soma's NYCD for example.

And the quality is amazing considering I've never paid anything for HSO seeds, they've always been freebies. And they NEVER claimed the 707 Headband for example has any ECSD in it. They do claim OG Kush and honestly it's not all that different from other breeders OG crosses.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Well, if you have access to american clone only strains, good for you. So far HSO's diesel strains have been the closest to what I imagine a real diesel to be like, completely different from Soma's NYCD for example.

HSO is selling a name and nothing more, I have never seen anything come from them that actually looked like the clone they're named after.

They really serve no purpose other than to supply freebies. All seeds are basically distributed from Europe, so in reality you have access to the same genetics as they do in the US, it's what you choose to buy that makes the difference. From what I've seen HSO may produce decent looking plants but the genetics are a lie. I'd actually doubt that purple bud above smokes anything like a true Sour Diesel.

BadRabbit

HSO is selling a name and nothing more, I have never seen anything come from them that actually looked like the clone they're named after.

They really serve no purpose other than to supply freebies. All seeds are basically distributed from Europe, so in reality you have access to the same genetics as they do in the US, it's what you choose to buy that makes the difference. From what I've seen HSO may produce decent looking plants but the genetics are a lie. I'd actually doubt that purple bud above smokes anything like a true Sour Diesel.

I had several "hits" with some of both HSO and Dinafem freebies - yes, to the other poster, they are related companies, check out their websites, you'll see -

Critical + freebie provided very nice plants and a stinky as hell keeper, I found a very nice desert diesel plant that I still run today.

Anyway, I decided to do an HSO test to see what I could find ... still finishing a few of the remaining plants now, but I ran 5 fem seed packs of 707 headband, chemdawg, blue dream and lemon thai kush.

Without going into great detail ... germination and vigor was awesome, every singe seed (4x5 = 20 total) germinated and turned into a very vigorous plant. The consistency is pretty amazing too ... there were no "hay phenos" really ... every single plant grew out nicely and yielded frosty buds of varying sizes. If you buy seeds and don't clone, I'd recommend HSO stuff for it's consistency, you'll score a lot of smoke in every pack.

The next question is really "keepers?" ... that answer really depends on the grower since all the plants were pretty good and several deserved a second run. Many of these were plants that I would have gladly run multiple times some years ago.

But for me now ... I have about 6 keeper phenos of other lines that I clone into a continuous system. To make a "keeper" status in my garden, the bar is pretty high - not braggin', just sayin. I have been lucky a few times in the hunt.

Unilke the HSO freebies however, I didn't find any knockout/hands down keepers across any of the lines in this current test. Lot's of very nice plants, lot's of good smoke and "near misses".

Blue Dream was the closest/best of the bunch ... 5 of 5 were nice plants, 4 of 5 were borderline keepers at least. I have two that just finished, I'm thinking of rerunning them but haven't sampled the smoke yet ... they have some nice smell and nice big frosty buds, so we'll see.

The chemdawg seeds (again, only 5 fem's popped of each line) were uniform, nice plants, but uninteresting in general. As was the 707 headband. The Lemon Thai Kush was the biggest yielder probablty and produced some really impressive phenos, 2 of which I'm just finishing now and one of which might just go for a 2nd round.

That's my report ... sorry no photos to be posted, but I'd be happy to answer any questions ...

best,
rabbit

BadRabbit

Hey, if anyone's reading this, I wanted to update my results now that I've had a chance to dry and test these for real.

None of the blue dreams panned out (although they're close .... BD#7 is big yielding, frost covered, very potent plant ... just no distinctive flavor.)

The Lemon Thai Kush (LTK) ... surprise. 5 nice plants, big yielders too. LTK #4 finished just over 8 wks, moderate to good yielder, and it's got both a very nice kusy /haze-ish flavor and very good potentcy, touch of sativa up to the high.

LTK #1 grew big long spears of colas, hairier than I usually like, but pretty and lot's of yield. Took 10 weeks to finish from seed, although I'm hopingI can get it to 9 with clones .... very nice flavor, more haze/sativa in flavor and effect than #4, but probably the best overall.

Both of these phenos are heading to at least 2nd round ... I don't want to over state it, but I think those're really good results for the LTK ... 5 fem seeds, 5 nice plants, 2 keeper level phenos ...

Hope that's helpful for someone ...

BadRabbit

And I should add ... I was surprised to find the nice flavors because the smell/odor factor coming off the plants during grow was very moderate ... big plus to have a plant that doesn't soak the room and challenge the odor controls.

Latest posts

Latest posts