What's new

HQI's...

asde²

yes ninja and why do people with aquariums prefer very blueish light? right, because blue light isnt "filtered" by water as much as red light for example.. high cri lamps in aquariums are for colors and not for plants - when growing mj we dont want blue/green'ish spd - especially not if the efficiency is the same or lower we can have with a more red/yellow'ish spd

OP: think about it

NinjaCS

yes ninja and why do people with aquariums prefer very blueish light? right, because blue light isnt "filtered" by water as much as red light for example.. high cri lamps in aquariums are for colors and not for plants - when growing mj we dont want blue/green'ish spd - especially not if the efficiency is the same or lower we can have with a more red/yellow'ish spd

OP: think about it

Quite wrong. We require bluish lights because most coral we care for are deeper water coral (deeper then the measly 48" we can provide, generally up to 200 feet in the ocean), where thats the type of light they receive. On such a "shallow" recreation such as a fish tank, a bright 6500k spectrum doesnt give the proper light for most coral to grow and they will bleach and die. Coral also need spectrum in the 400-430 NM range.

Coral contain photosynthetic unicelluar algae calle zooxanthellae. They require certain things and not the full spectrum. Again, thats why I stated the info and testing was for bulbs that we use for our TANKS.

We also hang actinics over our tanks, as coral do require the light that actinics provide in the 430 NM range, and also make the corals "pop", since they interact with the zooxanthellae.

Again, as I said in my original post, I was not advocating for either type of bulb, I actually was leaning towards HPS bulbs as they produce by far the most lumens.

Cannarado

Notice how I purposely didn't try to steer you to the newest and best technology

LED's? Newest, yes. Best, lawl. Doubt that. Never really answered what you define as "Color corrected". Also, no light mimics the sun well enough. MH doesnt have the red, HPS doesnt have the blue. After that, the MH doesnt have enough UV, HPS zero. Put em in a reflector - you're back to zero UV. I dont believe lights can equal the quality of the sun, by a long shot.

@ Asde - So im thinking about it... and you just told me i dont want blue. Well, why is it we use metal halide? Oh yea... to get that vegative blue spectrum. Why do people drool over hortilux? Oh... cause they added BLUE to their hps.

G

guest456mpy

You are obviously posting to argue, not to truly discuss and mutually learn so I will leave you to to your imaginary world of being always correct. I have over 40 years of experience growing to share, yet I still learn from others every day. No-one can ever learn anything with the "I know it all already" attitude.

Have fun!

Cannarado

You are obviously posting to argue, not to truly discuss and mutually learn so I will leave you to to your imaginary world of being always correct. I have over 40 years of experience growing to share, yet I still learn from others every day. No-one can ever learn anything with the "I know it all already" attitude.

Have fun!

Lawl. Yea... i post simply to argue. Sure... cause i have that much time. You have so much to offer, yet neglect to answer a simple question. Sorry you disagree with my thoughts enough to just walk away - Or you're to much talk to back up.

I dont have a know it all attitude, seems that way, but you just arent convincing me of anything. I disagree with you and you're only reasoning is you're word that if i dont accept the first time, you give up. Good job.

Hey asde... ever had a fishtank? Goldfish even?

G

guest456mpy

Lawl. Yea... i post simply to argue. Sure... cause i have that much time. You have so much to offer, yet neglect to answer a simple question. Sorry you disagree with my thoughts enough to just walk away - Or you're to much talk to back up.

I dont have a know it all attitude, seems that way, but you just arent convincing me of anything. I disagree with you and you're only reasoning is you're word that if i dont accept the first time, you give up. Good job.
Even breeders like REZ and Dutchgrown have given me kudos for pics of my grows.
All I see from you are arguments, not just this thread, mind you. I am beginning to think you don't even grow, just spew things you've read partially.

Cannarado

Even breeders like REZ and Dutchgrown have given me kudos for pics of my grows.
All I see from you are arguments, not just this thread, mind you. I am beginning to think you don't even grow, just spew things you've read partially.

Congrats... ? Name drops dont impress me :laughing:

Good... dont think i grow. Im not here to prove myself. Not to mention its a 100% illegal thing to be doing. Its simply a learning experience. Talk is cheap, this is the internet after all.

Looks like this threads dead now. Thanks again NinjaCS :thank you:

G

guest456mpy

The dog ate your homework?

This thread was dead from the first post you made arguing with knowledgeable people who tried to help you.

NinjaCS

ninja i just stated the reason for the adjustments made by the nature, its not wrong

No worries. just wanted to make sure it was known i wasnt advocating for HQI, just offering experience I have with the bulbs and some numbers.