What's new

HP Stadium

S

shuswap

any more input on the 2 gallon pots and 4 shelves nfr? i will be building one 10 feet long with 4 shelves in the near future,going with 8 pots per shelf and they will all be topped,running one side 4 weeks ahead of the otherside and a nice veg area to grow and keep it perpetual,will be using pk to start and lui in the future as well as grapefruit,see what i can do...!

NFR

Since you are going perpetual I guess my suggestion of putting more plants in to start and removing a couple as they increase in size til you have the perfect amount of spacing and strong plant selection... is sort of moot. In 10 feet I have up to 12 plants and have had as little as 6 on bottom shelves. As long as you have the light intensity, you can crowd a little. It does add up to weight. Dont be affraid to trim away some bottom stuff. There is some waste this way but that makes good hash and oil.

Perpetual is the ultimate way if you have room to have a whole other vegging stage area. I never do but would be all over it if I could.

I'll be interested in seeing how you LUI does. I have some beans kicking around somehwere...

NFR

My bulbs are about aprox 20" from the ends and 22" apart(give or take). It is very condensed light. That is one of the biggest factors for weight in this system. I see people spreading them out further to try and maximize. As long as you don't get carried away. Eventually things stretch more and get a little fluffier...

NFR

NFR,

Thanks for the inspiration bro!!! Mr. Stinky turned me onto this thread, and I haven't looked back since. I was planning a 3.5' x 3.'5 flat garden in a spare beedroom, but since seeing this--all about the stadium.

I've pretty much copied your design, but my room is only 5' long (5' x 6.5' x 6.5').

I've read through all the posts here, and have made notes along the way. I want to get your input though: you think I'll be good with ONE 1K bulb for these diemensions?

I'm not quite sure...all I can say is my very first stadium was 6 feet long with 3 shelves. We vegged for an entire month with a Northern Lights strain and got an amazing six pounds. Those were the days where you could sell weed that would barely light but I imagine dried to 20% moisture it would have probably still weighed 5 pounds.

I say give it a shot. Something that small could probably be redesigned mid crop even. I've done that with bigger rooms with my shelf height. Move plants, get out screw gun.... your option could be increase room by a foot and add light or decrease and axe a couple of plants giving the remainder more intrense light. Hopefully it works out enough so that your adjustments can be made between runs.

Hoipe this helps guys.

S

shuswap

thyanxs for the info again and i will let you know how it goes,one question i have seen answered here and cant tell from your pics ,how do you hang your lights?im thinking of mounting the mogul to a box which is mounted to a 2x4,so all lights are mounted to this and easy to adjust,any pros or cons with this?

NFR

I just hang them from my center beam down the middle of the room. Hooks, wire, what ever works...

I try and keep them lever with my 3rd shelf...but thats with my dimensions.

stellarcollison

I'm not quite sure...all I can say is my very first stadium was 6 feet long with 3 shelves. We vegged for an entire month with a Northern Lights strain and got an amazing six pounds. Those were the days where you could sell weed that would barely light but I imagine dried to 20% moisture it would have probably still weighed 5 pounds.

I say give it a shot. Something that small could probably be redesigned mid crop even. I've done that with bigger rooms with my shelf height. Move plants, get out screw gun.... your option could be increase room by a foot and add light or decrease and axe a couple of plants giving the remainder more intrense light. Hopefully it works out enough so that your adjustments can be made between runs.

Hoipe this helps guys.

Appreciate it.
I've got the room framed out, and will be finishing it at the end of this month.

NFR, what size fan and filter do you run in the 10 x 6.5 x 6.5 room?

Nevermind man, I found it....

NFR

I'm running two 75's with 750 or 950 cfm's I think. They are above the rooms now since I've ditched the poly well over a year ago. Instead of the can on a shelf across the back I have some of my bigger plants. Works out well.

vancouverisland

I have 6.5 x 9ft and 8 or so ft hight. I currently have 2 1000w hps ballasts used as it was all i can afford. I am wondering how come you are buding with MH, I had been told hps budding mh for vegging. I am not a pro, this will be my second indoor but first real indoor for myself so I want to see what you think. I don't have much option now for this crop. hoping to pull it off well then 600w digital ballasts, 4 of them for the second crop so like your 4 but I was gonna get 600w digi's as the hydro I am concerned at keeping close to is was before growing. If I have this 6.5x9 should i deffinitely get one more 1000w. How much shelves and at what hights up for with 40 plants in this space, I think i'm getting 40 I hope anyways. Cheers, my next one should have more funding if this works out.

Also I am planning on only having 2 1000w bulbs till I can get the 600w bulbs then i will have 4 of them, because of the hydro and not changingit too much. So 6x9x 8 ft hight, 2 1000w bulbs first crop. should I have a board goin across from opposite sides of stadium at the ends of rooms making like a 4 sided stadium, but then I dunno how i'd get into the room Lol. This grow room is a room inside a room, with a bit of space for clones and mothers. not much space for them but plenty for that porpose

Last edited:

stellarcollison

I'm running two 75's with 750 or 950 cfm's I think. They are above the rooms now since I've ditched the poly well over a year ago. Instead of the can on a shelf across the back I have some of my bigger plants. Works out well.

two-75s w/750-950 per room? or one per room?

I'll eventually build to the 10 x 6.5 x 6.5, so I'm curious. I wanted to go a bit smaller at first to get a feel for it first.

Excellent thread. You guys are very inspirational...quick question, I have a 3' wide x 3' deep x 8' height closet. Can I do a stadium in that or is it to small? I have a 400w

NFR

Excellent thread. You guys are very inspirational...quick question, I have a 3' wide x 3' deep x 8' height closet. Can I do a stadium in that or is it to small? I have a 400w

That sounds too small to build something like this. Maybe other vertical options would work.

NFR

two-75s w/750-950 per room? or one per room?

I'll eventually build to the 10 x 6.5 x 6.5, so I'm curious. I wanted to go a bit smaller at first to get a feel for it first.

As you can see earlier in this thread I had one in each room. After I removed the poly, I suspended the cans above the rooms and used the space for plants instead.

NFR

I have 6.5 x 9ft and 8 or so ft hight. I currently have 2 1000w hps ballasts used as it was all i can afford. I am wondering how come you are buding with MH, I had been told hps budding mh for vegging. I am not a pro, this will be my second indoor but first real indoor for myself so I want to see what you think. I don't have much option now for this crop. hoping to pull it off well then 600w digital ballasts, 4 of them for the second crop so like your 4 but I was gonna get 600w digi's as the hydro I am concerned at keeping close to is was before growing. If I have this 6.5x9 should i deffinitely get one more 1000w. How much shelves and at what hights up for with 40 plants in this space, I think i'm getting 40 I hope anyways. Cheers, my next one should have more funding if this works out.

Also I am planning on only having 2 1000w bulbs till I can get the 600w bulbs then i will have 4 of them, because of the hydro and not changingit too much. So 6x9x 8 ft hight, 2 1000w bulbs first crop. should I have a board goin across from opposite sides of stadium at the ends of rooms making like a 4 sided stadium, but then I dunno how i'd get into the room Lol. This grow room is a room inside a room, with a bit of space for clones and mothers. not much space for them but plenty for that porpose

The MH use is well covered in this thread and I'm actually using Hortilux HPS now. It's a false assumption that MH are not good for flower. HPS are better but most people assume they will not do good with MH. I've seen almost 2 lbs a MH bulb too many times to remember with the cheapest MH bulbs, ballasts and ferts.

Do you mean 2 1000w bulbs over 9 feet long? If yes, that is weak on the light. I would think you will get fluffy buds and a lot of reaching. I also dont have a crystal ball and have never stretched my light like that so you may surprise me.

The light us

vancouverisland

Hi again NFR can you giver me an advice, I was thinking in my setup, 6.5x9ft 8 high I| would do 3 levels with wood planks across smaller to bigger size buckets for each level, about 1 ft or so higher than last floor. I can't do an nice like yours has wood strapping to put boards into, as \\i would not be abler to get into the space that way,so In a 1.5 ft space \I was only going to have the shortest level and keep a 1.5 ft spot where the second and third level don't block that spot, have one big plants that i just move each day to get into the middle to had water, turn and remove somne bad lower brasnches. \it leaves me about 4ft lenght by 20 inches in the middle of room in my levels are 10". Gonna use 2 gallot pots and veg for 2 mabye 3 weeks. 2-1000w lights spaced 3 ft apart in middle of the room. \\what do you thnk.

NFR

Hi again NFR can you giver me an advice, I was thinking in my setup, 6.5x9ft 8 high I| would do 3 levels with wood planks across smaller to bigger size buckets for each level, about 1 ft or so higher than last floor. I can't do an nice like yours has wood strapping to put boards into, as \\i would not be abler to get into the space that way,so In a 1.5 ft space \I was only going to have the shortest level and keep a 1.5 ft spot where the second and third level don't block that spot, have one big plants that i just move each day to get into the middle to had water, turn and remove somne bad lower brasnches. \it leaves me about 4ft lenght by 20 inches in the middle of room in my levels are 10". Gonna use 2 gallot pots and veg for 2 mabye 3 weeks. 2-1000w lights spaced 3 ft apart in middle of the room. \\what do you thnk.

I don't know what to think. I'm having a hard time visualizing. Two bulbs will work pretty good in those dimentions. If you could narrow it down to a question or questions, I could maybe help you better. The question of what I think....I think try it and tell us how it worked.:dance013:

vancouverisland

Ohk, sorry man. I was wondering what bulb you used in your earlier crop where you stated you had 2 1000w in stadium and got around 6 lbs, I just bought 2 new hps bulbs for the used ballasts i bought, wondering what I am not getting here, seeing as you are using MH bulbs for flowering?? I will get the hang of this forum business soon, got a bunch of used good lumber today to build my 3 lvel stadium, planning on vegging for 3-4 weeks and using 2 gallon pots, very excited...:thank you: I had thougt of an idea like this and then saw your's and i know its gonna be a good choice. cheers

NFR

Ohk, sorry man. I was wondering what bulb you used in your earlier crop where you stated you had 2 1000w in stadium and got around 6 lbs, I just bought 2 new hps bulbs for the used ballasts i bought, wondering what I am not getting here, seeing as you are using MH bulbs for flowering?? I will get the hang of this forum business soon, got a bunch of used good lumber today to build my 3 lvel stadium, planning on vegging for 3-4 weeks and using 2 gallon pots, very excited...:thank you: I had thougt of an idea like this and then saw your's and i know its gonna be a good choice. cheers

You need to understand that this thread was started a couple of years ago and at points throughout this period I've changed the way I'm doing things. The 2 bulb room was 1994......and those were Metal Halides. It was a long crop with a full month in Veg. I'm pretty sure this has been covered several times.

stellarcollison

As you can see earlier in this thread I had one in each room. After I removed the poly, I suspended the cans above the rooms and used the space for plants instead.

What are you usign instead of poly? I looked, but may have missed it.

I think when I went threw this thread the first time, I somehow missed like 10 pages in a row...

What sort of difference did you see when you mixed MH and HPS bulbs?

NFR

What are you usign instead of poly? I looked, but may have missed it.

I think when I went threw this thread the first time, I somehow missed like 10 pages in a row...

What sort of difference did you see when you mixed MH and HPS bulbs?

I removed the poly barrier...not replaced it.

When I used mixed bulbs it was like 15 years ago. I rerally wasnt into comparing things then. I used what I had and went with some oddball ideas. Like I said earlier, I've done well mixing them. I can't really give you more than that.