What's new

How's my no pH grow doing?

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
etncrew thanks for popping in. The jars are multi purpose for sure. I bought the clear plastic self locking containers but wasn't sure if the off gassing would effect the taste so I passed. I have seen others using them here so they're probably fine. My CR bags fit right over them that keeps the light out & gives them a little cushion.

38360az.jpg

I just happen to have a couple of those bags!

Can't seem to remember where they came from though!?!
lol good weed and whiskey what more could ya want? JS

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Downswing thanks for coming by. I don't need to pH but I not immune to those little bastards the spider mites. Yep my first time ever, luckily I noticed them before they could do major damage & get very well dug in. Taking pictures had me in the room more & I saw the white spots on the leaves. It happens very fast & they seem to be on the MH side the most & worked their way over to the HPS side. I didn't see anything on the plant that was recently harvested as posted. No snap, crackle or pop in the smoke either.

I'm not totally finished ridding my garden of these IMO. I'm controlling them until I'm finished with the 3 plants that are all being flushed at the moment the smallest one will be a little early, that'll leave me with the two tall girls in HPS I have soaped those two & will hit them again when I harvest the other three. That'll give me something I can easily work with. The guys with bigger gardens must go through hell with these.

I used a pump sprayer with very cold water on those 3 budders. Spraying can do as much damage as the mites as the buds get heavy & fall over so when I put them back under the lamps after 6 hour dry they're all lying on top of each other. I tied them upright together. Daily I spread out the buds & try to get them to stand up or move them to receive some light to finish the best they can. I sprayed all the lower areas with soap as well & left some pest strips in the shed. I turned my carbon filter off for 6 hours - always good to know if the filter works, I came back to the lovely aroma of weed growing & hopefully lots of dead mites.

All my Veggers have been soaped & will repeat that after the other 3 are harvested. One is turning into a huge bush & I will probably fill the MH side with that & maybe a tree style of one or two of the newer flavours to sex. The grow areas will be wiped down with bleach again. I really didn't see any damage in the Veg garden but they have to be treated as if they had mites. They seemed to like the soap of course they don't fall over having no bud weight & snapping the odd branch doesn't hurt. My mentor did suggest Einstein before bloom, that guy can grow. LoL

I'll get some pictures this weekend, they haven't complete fallen apart just not as photogenic as they should be. Did I tell you I have some new flavours coming & I need some Bloom room space.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Here's my spider mite arsenal along with the bleach & pest strips.
The jug of clear is some 99% ISO
38360sprayer11.jpg

The tall girls on the HPS side
38360youngbloom.jpg

I started using the DNF Fortifier - Very concentrated stuff.
38360youngbloom1.jpg

38360HPSoverview.jpg

38360freshb.jpg

Flushing this one, the buds are lying on each other.
38360HPSflush.jpg

38360flush.jpg

38360hpsbuds.jpg

Here's the MH side they received the most damage, any day soon they'll be harvested. I took a few of the larger buds off here.
38360MHflush.jpg

We must take care of business.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
This'll be the big gal I'll put in the MH side once I get those 2 flushers finished.
Here's the plants now Vegging. There's a few small ones in front of her but she's covering the back wall. Those couple of fresh lookers with the larger leafs in the foreground are the Siskaberries amongst some JFNLS & a couple Blueberry Skunks just getting on their way.
38360veggin.jpg

Last edited:

skylined

Sirgrassalot - This is a fantastic grow, especially since you don't bother with pH. You either have superb tap water or...that stuff doesn't matter as much as I seem to think. Your results are superb, especially under lower wattage lights as well. Rep to you man! A few other effective ways to control spider mites are neem oil (which usually isn't too phytotoxic) and higher levels of humidity (this can include simply misting). Great setup, definitely my sorta style! Hope all goes well.

Peace,
~Skylined

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
skylined Thanks for the K+ & dropping in on the grow. I have some Neem in my arsenal, I'll start using it as some insurance.

I harvested the 2 MH plants tonight. Here's some photos of the old gals.

38360c8.jpg

The bud from my labour.
38360c7.jpg

Holy macro robin.
38360c6.jpg

38360c5.jpg

38360c4.jpg

38360c3.jpg

One more ready under the HPS this week than another spray & wipe. I'll send in another to flower.

Hope you've enjoyed the photos.

Last edited:

skylined

I'm curious why you use MH and HPS in two seperate flowering areas. One doesn't usually see flowering under a MH unless its a CMH. Why not just use your 400 MH to veg your plants and get another HPS? The 430 Hortilux bulbs will work in a 400 ballast and give you a little extra blue spectrum. Looking good, and definitely enjoying the photos.

Peace,
~Skylined

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
skylined said:
I'm curious why you use MH and HPS in two seperate flowering areas. One doesn't usually see flowering under a MH unless its a CMH. Why not just use your 400 MH to veg your plants and get another HPS? The 430 Hortilux bulbs will work in a 400 ballast and give you a little extra blue spectrum. Looking good, and definitely enjoying the photos.

Peace,
~Skylined

They were all given to me, 2 - 400 MH's & 1 - 400 HPS. That's what started me growing. I bought the air cooled hood for the one MH to combat some soon to come heat in the shed. I also used only 2 lamps previously 1 - MH for veg & the HPS for bloom. I can divide my shed into 2 light proof rooms as I used to Veg & Bloom all in there but I needed to expand the grow. That's why there's a partial wall in the shed. I'd love more HPS lighting.

I'll be chopping the HPS plant tonight. I'll wipe out the air cooled tube as it seems to be getting dusty inside.

Last edited:
Yeah cleaning my air cooled tube is an occurance that happens every other week here. A true pain at times especially when other things are going along as well.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
-ShutterBug- said:
Yeah cleaning my air cooled tube is an occurance that happens every other week here. A true pain at times especially when other things are going along as well.

Hey ShutterBug thanks for coming by, I've been wanting to do this for a while but like you say we got things to do. I can't get me hand down far enough into the tube I'm wondering if maybe a feather duster would work. Gotta get me a boa on a stick. LoL I'll need to unscrew the duct clamp & go for it.

I've been meaning to get to your thread but these spiders got me working overtime. I will drop by & check out your grow. Damn abuse on my plants got me off my game adding to more screw ups. We'll be back on track soon.
:spank:

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
RenegadeRoots Thanks for dropping in I'm glad you guys are enjoying my grow.

Here's tonights harvest from under the HPS. I've not seen any mites alive but I'm staying on the game plan

38360d1.jpg

38360d2.jpg

38360d3.jpg

38360d4.jpg

38360d6.jpg

Harvest time again.
38360d7.jpg

38360d10.jpg

So I have the 2 tall girls left under the HPS side & 1 ready to enter bloom after another spray & clean.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
I did a first run QISO wash using no heat what so ever to evaporate the 99% - It takes a day or 2 at most. Very hard shinny piece of golden oil.
38360x31.jpg

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
our kid said:
:headbange amazing pics there sir
Kid I appreciate your visit. It'll only get better as I gain more experience in growing & photography. My 3 girls have had a rough beginning with all the spraying etc. burning tips & leaves under the lamps.

38360v2.jpg

38360v1.jpg

Last edited:

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Happy Victoria Day Weekend aka May 24.

Here's my bloomers tonight.
38360F4.jpg

I have the 2 older ones under the HPS.
38360F1.jpg

38360F.jpg

The girls are getting their strength back. Some are still leaning over.
38360F3.jpg

Here's the MH side, I may place her under the HPS when she's done stretching.
38360F2.jpg

38360F7.jpg

Lights On...
38360F5.jpg

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
I bring you a few shots from the HPS tonight. Just fed & watered the MH plant & straightened out some branches. These were water & fed yesterday & they're both on the DNF Fortifier.

38360cc.jpg

38360cc2.jpg

38360cc4.jpg

38360cc5.jpg

They'll come through in the end.

Last edited: