How/Why did you start growing?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Cash & Avaliability

And how.. Via the book indoor marijuana horticulture by by J?.Cervantes
Purple cover [1999] read cover too cover

I read that book too, but it didn't help me nearly as much as a couple articles on ICMAG. Some of the best are in my signature, and especially A Perfect Cure Every Time

Growing's easy. Curing cannabis requires skill and for that, A Perfect Cure Every Time is required reading.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
I started growing when I realized how hard it was for a 50 something suburbia professional male to find pot dealers.

Croptober

It all started when I was 18 after I got my card. I wanted to see if I could grow a plant and its been game on ever since then.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
for some people… if you try it once… and just get a few grams… it becomes a challenge…
that's when grow journals are started… serious research :)… hours spent on icmag reading…
good or bad results, either way, it means more research is needed…

p.s.- excellent thread, Phatlewtz, thanks for starting it! Cheers!

Phatlewtz

for some people… if you try it once… and just get a few grams… it becomes a challenge…
that's when grow journals are started… serious research :)… hours spent on icmag reading…
good or bad results, either way, it means more research is needed…

p.s.- excellent thread, Phatlewtz, thanks for starting it! Cheers!

Thx jf..was always curious what drove us all to similar paths...my wife used to tell me to quit wasting my time because if it was so easy everyone would be doing it....as it turns out it's that easy :dance013:

N

NoSocSlic

Great thread!!!

Great thread!!!

I grew my first plant ever just a short year and a half ago. I had been reading up on the subject, and learned that you can grow weed with CFL's. I said to myself, "no fucking way." I popped 5 bagseeds, and kept one. I ran 12/12 from seed with one 23w CFL in my closet. The plant yielded me a whopping 2 grams!! BUT it tasted great, and I was hooked.

I joined up on ICmag and studied diligently. I kept popping beans keeping one at a time. Grew a couple males then finally got another female.

I ran it under 3 23w CFLS on a power strip. I was dumb and harvested early at 6 weeks. I got a half ounce of some sub par bud, but was oddly thrilled about it, seeing as it was still better than the seeded crap I was paying for.

I am on my third plant now, starting week 9 of flower. It is quite the pleasant little bush. I am still using bagseed and CFL's... 125w worth. It looks to be enough to get me around an ounce, and I don't know if I've ever been so excited in my life!

It's hilarious to me. I've become a mad scientist of sorts. I keep all my bagseed separated in little homemade paper envelopes. I probably have over 100 seeds all categorized. I write notes on them so I can remember what it was, where I got it, how it smoked, smelled, tasted, the kind of high I got from it. I have a little ghetto rigged system now. Future breeder in the works????? LMAO...
Thanks for the thread, this one made me happy!

N

noyd666

:biggrin: can remember mr green way back, but grew to supplement the lousy pension etc, plenty o smoke about and I just love doing the OUTLAW GIG.

Johnnyseed

My wife Loves to smoke. Quantity, quality price and peace of mind. It makes financial sense.

If only our Gov't seen it this way. Marijuana should be recreational and medical in all states.

...maybe I should just move B.C. (b Columbia)