What's new

How/when to use Liquid KoolBloom

wow........... :rasta:

so you think basically they aren't really doing anything? Or possibly over fertilizing? I always do a two week flush with just fresh water.....seems to ripen them up beautifully and I get a clean smoke....but you think I could eliminate the kool blooms or replace them with something else?
BTW.....I follow the Gh advanced recirc schedule and use the following...

3 part GH stuff
floralicious bloom
kool bloom dry
kool bloom liquid,
and a drop of superthrive per gallon

Last edited:

ConceptOfSleep

evlme2 said:
Can anybody decipher why the powder has N but the liquid doesnt? Seems contradictory to give my plants N in the last weeks of flower.

I honestly can't quite figure it out either... Like Highroad said, the amount of N is very small if given at the recommended dose.

However that is the exact reason I use the Liquid and not the powder... I dont like to give them ANY N from about week 5 on and the 0-10-10 seems to work wonders in making my buds really swell. I have been thinking about running a Side-by-Side using my formula with Liquid KB and giving them the traditional Lucas formula from start to finish, and see how much of a difference it really makes

:joint:

Last edited:

high road

I don't have a preferred nutrient I use. I mix it up. :)

When growing hydroponically I use a good 3 part( they are all good, gh, h&g, bc, ces, etc.), with minimal addatives. Maybe a rooting stimulator in the beginning to get the roots established, and that's it.

When growing in soil/soilless I use organics with lots of microbes. Organics you can use dry products or ready to use liquids. If I go the dry route, I like the BOG mix of bone meal/blood meal a lot, I also like using guano's, kelp powders, and lime. When using liquids I make sure and find something that is certified organic with a good balance of nutrient.

Either method, the the key to growth rates and yield is proper environment and balanced nutrient, not pk boosts.

high road

Ammonium Phosphate products are formed by reacting high grade phosphoric acid with ammonia under controlled conditions. The resulting solution contains both nitrogen and phosphorus.

Please do not misinterpret my posts. Pk boosts are fine products if used properly. I wanted to highlight the fact that if you do decide your plants would benefit from bolstering phosphorus and potassium in flower, ONE pk boost, not two would suffice. There is no reason to have two versions of the same product in your garden. That is marketing at it's finest.:)

Last edited:
ive done the organic route and have noticed that your final blooms are going to depend a lot on genetics. I didnt use any boosters. All i used was bone meal, liquid kelp, and molasses for flower. I had a small short indica far from my lights that produced rock hard nugs. much harder than my taller sativa dominant strain that was nice and fluffy but still compact. The hard nugs were picked early as well and still were to the point that i could not compress the nugs with my fingers. I do believe and want to see some of these advantages with the pk boosters but i am skeptical.

peace