What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to test a driver?

Mattbho

20230810_084631.jpg Scored this bad boy fir 20$ at the bin store . Want to know if it works BEFORE buying leds . I have a few digital testers with ohm amp volt ect .

120v Canadian plug has 3 wires white black ground
So I think it wires like this on Input side
Black to brown (acL)
White to blue (acN)
Ground to ground

Output im unsure of . I know i could get dc voltage . With these red and black. But I think I have to move one for amps
20230810_090643.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I would be very careful with that because someone may have discarded it. due to problems.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
To check amps you could use a 10A fuse (or even blow the fuse in your multimeter, if you have a spare), but if it gave you 48V, there is 99% chance it will work. Cause the voltage regulation part is the most sensible part of it, so if it works, i would consider it good.

Latest posts

Latest posts