What's new

how to set your EC analysing the run off

vagator333

Big hello to all Ganja Mates,
Here's my first thread guys. I've been running an outdoor garden succesfully in the past and a couple of season on my balcony but now I am planing to switch to indoor witch is a totally a new topic for me.
Thanks to all your experiances mates :tiphat::tiphat:I'm picking since a while really interesting info on all forums.
I've been reading some time ago several post(witch I'm not able to find back) regarding the way to tune the PH & EC of your soup checking the run off of your pot to aim stable values .
Thanks in advance mates :pimp3:
Hi "best high" for all

vagator333

In fact guys I just realise that I forgot to ask you THE Question...... Hue! Too much clouds in that kitchen!!!! So here it is :
Could you Friends help me in that Ec Ph issue ?
BOM

C

Carl Carlson

what medium are you planting in?

I think you'll find a coco coir product to be pH stable, but either way if it's soilless (coir, perlite, peat moss, etc.), than I would suggest starting here:

http://www.agr.state.nc.us/agronomi/release/9-09mitchell.htm

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/floriculture/crop/crop_PTS.htm

If you test the runoff directly from and immediately after waterfeeding the plant than I think your testing more of or perhaps only the irrigation water (isn't that why it's called runoff?) instead of the actual medium. It's the pH and EC of the medium that you are after right?

If it's a soilless grow, than the alkalinity (acid buffering capacity) of the water supply and the type of nitrogen in your fertilizer will have much more of an impact on the medium pH than the nutrient water pH.

more on that here: http://extension.unh.edu/agric/AGGHFL/pHarticl.pdf

and elsewhere if you want more files along those lines, I have them links saved.

vagator333

Hi Carl many thanks for stopping by over here Mate
Very interesting and usefull links about a very important issue although the second link seems to be not valid anymore.
In fact my question was not exactly related to the medium Ec & Ph but rather to how to get stable Ec & Ph values of your soup with a recirculating syst. after many watering cycles all along the week.
I don't have yet chosen what medium I'll use cause I need more infos but anyway let's speak about an ebb and flow bucket syst. with Hydroton.
I've read on diff. posts that you can tune your Ec according to the appetite of your girls analysing the Ec& Ph values of the run off ( drain of the pots driven back to your tank )after a couple of waterfeeding cycles.
It was explained that the goal is to get stable values which proves you 've found the balanced level of nutes to feed the girls according to their need in a moment of the growing life.
The question is how to alter the composition of your soup according to the different possible situation as Ph raises or drops or the same with Ec
Thanks for your help and contribution
:pimp3:
Hi "best high" to all

C

Carl Carlson

My mistake in understanding your post.

That is not a system I have experience with, but someone will reply that does.

Latest posts

Latest posts