What's new

How to properly mix Neem Oil pictorial

Lunchmoney

I bought a fogger on ebay. Mites are on underside of leaves. Hard to kill eggs of spider mite and harder for broad mites. Have to spray every 3 to 5 days, due to hatching of eggs. To avoid neem smell could use azamax same as neem. I have just drenched for 3rd time for spider mites with green cleaner. Will check leaves in a few days. Early on I would use this, also recommend his cloning method. He goes overboard, but gets results - https://www.icmag.com/threads/snype...r-mites-broad-mites-with-100-neem-oil.268114/
Is this safe on buds? I’m not at all worried of smell I actually kinda like Neem. I just don’t want to do this if it will affect final product.

Somatek

Is this safe on buds? I’m not at all worried of smell I actually kinda like Neem. I just don’t want to do this if it will affect final product.
Spraying systemic pesticides during flowering isn't a great idea as there's little research about safe pesticides to use on a crop that's burned/inhaled. Spraying with a simple contact spray (alcohol diluted in water is the simplest) would be safer or using predator insects.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I would not use neem within 30 days of harvest, myself. Green cleaner is just alcohol and soybean oil to smother them. I would use that to knock them back fast. Venerate is expensive, but worth it. Maybe split it with some other local growers. That I would use up till harvest. Green cleaner claims safe right till harvest.

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran
Spraying systemic pesticides during flowering isn't a great idea as there's little research about safe pesticides to use on a crop that's burned/inhaled. Spraying with a simple contact spray (alcohol diluted in water is the simplest) would be safer or using predator insects.
Is there a percentage of alcohol to water where you have seen damage?? Shouldn't it only be applied at night? Green cleaner says only at lights out, but not sure if for alcohol or other ingredients.

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran
GH has a new product to be used with other miticides to improve their efficacy. It is called Prevasyn and basically garlic oil and Capsicum Oleoresin (hot as hell pepper extract). Supposed to thin their shell, prevent them eating and mating by making them miserable and moving around a lot so more likely to come in contact with miticide.

Gar Mendia

GH has a new product to be used with other miticides to improve their efficacy. It is called Prevasyn and basically garlic oil and Capsicum Oleoresin (hot as hell pepper extract). Supposed to thin their shell, prevent them eating and mating by making them miserable and moving around a lot so more likely to come in contact with miticide.
Are you sure it's spelled prevasyn? I can find it on amazon

Loc Dog

Veteran
Are you sure it's spelled prevasyn? I can find it on amazon
It is on e-bay. I had checked Amazon and they do not carry yet. Can get info on general hydroponics site. 5 pints treats an acre, so not much needed. A lot of warnings, since concentrated very spicy pepper oil. Best I could figure, is about 2ml to treat 4 X 8 tent once. They suggest once a week for IPM but they are trying to sell product.

Somatek

Is there a percentage of alcohol to water where you have seen damage?? Shouldn't it only be applied at night? Green cleaner says only at lights out, but not sure if for alcohol or other ingredients.
I don't use alcohol often quite honestly as I rarely have to deal with bugs in my flower room, to be honest it came to mind as someone had mentioned it earlier in the thread. I've used it long ago and found it had limited use but that's just as likely related to my inexperience at the time. I'm more likely to personally use predator insects over spraying in flowering but the other person seemed focused on spraying pesticides. Which to me is the last line of defense, I focus on cultural practices and overall plant health as the main IPM, only using general pesticides at times when pathogen pressure is higher. Like fall when bugs are looking for warm places to over winter and the humidity is both higher and prone to big swings creating the ideal conditions for PM growth. Once winter has settled in I generally stop spraying assuming the rooms clean and stable, as long as pathogens are managed and you consciously mitigate cross contamination.

Somatek

Interesting, does it specifically say it can be used on flowering plants or is it meant as a preventative during veg? You could easily add more to the neem/potassium bicarbonate mixture but I'd be very careful about testing the brix before/after when making more complex DiY pesticides as you risk increasing the phytotoxicity. It'd be interesting to see if soaking neem oil with garlic, hot peppers. tobacco (clean of TMV of course) would increase the effectiveness without significantly affecting the phytotoxicity. If I wasn't fixated on building a better bubble hash washer already it'd be a good distraction.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Interesting, does it specifically say it can be used on flowering plants or is it meant as a preventative during veg? You could easily add more to the neem/potassium bicarbonate mixture but I'd be very careful about testing the brix before/after when making more complex DiY pesticides as you risk increasing the phytotoxicity. It'd be interesting to see if soaking neem oil with garlic, hot peppers. tobacco (clean of TMV of course) would increase the effectiveness without significantly affecting the phytotoxicity. If I wasn't fixated on building a better bubble hash washer already it'd be a good distraction.
I might get 4 ounces and test. Hopefully I will be rid of them soon, but bought clones recently and had 2 spot spider mites, and fan spread them. One variable for people trying to make themselves is the Capsicum Oleoresin comes in 250K to 16 million scoville and they do not say that on label.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts