What's new

How to make hash oil manageable

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Use 190 proof ethanol instead or even ever clear. "[/FONT]

In reality, it's the Ethanol that get denatured.

Potable alcohol is fine, Everclear is excellent.
But clean, 180 proof, ethanol is universally denatured, I had to re-distill mine from Everclear.

All Ethanol that does not have liquor tax stamp on it, is denatured.
There are several different denaturing chemicals and they are all bad news, except for methanol which can be separated, though not easily.
I suggest that you google them.
Aloha, and play safe.

Weeze (Just some guy on the web)
:tiphat:

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I have known about the differences of THC and THCA but never understood how to produce THC(A) respectively.

Decarboxylation in simple terms is the introduction of heat, which releases a carbon chain and gives birth to THC, the psychoactive component of marijuana.

How do you extract THCa without the introduction of heat? I am interested in iso washes as I have a large quantity of material and these solvents are readily available; 91%+ on the shelfs.

My main question is how long can THCa in the form of oil remain none psychoactive before it starts to break down and release Co2, converting into THC?

With all of my ISO washes, I have followed videos presented by Rick Simpson. Using alcohol and low heat rice cookers to evaporate the solvent. But what if no heat is ever introduced and the solution is placed alone to evaporate statically? Maybe a fan blowing across it, but no heat?

When doing my ISO washes, I have noticed glands not dissolving off the plant. I dont understand why a quick wash is standard? I have taken raw plant material and placed it in 90% iso for 90 seconds and majority of the glands still remain on the plant after examining it. Why is a quick wash considered the best if little to no heat is used to evaporate the solvent?

I know there are a lot of question here but I have a uncle whom I love very much suffering terribly from alzheimer's and this is something I want to give him which is why I desire only THCa.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have known about the differences of THC and THCA but never understood how to produce THC(A) respectively.

Decarboxylation in simple terms is the introduction of heat, which releases a carbon chain and gives birth to THC, the psychoactive component of marijuana.

How do you extract THCa without the introduction of heat? I am interested in iso washes as I have a large quantity of material and these solvents are readily available; 91%+ on the shelfs.

My main question is how long can THCa in the form of oil remain none psychoactive before it starts to break down and release Co2, converting into THC?

Start with freshly dried trim or bud right after harvest, extract with cold isopropanol (I use 99%) or Everclear 190, and purge without heating if you want mostly THCa.

I don't know how long it takes for decarboxylation to occur with oil, but it should be easy to stop if you keep it in a sealed container in the freezer. Bud and trim will have less THCa and more THC after curing for just a few weeks.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Start with freshly dried trim or bud right after harvest, extract with cold isopropanol (I use 99%) or Everclear 190, and purge without heating if you want mostly THCa.

I don't know how long it takes for decarboxylation to occur with oil, but it should be easy to stop if you keep it in a sealed container in the freezer. Bud and trim will have less THCa and more THC after curing for just a few weeks.

Can I use raw plant material that is still fresh, none dried?

Latest posts

Latest posts