What's new

~ How to ~ Germ and sprout seeds

ambr0sia

sugabear_II said:
Otherwise if you have the luxury to check every day you can just hand water the j7 pellets as needed and make sure to drain the excess water off. You can let the j7 pellets just get dry on the outside edges before re-wetting.

sugabear_II said:
good airflow is important if you've got them in a cabinet or something - but if they're just under a desk lamp with a cfl they will do fine.

Right now I do have the "everyday" luxury, so I've just taken the easy route and let them set in the lil' greenhouse tray that came with my J7s, top on and all - I open it up and breath in every four hours or so to keep the airflowin' good., and will probably remove the top altogether once they have a week or so of growing done.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
chubbynugs said:
Did you use rockwool too FB?
Yes. Easy to use, impossible to screw up and cheap.

Heres my latest crop. CannaBioGen's Destroyer. A Thai, Mexican, and Columbian Sativa.

Dampened with pH tap water and GH FloraMicro and FloraBloom @ 1/4 tsp/gal each. Seeds planted sideways. Domes well vented at top and raised at the bottom to avoid dangerous RH levels yet retain cube moisture. Cubes dampened at top once each day and removed at the first sign of life.

Clockwise from left: Amy (still asleep here), Beth, Jo and Meg. No Amy in shot 2.

dotblunt

All I can say is this thread is going to save me a whole bunch of hassle. I am going through a situation right now where peatpots dried out on the bottom and killed off my tap roots so I've switched back to rockwool and will use this method.

Very nice!

DB

PS-Like Freezerboy's thing too, may try that as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts