What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to Garden By The Moon

*Lola*

well once i heard i would be issued a pair of Walther .45 autos and these cool holsters (see avatar), I could not resist.

You know after I invented G13 down at U of Miss, the govt wanted me to go in Afghanistan and retrieve some rare seedstock and grow some new strains for em.

Now I didn't say which govt. did I ? mwahahahaha.

jalajaslet

Lola, I am so glad your back. hasnt been da same without you.. am asking in all humboltness and with fingers crossed. will you be starting the moon garden planting updates again this growing season.... Im still subscribed...
Jayla

smokefrogg

Veteran
Lola, I am so glad your back. hasnt been da same without you.. am asking in all humboltness and with fingers crossed. will you be starting the moon garden planting updates again this growing season.... Im still subscribed...
Jayla

that would be awesome, if lola is able to...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
anyone have a listing for this month?

(or could anyone tell me which of the symbols on the link above is specific to us?)

cheers
j

F

ForbiddenFruit

anyone have a listing for this month?

(or could anyone tell me which of the symbols on the link above is specific to us?)

cheers
j

Jaime, in the link above, if you scroll down, just below the calender, there is a legend indicating which symbol means what. I didn't notice this legend either, it took me several minutes to find it.

If you need to plant seed really soon, I would wait and plant anywhere from the 6th to the 9th, with the 8th and 9th being most suitable, without waiting for the end of the month.

*Lola*

sorry don't have a current edition of Llewellyn's Moon Sign book.

I haven't checked out the above link, but just cuz there is a website don't make them correct. Check to see they are using the tropical zodiac, not the real time one that is used by Farmer's Almanac and most published sites. This inaccurate moon guide can lead you into ruin.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
I would say start germinating, but it's more or less the same. That's the way I did it anyway, had good results. Guess you could put them to germ a day or two earlier, to get the seedlings/sprouts to really get moving in those waxing days, but it would be a guess.

Cranberry

plant / germinate depends on your style.

I like to plant right into a six pack then after i have my second set of leafs i transplant into gallon pots.

Some like to put seeds between moist paper towels in a zip lock on the water heater for 12-18 hrs then plant.

and so on....

:tiphat:

smokefrogg

Veteran
been waiting a day or 2 after the new moon to do any planting or transplanting

re seed germination, i just pop the seed into the dirt, to me that counts as planted

i've got several transplants that are going to happen this weekend, even some non herb related ones (mango tree, avocado tree, some strawberries)

smokefrogg

Veteran
...anyone else doing some planting, transplanting, taking of clones etc. this weekend? just happened to get some seeds in the mail just in time wheee!