What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Buy A Car?

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
if asking 15k at the lot i would personally offer 11-12k cash and pay them in cash no1 will say where the money come from. matter of fact all you'll hear is nice doing bussiness with ya Mr. your name lol. in the past ive paid 8500 cash at a car lot

D

daisy jane

I'm too lazy to read everyone else's posts but here is my two cents...

When my dad worked at a car dealership, it was standard procedure to call the police immediately if someone offered to pay cash.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Chamba said:
TNT...lol....do you really think that some one like you who buys a car every 4 years can out smart pros who do it every day of the week?.....you'd have more chance trying to challenge a professional boxer to a fist fight lol.

Not Young Here in terms of Young accountants,Plus I hold ALL the Cash when Buying A Car.Heed My Advice..It's a Good One :headbange:

Chamba said:
the only reason you bought a 18K car for 11k is because it was an old stocker and they couldn't wholesale it anywher for near 11K...they were probably happy to clear that old stock boy racer with cobwebs off the lot at any price!...even if they had to respray it....is the paint peeling off yet?

Hey,,,That Same Dealership went through a New Management Change Because They Were not Smart AND Putting Those SpiderWEbS in ALL Of their Cars on the lot..Just rubbing in the dust with a dry cloth. ...... HAHA... $35-45,000 Cars with Big Swirl Marks..Add 35 of those same Cars..plus ADD The Whole Lot..400 Cars with scratched Paint Jobs ..3 Million dollars Worth of SpiderWebs Cars. No Wonder they Wouldn't Paint it or anything

I Kept my Car Clean and tricked some parts out.Great Resale Value.

Brand New Dodge,Chrysler Cars ..Big Dealership.Phucking Stupid idiots.

After paying the car off in 3 years...I wreck it and get $4500 for it. Not a Bad Deal from the Get-Go.

Who Wouldn't buy a 2 year or 3 year old car with no Miles on it and get a kick azz cheap deal and beats Corvettes in corners? Put me down for One!

Heed This Advice Too !! :muahaha:

Last edited:
B

Bubble Puppy

No ,matter what price they come up with ,have your set price ,state it to them ,and if they can't meet it ,walk away .

You would be surprised how often you will get a call ,with a counter offer ,or an agreement to your price...happens alot..

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
ToKEN said:
what kind of car is it?

1999 RT Dodge Neon Competition 2 door Coupe

The Neon used in (and winning) stock car competitions, the R/T performance Neon is a race car that anyone can afford. It houses the twin-cam 2.0-liter, 150-hp I4 with a 5-speed manual transmission, a sports-tuned suspension,KYB, steering, and springs, and front and rear anti-sway bars, you'll make quite an impression stopped at a traffic light. Striping, R/T badges, and interior leather trim complete the package.

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Dodge/review/1999-dodge-neon/3660/

^^ Review For $11,100 Out the door 2 years old,no miles

I'll send a pic...But uploading is down for now..Heres the Wallpaper

http://www.netcarshow.com/dodge/1998-neon_rt/800x600/wallpaper_01.htm

vinivici

you'd be best off buying it from a private party and convince him to reduce the sale price on paper.

i tried buying my kid a car in cash the dealership told me because of homeland security they arent allowed to accept more than 10k in cash.

just a heads up :)
keep it green and keep it safe.

Blest_1

TNTBudSticker said:
1999 RT Dodge Neon Competition 2 door Coupe

The Neon used in (and winning) stock car competitions, the R/T performance Neon is a race car that anyone can afford. It houses the twin-cam 2.0-liter, 150-hp I4 with a 5-speed manual transmission, a sports-tuned suspension,KYB, steering, and springs, and front and rear anti-sway bars, you'll make quite an impression stopped at a traffic light. Striping, R/T badges, and interior leather trim complete the package.

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Dodge/review/1999-dodge-neon/3660/

^^ Review For $11,100 Out the door 2 years old,no miles

LOL...you sound like a salesman yourself there.

Last edited:
How to buy a car 101

How to buy a car 101

Here is how you buy a car:

1) Everything a car salesman says is a lie. They are complete scum. Hell, crack dealers have more integrity
2) Do not lease a car. Get approved for a fixed-rate, fully amortized car loan with a maximum term of 5 years from your BANK!. NEVER get financing through a car lot. You will ALWAYS get a worse deal from the lot, no matter what.
3) Establish the 2 following parameters to identify what cars you should and should not buy: the most you can pay, the maximum number of miles on the car (I recommend 70,000 miles, max)
4) Stay away from any American car- they are garbage. Yes, they are. Buy Japanese or German cars: Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti or Honda. No Volkswagens!
5) Research cars you want to buy on Kelly Blue Book's Web Site, kbb.com, AutoTrader.com, Ebay Motors, etc. so you get a feel for the level of car you can afford and within the miles you want. And an idea of what a fair price will be for the car you want.
6) Factor in what Comprehensive and Collision insurance with $500 deductibles will cost: shop around, don't waste your time calling insurance companies that advertise on TV (The General, Titan, Safe Auto, etc). They are expensive. Go with the big-name insurers that advertise in the yellow pages. Get a quote from more than one agent when you decide on the car you want; get the VIN for an accurate quote.
7) Develop a list of the makes and models of cars you want/can afford, then go to dealers' web sites and search their inventory by mileage and price. If you see a car that meets your criteria, go look at it.
8) When you find a car you like, tell the dealer you want a mechanic to inspect it. Find a mechanic beforehand that can give a pre-purchase inspection. They cost $50-$100 and are WELL worth the money. If the dealer won't let the car get inspected by a mechanic of your choice, tell him to FUCK OFF and walk.
9) If you get a good report from the mechanic, take the car back to the dealer, negotiate a price and buy the car. If you get a bad report, return the car and walk.
10) If the dealer won't make a deal, then walk and go to a dealer with the car and price you want.

Don't buy from a Buy Here Pay Here lot, or any lot that has a garage on-site. There is a reason why they have a garage: the cars they sell constantly break down! Don't buy from lots geared towards "helping" people get a car. They are high-priced and sell crap cars. Go to an actual car dealer's used lot. I've also heard to stay away from some of the mega used-car-only dealers. Not sure about that one, though.

As mentioned before, do NOT pay for a car with cash. Get it financed and pay the car payments with the money you currently have. It will keep you under the radar and build your credit rating.

Also do NOT deposit or withdraw $10,000 or more into/from a bank; don't get cute and deposit $9999.99, or two, $5000 deposits with a week or two of each other, either. That will get you reported to the IRS and LEO.

Feel free to put 10-20% down on the car (keeping below the $10,000 limit) without raising any red flags. Pay for the down payment in one cashier's check.

Enjoy!

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
the little 1999 RT Dodge Neon would look so cute in the bed of my 1964 ford F100 4x4 truck with 1971 429 ci engine. could haul it out to the race track lol break out the tire ramps drive it off bed of truck run it race it. load it back on truck drive back home he he i could haul that car in my trucks bed n/p 70 mph down the highway