What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to brick/compress weed? Any advise is greatly appreciated

mexweed

Veteran
I lightly compress buds by rolling them up in a paper bag after trimming and before jarring, first they dry on a rack for 48 hours, trim, 24 more hours on the rack, 12 hours rolled up in the bag, then I break the clump up into a single layer with the bag laying down and the top pinched and folded but still with an opening for 12 hours, let them sit out for a couple hours on the rack and into jars

After the clump is separated and by the time they go into jars they are dry enough that they would no longer clump together but still have some inner moisture that has to be cured out, if I were to make a brick I would not break the clump up and let it sit out on the rack for an additional 48 hours, then check the fresh green moist smell and vacuum seal when that smell has disappeared

Prs2xs

I lightly compress buds by rolling them up in a paper bag after trimming and before jarring, first they dry on a rack for 48 hours, trim, 24 more hours on the rack, 12 hours rolled up in the bag, then I break the clump up into a single layer with the bag laying down and the top pinched and folded but still with an opening for 12 hours, let them sit out for a couple hours on the rack and into jars

After the clump is separated and by the time they go into jars they are dry enough that they would no longer clump together but still have some inner moisture that has to be cured out, if I were to make a brick I would not break the clump up and let it sit out on the rack for an additional 48 hours, then check the fresh green moist smell and vacuum seal when that smell has disappeared
Sounds like an excellent way to do a nice slow dry/cure (as long as you aren't dealing with a large volume)!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
For years now, I have used a tool called Jack Puck, which is a bottle jack and a mold that allows you to pack in about 40-45 g per load, and compress with about 2 ton pressure. You end up with 2" square by 3/4" thick "pucks", which I then vacuum seal and store in the freezer. I can pull them out 5 yrs later and they are as good as the day they went in. I use a sharp knife to carve off what I want to roll, and scissor it up, and it burns fantastic. Highly recommended!
Completely solved my previous storage problems- and if you don't freeze the vacuum packs, it carries on a fermentation over time, effectively turning it into something like a cob ( see Tangwena's thread on cobbing)!
You could do this with kief right?

Prs2xs

You could do this with kief right?
Yes-it compresses to a very hard hash if the keif is of good quality. My press makes 2" x 2" square pucks, by up to 1" thick.
Here is some flower I have been carving on.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_38c4.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_38c4.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
Sounds like an excellent way to do a nice slow dry/cure (as long as you aren't dealing with a large volume)!

It's something I developed due to low humidity, the bags slow drying a bit but also have absorption/drying qualities, when the buds get scrunched overnight some of the inner moisture rehydrates the outer edges

Latest posts

Latest posts