What's new

How times have changed

OldPhart

I am so loving getting my grow on again! I have been completely out of the scene for over 10 years, and haven't even smoked in around 5 years. But as soon as it was legal where I happened to be, I knew I had to get some plants growing. :biggrin: That is when I stumbled upon ICMAG, it is just amazing the amount of knowledge out there now, with just the click of a mouse. When I was figuring this hobby out, you paid for your knowledge, in stupid purchases and dead plants. There is really not any reason that any average person that does a bit of homework, couldn't get some decent smoke out of their first run. That is such a cool thing, but I don't think I would trade in my years of tinkering for a weeks worth of studying.

Sorry, just some random thoughts.... and not even stoned LOL

OP

Floridian

Veteran
I am happy for you bro there is nothing like growing your own!My first few months on the first website I frequented,I had so many dozens of questions and I wanted immediate answers if you know what I mean.That is where the search button came in so handy.I would just sit and think about this and that and before you knew it,the answers were there in black and white.Theres nothing like real time communications,But Ill tell you I learned a lot more from doing searches those first few months than submitting my questions in real time.The search is a great asset I must have used it 50 times a day

St. Phatty

I am so loving getting my grow on again! I have been completely out of the scene for over 10 years, and haven't even smoked in around 5 years. But as soon as it was legal where I happened to be, I knew I had to get some plants growing. :biggrin: That is when I stumbled upon ICMAG, it is just amazing the amount of knowledge out there now, with just the click of a mouse

In the 1980's, a person could sit in bookstores and read Ed Rosenthal's grow books.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
In the 1980's, a person could sit in bookstores and read Ed Rosenthal's grow books.

Books-a-Million here in Tennessee still has them on the shelf. we ARE behind the times in many aspects of modern living. we (for the most part) DO now have indoor plumbing, electricity (not ALL of us, some stubborn old coot pot farmers i know don't) but you still run across the odd character that drives his tractor to the grocery store.:biggrin: lots of Amish in middle TN, gotta watch out for horseback riders & buggies on most back roads.:tiphat: