What's new

How sensitive is the marijuana plant to small light leaks ?

S

sparkjumper

Go to home depot in the paint section and get the thickest black plastic sheeting they sell.Then use silver tape also called foil tape to cover the window.It works better than duct tape for this application.And I think you're probably making too big a deal out of this,just fix it and forget it

the moon only gives off about 1/2 watt psqft. It is NOTHING!!! our eyes are so good at gathering light it just seems bright.

It is virtual blackness

Problem has been fixed for a while now. I completely covered the window with a big posterboard and duct tape, problem solved. Simple solution for a simple problem. I always wondered about moonlight, but it seems that light is perceived by the eyes to be brighter than it really is.

ibjamming

Veteran
I'm no "expert" but I'd expect it to be strain dependent... But I'd also add...just about every night the moon comes up...and THAT doesn't affect flowering. So, I'd suspect, if the light leak is brighter than the moon...it's bad. Not as bright...should be OK.

Im no expert, but i dont even know why there is any debate weather or not a strain will hermi with light pollution. You wouldnt water your plants with 7.9 Phed water would you? Just like if you have a light leak you need to fix ASAP! or you get nanners and nuts!!

Good luck with finding the leak.

Highvibes:rasta::smoweed:

blinx420

If the light leak is directly hitting your plant's it can affect there cycle but if there is very little light letting in thru edges like say a closet grow as long as you can't see your hand where the plants are you should be ok.

dotblunt

the moon only gives off about 1/2 watt psqft. It is NOTHING!!! our eyes are so good at gathering light it just seems bright.

It is virtual blackness

Hmm, that is very interesting! I'll put it another way: If it is 1/2W SqFT then does that not multiply out? IE: a plant covering say a 3x3 space gets the equivalent of 4.5W, which sounds like a fair amount of light to me. I walk trails late at night (probably like a few here) and the full moon light is enough to cast shadows...that has got to be more than nothing no? Equivalent to a small light leak in a closet, albeit a very small one.

I honestly have no clue, but I'd love to hear more if anyone knows.

Dot

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
The plants know it's moon light, and know to ignore it, the spectrum is something they expect at night.

firetech89

So I'm at day 20 and messed up and had left my timer on for I'd say 37 hours. I have it corrected. What should I expect now, a longer flower time, herms?