What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how reliable are pre flowers?

burnt out og'er
Veteran
In case anyone is confused, I REPEAT...

IF you have pistillate premordia (female preflowers) on your vegetative growth plants,
it's 100% safe to say that it's cuttings will be female.

Sheeesh...
It's a fine idea to keep track of which clones came from which donor just in case that female turns out hermie later on in flowering,
but that always goes without saying. and, THAT was NOT the question.

Besides that... you folks are forgetting that the cuttings will be rooting while the donor keeps vegging and "preflowering"

ibjamming

Veteran
I agree with 10k...

Only exception is you can have a plant show female preflowers and then could turn out to be hermaphrodite.

In general tho, you'll never have a plant throw male preflowers and then turn out to be female, least in my experience.

Actually...it CAN happen...I've had it happen. A "male" with nice balls everywhere...suddenly starts to make female flowers. And of course we all know a female can start making balls.

But generally, if you see the white hairs, you have a girl and she'll generally stay that way.

V1AAA

apart from the good advice on the thread, there is a product you can buy, mix it with water and throw it in your feed/water

this will also show you what sex the plant is

cant remember the name. i am waiting for a friend to give me some to try

smokeymacpot

Veteran
In general tho, you'll never have a plant throw male preflowers and then turn out to be female, least in my experience.

haha, ive had them do this, first preflower was a bollock, then it went to female, no more balls showed.

typically tho female preflowers are 99% female, the 1% will be hermi, so its pretty accurate.

Latest posts

Latest posts