What's new

How Rare is 1977 California Orange aka Cali O??

Dirt Life

Veteran
i wonder where seedsmans cali o came from,,, sounds interesting,,,if its a samS seed lot im defo on that shit

them bodhi seeds sound good too,,might give them a try some day

Im pretty sure SamS has confirmed that the haze & skunk Seedsmans offers were from him, so, wouldnt doubt its originally from his stock... You could probably ask about it in the seedsmans forums. :)

Stash

I've got my very old seeds (old but good) AE77 x Uzbek, Cali-O S-1's and Cali-O x Ghaze. When I grow these out the only pure Cali-O will be female only but I do have two Cali-O x's to breed with to make 75% Cali-O seeds. I have another project going now. Just to much for one man. Later,Stash

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im pretty sure SamS has confirmed that the haze & skunk Seedsmans offers were from him, so, wouldnt doubt its originally from his stock... You could probably ask about it in the seedsmans forums. :)

I just did...I'm looking for a list of the stuff sam sold them so I can get myself a bunch of old coffeshop style jars full of old school smoke...can't wait. .sounds lovely

igrowone

Veteran
i never had the fortune to grow out the mostly sativa version that was offered by Nirvana years ago
instead i got what was called a reworked version, not so sativa and more hybrid indica
not bad, but didn't match the older rep
my understanding is this cali-o is still offered by a number of vendors out there
it's ok, but not great imho

KONY

Veteran
Problem is with most orange or lemon flavored strains.... they don't pack much punch.
I assume this cut was no different, and the reason no one kept it around.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like tasty terp clones for daytime smoke..I save the knockout shit till late night...some stuff is too strong for early smoking, I'd be very happy with an orange Terp morning smoke. ..Defo looking into cali o soon

Genghis Kush

It's not Cali O but the Kosher Tangie that I have tried has an intense tangerine peel smell and taste and is very strong. Is the Tangie related to Cali O?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The best tasting pheno's of kosher tangie seemed to have more kush flavour than the orange taste..but maybe I needed to see more pheno's to catch that one..it was not a bad seedline but I did hope for more flavour from the ones I did run

Croissant

The cali-o I used to smoke was not uncommon in the late 90s early 2000s. It had a lot in common with the strain Albert Walker. Similar bud structure and some similarities in the high. It was different than th Nirvanna derived stuff which was more like artificial candy orange.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahh man,,I really want to dry the Albert walker,,, although I've heard it's the dago that has that orange taste and not the original AW,,

Tangielope,,,is that Tangie x chocolope?

billycw

Veteran
Bodhi has some very nice pairings with the AE77 Cali-o, have run Satsuma (Cali-o x Snow Lotus), Blood orange (cali-o x Appalachia) and cali-o x a11g. All had very orange examples to be found. Enjoyed Blood Orange the most out of the three and have seen him working with a frosty male BO...

Blood Orange
picture.php

picture.php

Satsuma
picture.php

Also Nspecta has been working on the AE77 Cali-O, showing killer examples in both out-crosses and S1. Can't wait to give these a go...

picture.php

Jerry B. Shirt from '78

need4weed

Veteran
Bodhi has some very nice pairings with the AE77 Cali-o, have run Satsuma (Cali-o x Snow Lotus), Blood orange (cali-o x Appalachia) and cali-o x a11g. All had very orange examples to be found. Enjoyed Blood Orange the most out of the three and have seen him working with a frosty male BO...

Blood Orange
View Image

View Image

Satsuma
View Image

Also Nspecta has been working on the AE77 Cali-O, showing killer examples in both out-crosses and S1. Can't wait to give these a go...

View Image
Jerry B. Shirt from '78

Is Nspecta releasing any s1 of the cali-o ?

Cheesegez

I like tasty terp clones for daytime smoke..I save the knockout shit till late night...some stuff is too strong for early smoking, I'd be very happy with an orange Terp morning smoke. ..Defo looking into cali o soon

save your breath on cali O bro , if your looking for that old skool orange you need to sample the tangerine haze pheno of somas NYCDxG13 from back in the day also known as mandarina if your a Spanish amigo , to me this the strongest orange/ tangerine smelling and tasting bud ever ..

im still rooting her out in Europe tho..... ill find the clone soon

peace

kaka_

Heard somewhere that the Cali-o is one step away from skunk 1, missing a parent or something.

Its been years since I've read the story but if I remember right Aeric pulled the calio plant out of a few hundred skunk seeds. I think that is accurate but its been 15 years and Ive smoked since then.

It may lack the potency I need for meds but it is a lovely plant that deserves to be preserved. It also makes some nice crosses. It has to be close or over 40 years old now.

igrowone

Veteran
Its been years since I've read the story but if I remember right Aeric pulled the calio plant out of a few hundred skunk seeds. I think that is accurate but its been 15 years and Ive smoked since then.

interesting that, the nirvana cali-o i ran had some skunk going on with it
which i thought was a more recent addition, mixed feelings on skunk
maybe run some more of those seeds, nicer phenos could be waiting

Stash

I own some very old Cali-O seeds but they are S-1 all female. I also have Ae77 x Uzbek and some Cali-O x Ghaze, all old seed and at some point I need to make a cross with one or both of these crosses that have males to keep the lines going. Later, Stash

Latest posts

Latest posts