What's new

how r u heating when lights out? brrrrrrrr

I have my light on during the night. the sweet tooth ( at 4 weeks) seems to be doing great with the light off temp of 55 F..
my logic is "if it was outside and in a northern lattitide during the summer.. the temp could easily be in the upper 40's at night.."

Che

Veteran
Same as mountain kind and Doobie Nyce..
I had to run a space heater until girls got big, then RH went up and needed to crank the Dehumidifier. No more need for space heater!

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have used space heaters in the past but with my new setup i am going with a mini split heat pump/ac. the mitsubishi ones will switch to heat and back to ac without intervention in order to keep a set temp. it will run ac with lights on and switch to heat if needed with lights off. set and forget. the mini splits are also about 10db more quiet then window units. 10db difference is twice as loud or in my case half as loud ;)

Ny2CaFuse

I'm in the Northeast and growing in a basement closet. It's adjacent to the concrete foundation so it gets pretty chilly at night and during really cold days. My grow box is a separate enclosure within the closet, so what I do is run the lights in the box at night, and during the day I have a couple incandescent lights that not only provide enough heat to keep temps outside the box 50+, but also keep my power running smooth without spikes. If your grow is lightproof, try using using lights... they're a lot safer then space heaters inside an enclosed area.

B

badugi

I have two dehumidifiers that keeps my sealed & insulated room nice and warm; in fact, my A/C needs to run in order to keep the room cool enough.

thor

Outdoor Grower, C99 Lover
ICMag Donor
I have the same problem, my temps seem to go down to 15C during the night. I thought of putting terrarium heating cable underneath the pots. From what I've seen, plants in soil love to have their feet warm :)

whodair

Veteran
my remedy

my remedy

last weekend i cut into a 6 inch heat duct running through the basement. i put in a "T" and ran the new duct down to the floor where its coldest. the basement is now several degrees warmer, and my grow area pulls its intake at a proper temp now. my new lows are 59, instead of 53-55.

in the summer, this vent can also blow A/C, unless i cap it after winter.

Latest posts

Latest posts