What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often spray the fresh clones with water?

N

NewAgeGenetics

one more question lol

so when you spray rooted plants in veg with water! I use plain tap water but a guy says that he would use "destillated" water LOL

which is better for the plants? tap or destillated water? maybe rain water?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
spraying is for chumps that don't have a proper cloning setup....yeehaw,,ha ha ha ha ha ha,,i barely check mine ...wanna pic????

N

NewAgeGenetics

I like to spray them with water but I understand what you say, its not a necessary when the propagator box is not hot inside and the humidity stay up to 90%.

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
some really good info on cloning in this video from the IC member who roots the most in Humbolt.
skip the crappy 1st minute of music.
Wonderland Nursery

[YOUTUBEIF]gANNEB4ZbX0[/YOUTUBEIF]

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had no idea Seth Rogan was interviewing growers.

Good flick.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
That's a nice setup too
trout. Simple and effective, cheap. Perfect. Thanks for sharing!

I liked the idea shown in that vid of using a shallow layer of petite under rioters in a tray. Cool. I'm still just putting cuts in coco cups. Patience.

N

NewAgeGenetics

never cloned in perlite but seems good.

Trout, should I let some water in the bottom of the glasses/perlite?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I used to clone in perlite years ago using a wick system. Switched over to a bubble cloner but always had great success in perlite.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
perlite is so easy.. I wet cups and leave some water in tray for no more than 2 days..then drain away extra and do nothing for the rest unless cups get light feeling ...but usually you will notice some growth or bottom leaves starting to yellow...perlite holds more water than you would think..i leave tray closed for about 3 or 4 days then start opening it gradually....yeehaw..plugs are a waste of money IMHO...all else ya need is a heat mat and controller and ya can setup anywhere...those are on a 4 ft mat...the large sterilite trays hold 24 ,16 oz cups per tray..

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
perlite is so easy.. I wet cups and leave some water in tray for no more than 2 days..then drain away extra and do nothing for the rest unless cups get light feeling ...but usually you will notice some growth or bottom leaves starting to yellow...perlite holds more water than you would think..i leave tray closed for about 3 or 4 days then start opening it gradually....yeehaw..plugs are a waste of money IMHO...all else ya need is a heat mat and controller and ya can setup anywhere...those are on a 4 ft mat...the large sterilite trays hold 24 ,16 oz cups per tray..

Do you pH the water? Once rooted, how do you get the roots outta the perlite? Whenever I used to use perlite, I always snapped a couple roots pulling em out. Of course, I wasn't smart enough to use individual cups! Lol. I filled up the tray with perlite! Hahahahaha

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Do you pH the water? Once rooted, how do you get the roots outta the perlite? Whenever I used to use perlite, I always snapped a couple roots pulling em out. Of course, I wasn't smart enough to use individual cups! Lol. I filled up the tray with perlite! Hahahahaha

just like S.Trout was saying....
i would use like a little shot glass,or something(obviously there plastic cups..lol) they give you at the dentist office to rinse and spit with..
then i would just take each individual cup and slowly roll them around and gradually pulled out clone...
only thing i wasnt to stoked on the perlite is(as its miniscule),is that when i use the peat pellets ,i can see the minute the roots poke out the sides...
with that perlite im sure im waiting/letting them root longer cause i couldnt see the roots untill the were fairly long..meaning im sure i.could have already planted them and.started them vegging,like i said very effective,but ill stick to me peat pellets..
THOU the perlite did work for me... Yea,Haw...lol (i had to) :biggrin: :dance013:

blotter

using a clone king or ez clone type set up is it necessary to mist cuts?

I just took some for my ez clone and they're drooping pretty good. should I just increase the humidity in the room as there is no dome

thanks for any help. I misplaced the instructions that came with and assumed there wasn't much to it

Rondon

Because he's right. 14 days for clones to root is insane. It should take 3-5 days max. Plus I suggest that you cut those leaves off, as your cuttings are having to spend more energy supporting those fan leaves compared to using all of the energy for roots.
Huh???? Cmon speedy.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My experience is cuttings don't give a fuck if they're sprayed or not, they can root the same.

Just a couple of things related to water and humidity:

Cuttings must not be wet for more than ca. 10 hours continuosly. They have to dry out after 10 hours or fungi will have time to sprout and germinate in plant's tissue.
If there is any fungal attack, dry air will kill it. Time after time.
However there is no need to spray anything if a dome is used in the correct way.

If a dome is used, than condensation becomes an important thing to avoid, as normally, it forms on cold hours, when temperature decreases, as when lights are off. When light will be ON again, that condensation can't evaporate because the atmosphere in the dome is already saturated, and it's going to be saturated more and more as the temperature increase by other water sources, like substrate. So condensations tends to stay on cuttings, exposing them to the risk of a fungal attack.

My two cents are there isn't a really correct way, it's just up to grower and climate. In very dry climates it's impossible to root clones without a dome, as in very humid climates there is no need for a dome and a little spraying sometimes can be the best option.

:wave:

N

NewAgeGenetics

I always spray the clones with fungicide the next day after I cut them. no chance for any mold in the propagator.

Latest posts

Latest posts