What's new

How often do you flush? Please Help!

wisco61

I don't change my rez at all. I start them on plain water and add the nutes as I go. I just give them nutes every 3rd gallon of water they drink until I see some burn, then back off. If I see any yellowing I will give them a little more food. 3 1/2 weeks before harvest they just get plain water. By the time they are chopped they've used up all the nutes in the water and are flushed.

I have a PH and TDS meter but haven't used them for a while. My tap PHs to the correct levels once the GH hardwater micro takes hold.

I'm doing DWC with 2 plants in a 13 gal rubbermaid and its pretty easy this way.

MeanBean

Hey wisco61, that sounds like a good plan to me. That would be great if I could get the nutrients to water balance just right when adding to my res!

I am learning to read "tip burn" pretty well. I have a mother I am flowering in her own 5 gal bucket. I am unable to flush her because the setup I put her in is a temp one. Sooo I have been A. watching the leaf burn and B. watching the color of the water, when its real red theres alot of nutes in there!! Thats how I determine if it's going to be topped with 1 gallon of water or nutirent solution.
Not sure if I am ready to make the plung from every week to never right now though lol!

I will try every 2 weeks. If that's cool, then maybe next grow I will flush twice..

dtfsux

Sometimes I flushed when changing out nutes, but the last few months never flushed till the end. I had large enough res'es, I only changed nutes every 2-3 weeks when changing nute formula like bloom enhancer, etc.

H

hunt

I flush only once during the flowering, otherwise just add water and fertilizer.
peace

I just started a grow on my first e&f table about 6 weeks ago. I been growing hempy buckets for a few years though.

Anyway, on the e&f table I have just using the add back method. I just add 5 gal of full strength nutrient solution when the level drops. I have only changed out the Rez once.

I am using GH Maxibloom for flower. This stuff is really easy if you have a Rez. And it's cheap to use too. It is pretty much powered Lucas formula. 1 tsp per gallon gives me 1.9 ec at about 5.3 pH. You guys got to check out Maxibloom.

Latest posts

Latest posts