What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much to cut down on nutes after early signs of burn?

GrayZone

I'm using BioCanna, Bloom and Flores.

I'm following Canna's feeding chart and have been increasing the dose of nutes as the flowering advances. In week five I gave them the max amount of both Bloom and Flores, and now the tips of the leaves are very slightly burnt.

So before I noticed that, they were getting a bit lower dose(week four)of Bloom and Flores and there were no signs of burn or slow growth(seems that was the sweet spot).
Hence, I'm gonna fall back to that dosage of ferts.
I'm not sure if I should flush them once, next time I water them, or simply cut down on nutes, move on, and see how they'll react.

I'm getting into week six, so I don't want any trouble at this stage of flowering. Just happy buds fattening up and sweating, a lot :biggrin:

Thoughts and suggestions, please...

troutman

Seed Whore
Maybe 2 days of just water with a 50% reduction in nutrients afterwards.
The plants will let you know.

Good Luck

GrayZone

Thanks.

50% seems too much, the burn on the tips is barely noticeable, and it's organic fertilizer.
I've given them 25% less of Bloom and 20ish% less of Flores. Will observe and see. Flushing doesn't seem to work with organic nutes, according to a couple of sources, so I'll skip that.

Ca++

BioCanna Bloom ?

Week 5 see's an uptake of K, that can lead to burnt tips it it's in short supply.

I don't know this product (and neither do canna) and could do with pics of this burn.

GrayZone

This is so slight that I am not even worried, but rather simply cautious. They're doing pretty well, no stunt growth or any other issues.

1702373739160.png
1702373779933.png

IMG_20231212_104031.jpg

The rest of the leaves have those slight burns/yellowing on tips too, but you can see that, overall, they look fine.

GrayZone

It that's 5 weeks, well done (y)

Thanks. Actually day 2 of week six. Serious Kush, a pretty serious indica, so they are not that far from chop chop. Maybe 2-2.5 weeks, judging by trichs.

Not my first rodeo, that's for sure, but first since 2011 or so. As they are doing pretty well, I'm super cautious not to have any issues now, as it's peak flowering time.

Latest posts

Latest posts