What's new

How Much Influence Does Bag Appeal Have on You?

How Much Influence Does Bag Appeal Have on You?

• Zero

Votes: 30 23.3%
  • I'm influenced 25% by the appearance of the product.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • I'm influenced 50% by the appearance of the product.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • I'm influenced 75% by the appearance of the product.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I'm influenced 100% by the appearance of the product.

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mowood3479

Veteran
people drive me nuts with this... I swear people just want to complain... too dense, not dense enough, smells funny, doesnt smell enough... etc...
but in general a nice tight bud with visible frost is way important to most people in my area..
seems like hardly anyone is discussing the high of a strain...
and sativas forget about it.. had some c99 that i loved... great uplifting motivating high.. nobody liked it.. lol..
so bag appeal is in my opinion held to be way more important than it should be... to me, if im buying it to smoke... its all about the effects but the general populace not so much

B

BasementGrower

see this is the problem.. we are alll coming into the weed seen wen u r young. and once u start smoking good weed mainly indica... sativas just dont cut it.. but for some people indicas dont cut it.. i just dont get it.. if i let a Sativa go extra long.. until amber trichomes will the effects be more like indica? or just more racy? how does it work with sativas? is it more trippy? or can u get a tired high from sativas if they are let gone past cloudy?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeded bud

Seeded bud

I'd guess the seeded one, but the other one looks better...
For me you are correct Black Elf, I get a much better high from the pressed seedy sativa than I do the frosty sinsemilla. I even like the taste better on the seeded bud. My Colombian connection did not want to sell me the pressed bud because he thinks the more expensive pretty bud is better. Don't get me wrong I love the sweet tasting powerful frosty buds but if I had a choice (and I do here) I buy the ugly seeded bud. However very soon I will not have to buy anything.

Viva Colombia!

B

BrnCow

I met a weed dealer once that also sold nose candy. His sales were slacking on the nc so he took a calendar that Playboy included in their mag, cut snow seal shaped wrappers with prime naked pics placed perfectly with the parts aligned for viewing, and he sold out before the day was over...no one said no! Oh yes, he put them in fitted plastic bags and sealed them...so sight does sell...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,bag appeal,not for me,sure we have all had weed that looked and smelled great but when smoked,nader,nothing, we used to call it " all show and no go",,never judge weed by bag smell imho.cheers peace and safe growing s2

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a thought

Just a thought

In all fairness I would like to say that I’ve had literally tons of bud that looked very much like this over the years and most was not good. I’ve had brickweed in the states that was so bad I couldn’t believe someone was that stupid to risk prison smuggling it into the country. Whereas 90% of the good smelling frosty pretty sinsemilla was indeed good or even great. I would have to say that in the USA bag appeal has very much to do with quality now days because most imported cannabis looks and is of poor quality. Here I have better options for obtaining cannabis so bag appeal isn’t as important as the effect I’m looking for in the local domestic sativa. Also the local pressed bud is cheap enough that I can buy it and if it’s not good I can get something different without breaking the bank. Most of it gets you an effect but only the best has a strong positive experience long in duration and clean upon completion. Here's a few old pics of some of the best ugly Colombian.

attachment.php

Just little seedy buds but mind blowing effect

attachment.php

Punto Rojo (The best IMHO)

attachment.php

Santa Marta Gold

attachment.php

High Altitude Purple Sinsemilla

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

Easy7

Veteran
Bag appeal, I would say it never lives up to it unless I have smoked that bud before. Best herb I have smoked looked good but there was no indication just how good it ended up being untill smoked. Its like judging beer by the can or bottle.

T

ThirstyKenny

Here in Oz i think it's age dependant. The older school guys love their well grown bush(outdoor). One mate a little bit older than me, refers to hydro as something that he can mix with his bush-like some folks do with tobacco. To my older mates bag appeal is nothing. Long as it smokes up well. Back in the day bush was all you could get and compared to todays indoor, it had nothing in the bag appeal department. Whereas the younger folk say under 35 would rather smoke hydro simply for the density,smell and crystals reguardless whether it be not as good to smoke as the outdoors. Last season, I gave a younger mate a bud from another ol'mate who grows a bit of outdoors. He looked at me as if to say'how dare to offer that bushweed to a 'mr Asia' like myself??' Well he had a couple of bongs and was off his face, grinning from ear to ear. Next day he's ringing me to ask if i had any more :D
So to answer the poll's question, Bag appeal means 0 to me.
Kenny

Doctor.THC

Definitely if I had the choice I would choose the bud that looks better, more times often than not you are going to have a better quality. But fact is when you do it right, it does not have to look good to be wicked sick. You know, just better odds if you can see a good amount of trichomes already dusting the bag on the inside.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
In all fairness I would like to say that I’ve had literally tons of bud that looked very much like this over the years and most was not good. I’ve had brickweed in the states that was so bad I couldn’t believe someone was that stupid to risk prison smuggling it into the country. Whereas 90% of the good smelling frosty pretty sinsemilla was indeed good or even great. I would have to say that in the USA bag appeal has very much to do with quality now days because most imported cannabis looks and is of poor quality. Here I have better options for obtaining cannabis so bag appeal isn’t as important as the effect I’m looking for in the local domestic sativa. Also the local pressed bud is cheap enough that I can buy it and if it’s not good I can get something different without breaking the bank. Most of it gets you an effect but only the best has a strong positive experience long in duration and clean upon completion. Here's a few old pics of some of the best ugly Colombian.

View Image
Just little seedy buds but mind blowing effect

View Image
Punto Rojo (The best IMHO)

View Image
Santa Marta Gold

View Image
High Altitude Purple Sinsemilla

Peace from Colombia!

Not to be an asshole, but that Punto Rojo is schwag. Sure I've been high as a kite off schwag after a half ounce or so. But I hate the seeds, hate the fact it was unattended, outdoors. Full of who-knows-what kind of bugs. Before the dispensaries took over that stuff went for 100/qp. Good for hash, not much else.

I'd like to try some of that High Altitude purple though.

Lucky 7

I believe bag appeal influences us more than we realize . . . . . I've got some knockout Iranian but I avoid it because it had no trichs, no smell, and looks like shit, so go figure . . . .

bag appeal is for noobs..noone would buy or grow pure sativas if he gives a shit of bag appeal..colombian gold,thai, and almost all sativa landraces has shitty bag appeal,but are they shit? XD

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Bag Appeal is A-1. If the smell of it doesnt do it for you....It's trash. Smells like shit but gets you high as a kite? That's the Rescue Ranger. Tastes like shit and is shit/shity, go away.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
I believe bag appeal influences us more than we realize . . . . . I've got some knockout Iranian but I avoid it because it had no trichs, no smell, and looks like shit, so go figure . . . .

Breed one of them ladies with some Dude, I dont think you'll be surprised.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Punto Rojo schwag?

Punto Rojo schwag?

Not to be an asshole, but that Punto Rojo is schwag. Sure I've been high as a kite off schwag after a half ounce or so. But I hate the seeds, hate the fact it was unattended, outdoors. Full of who-knows-what kind of bugs. Before the dispensaries took over that stuff went for 100/qp. Good for hash, not much else.

I'd like to try some of that High Altitude purple though.

Hi, you’re not being an asshole, your just wrong. Obviously you’ve never had Colombian high altitude grown Punto Rojo and that’s not surprising since it rarely gets exported anymore. Trust me my friend real Punto Rojo is connoisseur cannabis and is highly sought after for its unique effect. If you have to burn ½ an OZ its not Colombian much less Punto Rojo.

Viva Colombia!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,,have posted pics up of some beautiful thai weed in another thread,i personally not seen or tasted thai like this since late seventys-early eighties, no seeds and long stringy amber trics, fresh as hell,,i got it from the rastas,,rastamen say they cant sell this weed to anyone under 30,mainly people over 30-35 buying this great weed and its as cheap as hell,,,go figure? peace and safe growing s2

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bag Appeal

Bag Appeal

hiya,,,have posted pics up of some beautiful thai weed in another thread,i personally not seen or tasted thai like this since late seventys-early eighties, no seeds and long stringy amber trics, fresh as hell,,i got it from the rastas,,rastamen say they cant sell this weed to anyone under 30,mainly people over 30-35 buying this great weed and its as cheap as hell,,,go figure? peace and safe growing s2

I saw your thai buds in your thread and man you are lucky to get that now days. The fact is "bag appeal moves weed and pretty bud will always sell before pressed bud reguardless of the of the effect because you can't try before you buy.

Peace from Colombia!

Latest posts

Latest posts