What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much does it cost to produce a gram/ounce of bud?

MindEater

as others have stated, too many variables starting with one's own definition of 'decent quality bud'

Until you can qualify that threshold or meaning that everyone can agree on,
there is little chance anyone will be able to quantify the answer you are looking for.

Good luck with your quest:tiphat:

Well the worse the weed the higher it costs. Pesticides, excess nutes, too many employees, ruined/no flavor when vaporizered, thats what makes bud unacceptable. We all agreed on that until legalization started peddling to non-weed users, now "acceptability" is strictly about looks.

I've bought kilatons of weed through the mail in my life, the quality started dropping dramatically once the digital camera was invented.

Rico Swazi

pretty flowers and THC percentage makes for a perceived value in the marketplace

Somewhere along the line, the idea came about that a nine foot cannabis plant is 'better' than a 2 ft auto grown on a balcony in terms of being 'decent quality bud'

perceived value of what they, the consumer doesn't know they are paying for

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I loved that one. It encouraged me to put a few plants in a wild orchard this coming season. I'll have to be sneaky about it because it pretty close to ATV trails, and everyone knows those guys smoke dope. lol

That is really a good way. lol. Be safe and good luck. :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
500-700lb indoor
In real life, that's pretty close for me.

Electricity, lights, nutes, new/replacement tent, more/new pots, fan, new/better carbon filter... and all sorts of extra small and big stuff like "Oh.. I keep blowing that breaker so I better get an electrician in here". Every time I'm in the store I'm picking up impulse items like rubber twist ties, plastic labels, paper garden waste bags, printing labels, another food processor (because the wife caught me using hers), aquarium pumps, hoses, and keep me away from Amazon... fuck.... it never ends. lol

But like Gypsy showed, you can grow a few small plants without spending more than a couple bucks.

Outdoors in the ground? You can do it for about 10 bucks a seed, free if they're bag seed, put out 10 plants and just let them go. Maybe give then a drink in a drought.

Here's one of 10 I put out in the bush a few years ago. I just stuck them in the ground with no amendments other than a couple Jobes tomato spikes and let them be. It got topped by something, but I didn't even cut the weeds around it.

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I take it that legal growers (or illegal ones for that) are so professional today that they must have a proper P&L for their business?
That would be the easiest starting point.
CC

Latest posts

Latest posts