What's new

How much does color effect price?

Justa6655321

Veteran
If I lower the temps enough my haze turns almost pure black. I'll get almost 3 times the $$$ for the black than the same weed when it's green. There is no smoke difference.

Anyone else seeing this?

What's the fastest darkest comercal strain out there?

Anyone?

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
In Cali anything purple or black gets top dollar even if its garbage. The market likes what the market likes! It has been that way since I can remember.

P

ProIndica

i personally would never buy smoke if it were pure Black,wouldn't care how good it is.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
In Cali anything purple or black gets top dollar even if its garbage.

Now now, who are your friends in Cali? Thats not true....garbage is garbage and I've had medicore bud that was purple and frosty and never bought it again..I go to clubs and choose green buds over purple all day long, not sure what you mean by that.

I can see how some newby might get excited by purple nugs, but most people here know the difference between fire and medium grade by any color..

this is unethical, but we're talking about making money already, right?

Why not just use food coloring?

Much like how celery will suck up the water, I'm sure if you waited until shortly before harvest, and then fed the plant black food coloring when it was really thirsty, it'd suck it up.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you could just do it that way.

Not sure what constantly adding black food coloring would do.

H

h^2 O

this is unethical, but we're talking about making money already, right?

Why not just use food coloring?

Much like how celery will suck up the water, I'm sure if you waited until shortly before harvest, and then fed the plant black food coloring when it was really thirsty, it'd suck it up.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing you could just do it that way.

Not sure what constantly adding black food coloring would do.
why stop there - I bet you could have some SERIOUSLY blue plants with food coloring...leaves and all. I might try this, let everyone know what happens. Hopefully food coloring isn't poisonous to plants

Purple/black gets top dollar in most places I buy. I think of a few reasons why
a) it's more rare than green
b) a lot of people, myself included, had some purps back in the day that were the shit
c) a lot of purps are clone-only
d) "purple haze", "blueberry" - couple of weed terms known to 100% of smokers

I know better now, but when I first started smoking there were some clone only purps in CA that kicked a$$. I just wish I could find that strain and get clones delivered to the rockies :rasta:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why stop there - I bet you could have some SERIOUSLY blue plants with food coloring...leaves and all. I might try this, let everyone know what happens. Hopefully food coloring isn't poisonous to plants

:laughing: you bet? :wink:

002-8.jpg

I think the suggestion of clipping a branch and leaving it in a jar of food coloring a good way to do it.

This way, it happens close to harvest, and the plant really isn't alive anymore, just capillary action sucking up water, and then dry/cure.

It's unfortunate, but markets are not always rational nor do desirables qualities reflect tangible increases in quality.

But I guarantee, the average market value of blue, red, purple, green, even crazier would be if you could get a UV reactive dye (non toxic one could hope), call it 3 mile island or something and flash the bag under a black light.

Perception also has a strong effect on our senses. If someone thinks a certain bowl will be better due to a given quality, they may actually get "higher" due to the brain releasing it's own chemicals.

There have been studies done where people are told wine A is $100 a bottle, and wine B is $10, in reality, they might both be $10, or even visa versa, but consistently people will state "A" is better, and even describe all of the ways in which it is.

Regardless, I think it's a safe bet that if you had some colored gear that glowed under a UV light, many folks (though perhaps not too many of us) would be blown away by it. Of course after that experience, they relay that experience to their friends, and thus all of a sudden everyone is buzzing about this "3 mile island" which glows in the dark, even some of us start wondering about it, next thing you know GHS starts selling a "fem'd" version of it, and finally folks here start a thread complaining why it doesn't glow in the dark.

But yeah, I bet you could have the next "kush" with a fancy colored herb that glows in the dark or reacts under UV. Hype is really significant when folks buy into it.

myself i have not really smoked a real potent purple but you all know purple sells good nearly everywhere

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Now now, who are your friends in Cali? Thats not true....garbage is garbage and I've had medicore bud that was purple and frosty and never bought it again..I go to clubs and choose green buds over purple all day long, not sure what you mean by that.

I can see how some newby might get excited by purple nugs, but most people here know the difference between fire and medium grade by any color..

What part was confusing for you? My friends in Cali are none of your concern and yes Purple and colored buds outsell everything else and get top $ all day here. Just becuase you do it the way you do, doesnt mean it isnt going down as described elsewhere. The question isnt about what you choose at the club but about colorful buds. Newbie? Again!? What do the choices of the people here have to do with the question of the thread. Take your green buds and put it next to anything Purple/colorful and watch which one sells the fastest. I didnt make the market but I know what it likes. That seems pretty un-confusing to me.

Fewture

i really don't know why.. but when people hear.. or see that you have purple bud.. it makes em cream their panties.. maybe.. its because.. its exotic.. hell.. i really can't speak for everybody tho.. so who knows...

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Take your green buds and put it next to anything Purple/colorful and watch which one sells the fastest. I didnt make the market but I know what it likes. That seems pretty un-confusing to me

The one that sells the fastest is the one that is the best, same in clubs all over California.
That's why green strains are more sought after than any other over here.
I'll even give you examples of most sought after bud in Cali, and all are green - Og Kush, Chemdog, Cheese, Blue Dream, SSH,Green Crack, Sour Diesel, C99, and the list goes on...
I agree that newbys and people who are not conoisseurs may get excited about a purple bud, but what you said about California and purple ruling the market is simply not true. That's why I was confused about your misleading statement. You don't even live here dude...

Latest posts

Latest posts